THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you 'Wombled' today?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vanman84
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Found a tredle sewin machine in its own cupbord! Duno wot I will do wiv it tho. Maybe swap it for somfin
    Pics and I'll hopefully tell you what it is, some of the black and gold singer ones go for OK money. Mega reliable.

Or learn to sew, buy a pedal bike, make a sidecar out of scrap, fit the sewing machine,then cycle round on market day or during festivals offering to do people's repairs like they do a bit in Asia.

Or stick it gumtree, go buy a round down the pub.
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete, wurzel

Transcending
    Ha ha! Its a French made Pfaff prob between the wars. Ther must be some kinda machine lock on it cos the tredle works but the needle dont moove. Still a nice lookin thing. Pale vaneer an 3 swing out trays inside the door. I used to work wiv Pfaff overlockers. Well made and well fort ov industrial machines.

Pfaff, the Rolls Royce of sewing machines, my pfaff is elelctric and even at 35 years old is worth a fair few quid for the simple reason it will still be working in the 22 century with no repairs, what an awesome find. I have see treadle pfaffs go for 150 quid in antiques shops, depending on the model and condition of course.

Model number should be on the body of the machine, 30, 50, 131, 130 kind of thing.

Transcending
    Ooo will have a look tomorrow. I no the belt is snaped but fink that cos the machine wont moove. Not the other way round!

I'm really lucky to live in brighton which is heaven for wombles. People just put unwanted things outside their houses and those in need take them. It works really well.

A few of my best bits include a chaise lange, a biorb (posh fish tank) and accessories, beautiful comfy arm chair, Boden cafetiere, fruit and veg rack, an ikea day bed, a wooden balance bike and lots of other things. And I very nearly wombled a BOAT! Just missed out though as someone beat me to it.

I also put lots out including a couple of those posh gas lift bar stools. I love seeing people's delight when they find something.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Ooh, I forgot I got a little flat(ish) screen TV for my little girl, a ride in truck and trailer and an oil filled radiator. My 5 year old girl absolutely loves it. She's always on the look out for bits and bobs for her too.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, treestump

Heavenly Creature
    At the UKH campsite, Marian wombled a camp kettle that had lost it's handle - "You can make a new one, can't you?" - and a grill to put over a fire or barbie, and - wait for it - a whole ruddy Halfords tent, minus most of it's poles, that some non-hippy overnight campers had chucked away!
    It's drying out on the line at the moment, and she says it will be cut up for groundsheets and flysheets and the like. (I'm trying to persuade her to tidy it up with a few more poles, and give it to her brother when he wants to 'borrow' a tent. (He rarely gives things back, and we have to chase them, you know the sort of guy...).
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, MrsP, Rainbomama

So it was not full of the unmentionable things we said it might be then?good one marian!lol xx

Heavenly Creature
    No, it was only brown mud on the floor, fortunately. At least it smelled like brown mud....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

A play station two was today's womble. Not sure if it works yet as didn't have any controllers. Not really sure if I'd use it as we're not really game players. Also came in a rather lovely basket which I'll definitely keep. Every days a womble day! I could easily become a hoarder if I wasn't careful to clear out! Hee Hee. Gimme 20 years!
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, wurzel

I just gave a way my 43" plasma TV 'cos it is way too thirsty, and got given a little 24" LCD in exchange, oddly enough the small tv uses more juice, I sometimes I don't think I am doing this wombling thing correctly.

Still, sell it and get 50 quid or so more towards a decent low power LED TV.

Transcending
    Turned down a leccy keyboard by the recyclin today. Lost intrest cos it had bin open an mite have had somfin missin

I gave away the 24" LCD tv a couple of weeks ago ( for use as a computer moniter for a partialy sighted lady I am caring for) and got given another out of the blue today, weird, it will probably get passed along to someone new too,I know i have no use for it.

Anyway, scored a pair of almost new Bluetooth headphones, just a small break to fix. Red colour, which I am not sure about, but free is free and I was after a pair of decent over ear headphones. My ear buds are painful after an hour or so.

Heavenly Creature
    We wombled a heavy-duty sack barrow the other day, chucked out because the pneumatic tyres were gone.
    Luckily Screwfix had some solid ones that fitted, so for a few quid we now have a strong sack barrow, just when we needed one!
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, patchypete

Tuning In
    A while back I noticed a couple of sunloungers someone chucked in the hedge just up the road from my house. We had good weather last week so I had a look at them, having previously assumed they were broken, and found they just needed a clean up! Trouble is I get woken up by Germans putting their towels on them at 5 am.
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete

My youngest girl has always been an excellent womble. You lost it, she'd find it. From keys to pins to money.

Transcending
    Safety clogs wiv steel toe caps!! Woteva next? Reiforsed flip flops? O an got a leccy kettl for down me m8s garage.

Found a bit of worktop in a skip, but only about a foot wide; same as the worktop I got last month for a tenner. Cut it to size and it made a nice front support for the cupboard units I put in yesterday, doubles as a kick board, and matches the worktop.
    With the cupboards costing 99p, the whole unit was less than 11, which is a bit of a result I think :-)

Smile - It'll make them nervous.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Clayman, Duckman, Ecobob, mankhater, nicklincs, patchypete, treestump, wurzel

Top (no pun intended) bit of work there Colin.
    In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M

skip find of 3 8x4 foam fiberglass(very itchy cutting it) house insulation for the van , very happy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, patchypete

My partner came home yesterday proudly dragging a wombled rosemary bush. It was absolutely massive, he'd carried/dragged it home having salvaged it from someone's skip outside there house. We have now replanted it and named it Ronald. Hopefully it will survive 😊 but if anyone needs any rosemary, feel free to have some, we now have an over abundance!
    The following users think this post is groovy: astartosteerby, Clayman, nicklincs, patchypete

He may have shot himself in the foot, rosemary specially the smell of it's essential oil is supposed to improve your memory so no excuse for forgetting anniversaries, birthdays etc.
    In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
    The following users think this post is groovy: mankhater

Luckily he's excellent at remembering birthdays and anniversaries, its me that has a memory like a sieve 😉 Ronald is currently doing well in the garden, we've been giving him loads of compost to make up for the shock of being ripped out of the ground, and losing half his roots in the process 😊

Make sure you water him well, to settle him in, and if he rocks about a bit when it's windy, you might have to tie him to a post, or reduce the height of him...good luck Ronald