THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: GAME OF THRONES STUFF ...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have read a few books in the past that showed great promise but which didn't get sequels. I now don't read any until I know the series is complete.
    The Hichhikers Guide To The Galaxy trilogy must have really messed with your mind.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Haha. I read it as a standalone book. Then a few years later as a trilogy. Then...

I had the Amazon page of an author bookmarked for years but can't find it now. He did a great fantasy book that was really weird, using body fluids to create magic, it sounds weird but it was great, the different items would affect the spells differently & potentially change the spell completely, some fluids were banned from use due to their potency etc. He has since written a load of other books but never continued that series which is annoying as the hero was in a bit of a pickle (though not literally!) at the end.

In recent years the same thing happens with shows I like. New rule, wait for a second season unless the majority think it's amazing (in which case I probably won't like it). There was a show cancelled recently with Julie Benz in that seemed good.

Originally Posted by Languid Virago
    From what I have heard the two are very different. I refuse to read the books untill the TV series is over, as at the moment one will spoil the other.
    I thought that too, but then I read the books (after watching the show) and the last book ends pretty much where the last episode ends, too. There are some differences in plot, namely they've shortened some sections presumably to make TV constraints, namely with Brieanne's storyline and Jorah Mormont (is that his name? The bear knight)

Gutted to hear all the chat about the author 'giving up' etc, the chat being he thinks he's got enough money so why bother. Hopefully he'll do us a solid and finish the damn thing and tie up all (or at least most!) of the loose ends. If he's that much of a c*nt he should pass the rights onto someone else to finish thats actually motivated to do it.

Personally the way I see it is Daenarys along with Tyrion (and Jon?) will be the dragon riders- both Daenarys and Tyrion are 'born of death' in the sense their mothers died giving birth, and Jon, if he is reborn (most likely) will be 'born of death' in that sense. They'll fly in at the head of their army and pump everyone rotten. Question is at what point this happens in relation to the undead? Will they breach the wall and invade the south first?

The undead and dragons are the best bits of the show so I'm hoping for a lot more of both. A lot of shows seem to have to focus on the human element to bring in a wider audience which I think is a shame. One of the LotR films had a fantastic start with a massive elf army, then the rest was really dull.

I like your choice of dragon riders. Are we assuming then that Jon's mum is a Targaryon?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Highbinder

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    I've read a theory that his father was Danerys brother and the mother is Ed's sister.

Has anyone watched the honest trailer? He too commented on the fact that there's a giant army of dead things and they're still pissing about fighting for villages.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

Are we assuming then that Jon's mum is a Targaryon?
    I think Jon's mum is a very crucial piece of info that has yet to be used, another reason why I think he isn't dead. Targaryon? why not, the family were destroyed by then and those left would hide who they really were.

GUESS WHAT'S BACK ON TONIGHT??? so excited!

Posted via the UKHIPPY Tapatalk Mobile App
    It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Sienna

Not Quite a Noobie
    It is probably the best entertainment I have ever seen on TV. Just love it!

We called it.

For our next prediction... 3 dragons require 3 riders...
    Daenerys, Jon Snow &... ?

My vote is for Tyrion. As much for the amusement as anything else.
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Fire-Tree, Sootyfoot

How in the name of all that is great and good did I manage to COMPLETLEY MISS the first flaming FOUR Series!!!!!!!!

Was I Pissed the whole time?????????

ok that was kinda a rhetorical question, I musta been living undedr a rock or something¬! why is my text so bloody big?

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Hold the door, jeez, that was worse than the Red Wedding on the emotional stakes. and Summer is dead, I guess winter is no longer coming, it has arrived. Even Sansa has grown a pair. I cannot wait till next weekend.
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper

Originally Posted by Languid Virago
    I think Jon's mum is a very crucial piece of info that has yet to be used, another reason why I think he isn't dead. Targaryon? why not, the family were destroyed by then and those left would hide who they really were.
    I think that jon snows mum is neds sister, but that his father is actually Robert Baratheon, making Jon the true heir to the iron throne..... Just throwing that out there lol x
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, FriedOnion

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar

We called it.

For our next prediction... 3 dragons require 3 riders...
    Daenerys, Jon Snow &... ?

My vote is for Tyrion. As much for the amusement as anything else.
    Oh I do hope you're right!
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

OH well! That'll be that then. I came late to Game of thrones and still have catching up to do! Why the fuck did I open this thread????????
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh

Hi there. I'm new to UKH, so glad there's a Game of Thrones forum. Anyone else as geeky and obsessed with it as I am? X
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

I'm only on season 2... I've loads to catch up

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Think yourself lucky. Ive seen the first one. Its currently sat in my favorites on specto waiting for me to get round to watching it.
    I was going to watch it after i finished boardwalk empire..
    Then after i finished vikings...
    Then after i finished black sails....
    Then after i finished breaking bad .....
    And now ive started on the bastard executioner......

And ive got some more thats been recommended. Right, its definately next now that i must officially be the last person ever to have seen it!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Hurry up! New series soon.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Hurry up! New series soon.
    Oh heck!

Heavenly Creature
    Neither I or rm have ever seen any of it

I'm freeview all day long
    just a simple guy