THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: How long have you been single

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by hagrid
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I wish I was.
    Easy Peasy bro...

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69

lone wolf survivalist.
    done that twice dunno if I want to make it 3 times in a row, nothing wrong i'm just bored.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

done that twice dunno if I want to make it 3 times in a row, nothing wrong i'm just bored.
    Know that feeling

Heavenly Creature
    If it's got to the "no blow-jobs" phase Haggers, bin her
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by maddy harper
    I have been single since 2014
    Is that through choice?

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    i,m only in my sixties, far too young to settle down
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Cobra, Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

My whole life (I'm 18
    )
    The following users think this post is groovy: schatje, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by 1968
    My whole life (I'm 18
    )
    Now I feel old
    got boots older than that..........
    Not all who wander are lost
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    Now I feel old
    got boots older than that..........
    I've got 3 x homemade clothes pegs older than my partner & they still work and get used often.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

You know what I've observed and discovered Hagrid?That life itself is'nt one rollercoaster of excitement,fun and good times.Life is life.Sometimes its exciting,sometimes boring,and everything in between.No one has a life that is endlessly thrilling and exciting.I belong to a migration forum for brits moving to Oz.Quite often,someone who had moved to Oz would post that they had returned to the UK for a holiday and guess what?It was the same old same old,family and friends still doing exactly the "same old thing"!My reply would be something like "Oh thats funny,cause when I return to Oz,my family and friends are doing the same old thing too?lol Thats life though is'nt it?It may seem that each day is the same,but is it really exactly the same?No!
    I think my husband and I have a good balance.We travel,go out socially etc,work,but the times where it seems we're doing nothing,we are doing something.Its called living!

Have you asked your wife if she's bored?Do you go out much together?Hobbies shared or?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle

lone wolf survivalist.
    i'm just bored with modern life, that is all.

Turning On
    How long ? I cant remember, thats probably a bad sign.

Dont mean ive not had any fumble or liason in that time, but few and far between ...

Its not that it isnt a fun and noble pursuit, there are just so many other goals and motivations in life...

I've always struggled with the lifestyle issues ( Sorry, hitchikers ref ).

I dont think anyone ive dated ever wanted to live off grid , or enter semi retirement, reduce their lifestyle.
    Most people want more stuff, not less !

Yeh dont get many opportunities as you get older too ? Ok compatible opportunities

Some people just want to be with someone, id rather be with someone I liked more than a little ...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Sootyfoot

Like, how old is the universe, 13,7 billion years? That's how long I've been single. But that was then, now is now. Now I'm not really single I'd say.
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

Why does it matter how long youre single ? is it an achievement ? are there medals ? or is it a sign of hopelessness ? Of course its not its just the way things are...how long youve been single is irrelevant.Its whether youre happy single that matters and youre if not then you need to look at ways of changing that situation (either by chsnging your status or by the way you deal with being single) not measuring it against the circumstsnces of others.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 22-03--2017 at 10:29 AM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Mikefc61, Sootyfoot