THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Introduction to Cornish Stone Hedging

Introduction to Cornish Stone Hedging

A 2 day practical course on 4th & 5th July near Looe, Cornwall. We will be covering the basic aspects of Cornish stone hedging / dry stone walling. I will teach you how to take down and rebuild a stone wall using traditional methods on a beautiful organic farm near the sea.
    100 for the weekend. Includes free tea and homemade cake! Camping available. Full details on the website
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman

That sounds ideal. I really want to do this. I will check out the website.

Thank you very much indeed

Paul
    PⒶUL

Just had a look at your website and your work is stunning. I will be in touch

Paul
    PⒶUL

For anyone interested in doing this course or similar. Do it. I went on a two day hedgelaying course in 1986. With me it paid dividends times many. I gained rented access to ancient woodlands and coppice for a yearly peppercorn rent of 6 per chain. Allowing me to live and work from those woods. Having attained recognised training. I became a approved contractor for district and county councils. Any conservation financial grant assistance that was approved for farmers and landowners. Would be accompanied by a list of approved contractors. So the work came to me. Clients excepted that I would also live on site (in their fields and woods) in vehicles, inc horse and bowtop, while the work was carried out. 100 Investment in knowledge, pays the highest interest and comes with some of the best park ups with benefits.

Thanks AW
    I just found out a a good friend of mine that I have not seen for a while runs the pub just down the road from where this course is held so it seems like fate.
    Paul
    PⒶUL

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    Investment in knowledge, pays the highest interest
    I am going to nick that quote

Paul
    PⒶUL

Originally Posted by aman
    That sounds ideal. I really want to do this. I will check out the website.

Thank you very much indeed

Paul
    Between '92 and '95ish I used to dry stone wall for a living, that morphed into more formal stone work and then landscaping, I drive by some of my walls at times, even 20 years later i want to stop and rebuild parts animals have knocked down, at least i hope it wasn't something i did wrong, you feel kinda possessive towards them.

Not much call for coppicing in my part of the world, but I have always wanted to learn the skill.

Sounds a great weekend.

Peeps should go for it, real skills like these need to be shared to the greatest number people.