Thread: Alternative Family Way of Life?

Noobie

Alternative Family Way of Life?

Hello
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For as long as I can remember, I have been unhappy with my lifestyle. I am married with two children (age 9 and 11) and I HATE this rat race that I feel stuck in. I hate that ALL our money just goes on surviving and maintaining our home (which we rent). Both myself and my husband feel this way. My eldest has just started secondary school and I feel it's now or never (before she too gets sucked into this rat race) to make our move to a different way of life. We live in one of the most affluent places in the UK and our children go to excellent schools, but it just doesn't feel 'right'. I have nothing in common with anyone around here (we are ultra running ethical vegans who care more about the planet and self-improvement rather than who's got the biggest car). I just feel so trapped and weighed down by all our bills and belongings. They only time I feel free is when I'm camping and exploring. And by camping, I don't mean 5 star sites. I like 'roughing it' places!

Any suggestions on what we can do? Any advice? Our tenancy agreement ends in February and the thought of staying on here just depresses me!!

Thank you
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobie
    I saw this yesterday!

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Hiya Jamillipede (great name!
    ) and welcome to the uk hippy community and also to the parenting forums

Are you tied to the area you live in because of jobs or would work be easily transplantable to anywhere around the UK?

The cost of living is obviously a lot cheaper the further you get away from London... and that gives you more options in terms of how you spend your time.

Maybe try and book some time to travel around the UK a bit and look at your options further out from the home counties?

This is a great place to find like minded people from all over the UK and there are threads around about where is a good place to live in the UK and further afield

Goodluck with your journey

Sarah xxx
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

Hi, I am also now based In berks but happy I bricks for a while, if you want to meet up I am near reading and Basingstoke.