THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49
Results 1,153 to 1,168 of 1168

Thread: What have you 'Wombled' today?

A rechargeable speaker which, after a good charge, works well.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, Sootyfoot, Uncle jhad

Heavenly Creature
    A load of yellow plums from a few abandoned allotment trees. 'Warwickshire Drooper', I reckon.
    I shall have to make jam, we can't eat that many without running, and not many folks want them when you try to give 'em away.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, nicklincs

Bet you won't struggle to give the jam away tho! We used to live next door to a Victoria plum tree, and one year my dad made 60lbs of jam from the one tree. Then our neighbour died and the couple that bought his house cut the tree down to put up a garage. Bugger!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: oldkeith

Good week this week...

3 x 6 foot lengths 12mm stainless round
    3 x metre lengths 1/2 x 1/8 stainless flat
    big piece of 1 inch stainless mesh
    6 lengths rebar
    loads of pallet wood
    piece of plywood
    load of full lengths of brand new 3x2 framing timber, shame I had to cut it up to get it in the van...
    couple of 6 and 8 inch filleting type knives
    more apples
    beetroot x loads
    aluminium blocks - approx 2x1 foot, 1 inch thick
    some offcuts of that stainless mesh I made my fire guard out of
    gas barbeque with bottle half ish full of gas
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, nicklincs

A roll of a fake grass from a skip just lined the floor under my bed in the van with it ready for winter
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Fire-Tree, nicklincs

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Rick69
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Good week this week...

3 x 6 foot lengths 12mm stainless round
    3 x metre lengths 1/2 x 1/8 stainless flat
    big piece of 1 inch stainless mesh
    6 lengths rebar
    loads of pallet wood
    piece of plywood
    load of full lengths of brand new 3x2 framing timber, shame I had to cut it up to get it in the van...
    couple of 6 and 8 inch filleting type knives
    more apples
    beetroot x loads
    aluminium blocks - approx 2x1 foot, 1 inch thick
    some offcuts of that stainless mesh I made my fire guard out of
    gas barbeque with bottle half ish full of gas
    You're good at this Rick ain't ya? So, can you start looking for stuff to build a roundhouse/geo-dome please

Did think of you last week, they were chucking out a load of insulated panels that had been stood in the yard at work, but when i enquired someone else had already put their name to them...

There was a real cheap caravan on ebay for spares local though?

Ebay 122697186116

Edit - also cheap static, ebay item number 132318242571
    Last edited by Rick69; 11-09--2017 at 05:00 PM.

Heavenly Creature
    I was given a seat back DVD player by my yard neighbour. He wasn't sure if it worked as it didn't have a charger. I then had a rummage in the skip pile and found a charger for it, and IT WORKS!! I love it when a plan comes together
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, nicklincs, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature

Did think of you last week, they were chucking out a load of insulated panels that had been stood in the yard at work, but when i enquired someone else had already put their name to them...

There was a real cheap caravan on ebay for spares local though?

Ebay 122697186116

Edit - also cheap static, ebay item number 132318242571
    Thanks for the thought man, that was really good of you. Dunno about the caravan yet though, we'd prefer to stick a wee structure up instead

I pulled my back last Thursday when mowing, which resulted in getting the wee tractor stuck out in the field for a few days. All weekend I was back in the electric wheelchair. Today feeling loads better. I took the electric trike down a Country lane to feel the breeze. Just before exploring a track Ive never been down, I found a cash register and open cash tray and cash box in the hedge bottom. I did investigate and apart from receipts and plastic cards, all that was worth anything was gone. I saw a old man returning to his car (after his walk) parked across the road. I told him about the find. He said "strangely enough", last week he parked up there and was suprised to see a cardboard box in the car park. He went to move it out the way, but found it was very heavy. There was a old safe inside the cardboard box. Looks like the two finds could be linked. I phoned the police to report it. The police had to come to my wagon to get directions. Seems they find verbal directions over the phone confusing, when coming from a Yorkshire man.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Lightbringer, nicklincs, Sootyfoot

An old cine projector. Not tested it yet but it looks to be all there.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

Caravan gas heater ( old type, not room sealed and no flue! )

Samsung galaxy s3 mini. This has an external antenna port on the back and its going to have a gps tracker app installed, connected to leisure battery and hidden in van. Just need to sort out a sim which doesn't remove any unused data after a month..
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Heavenly Creature

Caravan gas heater ( old type, not room sealed and no flue! )

Samsung galaxy s3 mini. This has an external antenna port on the back and its going to have a gps tracker app installed, connected to leisure battery and hidden in van. Just need to sort out a sim which doesn't remove any unused data after a month..
    Do you all talk like that up there?
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    Do you all talk like that up there?
    No, just us skipdivers. All the rest say stuff like " i bought a new...." at which point i stop listening!

You up here now then?

Heavenly Creature
    Thursday

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    I found a cash register and open cash tray and cash box in the hedge bottom. I phoned the police to report it.

Today I got my phone bill and was charged 15p for reporting the find to the police on my mobile....WTF.. should I have used 999?
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.