THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,224 of 1225

Thread: What have you 'Wombled' today?

Heavenly Creature
    I wombled a fibre optic battery operated tree, and a mains LED tree, which I hope will be possible to convert to batteries or solar 12V
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... best cup of tea for a while too, thanks Rick
    If it'd been one of my cups of tea you wouldn't have been saying that!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Uncle jhad

Heavenly Creature
    I just wombled a fantastic engineering vice, and and Inox knife rack, complete with six hooks. The vice is very rusty, but I have doused it in WD40 and it's moving a bit now.
    I plan to use the knife rack for saucepans.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow, pastapiglet, yazz

Heavenly Creature

Here's my new wombled pan rack

And my little fibre optic tree!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Einarr, nicklincs, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow, pastapiglet, Sootyfoot

yesterday I wombled the rest of the roll of lino, and the tub of adhesive to hold it down.
    We perform the impossible every day - Miracles take a little longer.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, nicklincs, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow, pyke13, Sootyfoot

A double bed, a bookcase,3 black bags of clothes,loads of vases and kitchen crockery.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, parrotandcrow

Heavenly Creature
    Nicklinks it's a pity you're not near me. I just wombled a brand new 13.5 double duvet, still in it's packaging. It looks like the shop opened the bulk pack with a knife, and slashed the plastic wrapper. The duvet itself has a 2cm cut in it, the filling isn't even coming out of it. A couple of stitches or a bit of duct tape, good as new, and you won't even see it under a duvet cover.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, NomadicRT

Couple of African tribal masks, beautiful condition just left out on someone's front!

Last edited by Rick69; 09-10--2017 at 08:20 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Grendel, nicklincs, NomadicRT, Uncle jhad

Transcending
    A load of woodchip for round the soft fruit and to shore up a bit of path, and a load of firewood. There seems to be a new tenant on the site who's a tree surgeon because there's suddenly regular supply.

They've chipped a fig tree, it smells amazing!

Heavenly Creature
    A pair of boots. I like to be a pair ahead when it comes to boots

I collect discarded estate agents boards, I have a project for the wood and the plastic board is great insulation

Heavenly Creature
    I just wombled some more water carriers, and they had wine and cognac in them. Put the mix in some diet coke and now I'm smashed!! Literally, my teeth are numb,,
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, parrotandcrow

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    I just wombled some more water carriers, and they had wine and cognac in them. Put the mix in some diet coke and now I'm smashed!! Literally, my teeth are numb,,
    Bejesus, your a easy one to spike
    shame your not just down the road from me. I've 4 gallons of home made pear wine I would put your way.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow, Uncle jhad

Heavenly Creature
    FOUR gallons?? I would be out for a week!!

Some shrub (cant remember the name of it) in a stone pot, 3 fuschias, some other plants, some hanging baskets (empty), wall planters, galv bucket and an old stirrup pump.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, Uncle jhad

FOUR gallons?? I would be out for a week!!
    Reality is merely an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol
    The following users think this post is groovy: wandering gypsy

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Bernie
    Reality is merely an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

classic!

classic!
    It would be classic if it wasn't a bit "bitter/sweet" for me. For myself and far too many of my friends it was (looking back) the mantra on which we, as bikers, based our lives. Drink rather than petrol was out constant fuel. Every event was a piss up, Friday night, god I need a drink, Saturday night is Saturday night etc. Wake up on somebody's floor Sunday morning and drive home still pissed.

Never short of excuses. Birthdays, weddings, funerals. Always lots of funerals if you are a biker!

Then the cancers and the diabetes start to kick in, along with strokes and liver problems. Emphasema and smoking related cancers too. I have lost so many friends to drink and smoking. I'm 63 its like a game of last man standing. Most of my friends are dead or creaking gates that could drop off their hinges any time.

I'm not sure how I'm still here
    Last edited by Bernie; 16-10--2017 at 09:02 PM.

Originally Posted by Bernie
    It would be classic if it wasn't a bit "bitter/sweet" for me. For myself and far too many of my friends it was (looking back)

I'm not sure how I'm still here
    But you are and thats all that matters.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    two suitcase solar packs @ 13w each, one should run my compressor fridge fine, shop soiled and thrown out by maplins
    The following users think this post is groovy: Uncle jhad, Wulfie

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    two suitcase solar packs @ 13w each, one should run my compressor fridge fine, shop soiled and thrown out by maplins
    Giz the other one, mate, you know I love you really

GIVE? I do do not understand the word

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    GIVE? I do do not understand the word
    Fibber. Underneath that crusty exterior is a generous heart.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

shush madame, don't tell everyone
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer