THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: What have you 'Wombled' today?

Sex
    Male
    Had one of those Should I / Shouldn't I womble moments today... In a skip round the corner is a very old (1950's I think) Radiogramme...A valve amp (Mono!!!) and MW/LW tuner in a once nice wooden cabinet, with a small record deck - the type that played a stack of singles.

Sadly too far gone to be restorable, so I left it...

Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Rick69
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I believe its for clearing up the mess from incorrect hob usage or summat...

"The best way to get something done , is to begin "

Sex
    Male
    I un-wombled something today....

I was popping round the corner to my local shop, when I saw a couple of guys walking the other way, one of them carrying a pair of bicycle tyres... I had a spare inner tube at home, a 700c sized one, so I asked him what size his wheel were... they were 26", bugger! The other guy rides a race bike though, with 700c wheels so I dash back indoors and gave him the tube.. he was delighted!

I'd offered the tube on freecycle, but got no takers... And the guys were Polish... I think they were astonished that a random British guy was nice to them...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Jeni Treehugger, ma bungo, nicklincs, patchypete, Rick69, Sootyfoot, Uncle jhad

Sex
    Male
    Managed to womble a free workbench - steel, 6 foot long x 30 inches. Two lockers underneath and best of all a quality record vice on it!
    Nearly gave me a bloody hernia getting it in the garage though!

Also some checker plate..
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, Offgrid hero, oldkeith, patchypete, Sootyfoot

Sex
    Male

Also some checker plate..
    What is it with people's attraction to this stuff????

Sex
    Male
    Haha dont get me wrong, im not a checker fetishist (?) However it easily cut and worked, and will do for flashing round my extractor fan until a decent bit of wood turns up.

I cant fathom these people who do the whole of truck beds etc with it, a lot of it looks bloody awful!
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete

Sex
    Male

I cant fathom these people who do the whole of truck beds etc with it, a lot of it looks bloody awful!
    Indeed.... It's good for steps, but completely horrible any where else...

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    We wombled a massive solid pine table top off a skip. It only fits in the LDV by wedging it between the bulkhead and propped up on the rear wheel arch. Already offered to Boneheaddred for his bus conversion.
    The following users think this post is groovy: boneheaddread, nicklincs, oldkeith, patchypete, Sootyfoot

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    We wombled a massive solid pine table top off a skip. It only fits in the LDV by wedging it between the bulkhead and propped up on the rear wheel arch. Already offered to Boneheaddred for his bus conversion.
    do you ever take a day off VW ?
    "The best way to get something done , is to begin "

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Nope! Today's haul was a square mop bucket, a folding mop, a tool caddy (a deep open tray with a handle) and a solid silver cross. Oh and a set of magnetic spice tins.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, nicklincs

Sex
    Male

Nope! Today's haul was a square mop bucket, a folding mop, a tool caddy (a deep open tray with a handle) and a solid silver cross. Oh and a set of magnetic spice tins.
    If you ever come across a C90 going free, let me know!

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    If you ever come across a C90 going free, let me know!
    Or two...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Will do, if I ever find out what one of those is. I am thinking motorbike.

Sex
    Male

Will do, if I ever find out what one of those is. I am thinking motorbike.
    The classic Honda stepthrough! You know, white legshields and all..... They were given away 20 years ago, but even rough ones are worth a few hundred quid now...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Thought so. I prefer four to six wheels myself.

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Wombled a load of dead cherry wood from a clients bonfire pile to supply heat and energy from my Julian burner this afternoon
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, nicklincs

One life, live it
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by realnutter
    The classic Honda stepthrough! You know, white legshields and all..... They were given away 20 years ago, but even rough ones are worth a few hundred quid now...
    Yes and yet good Harleys are two a penny (well almost!) can't give them away. Worth thinking about!
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Where are these Harleys, Bernie? Cause I'll take one if they are being given away
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, itinerant child, wurzel

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    And at two a penny,I will take a quids worth
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: TravellerNick, wurzel

Sex
    Male
    I'd rather walk then ride a Harley...

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69, TravellerNick

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    harleys are the bike worlds equivalent of merc vans, over priced pieces of crap

Sex
    Male
    Never had a Harley ridden a few always seemed to expensive to me,I do like the sound of a 1340 though
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Offgrid hero
    Never had a Harley ridden a few always seemed to expensive to me,I do like the sound of a 1340 though
    I'd prefer to listen to it than ride it........
    Smile - It'll make them nervous.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

A bit like lemmy..
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero, roddew