THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone.

i used to be a binge drinker, getting drunk every friday/sat, then "discovered smoke in my mid 20's. i found i was a better person on it than drunk. smoked only for a decade before giving it the boot. had 3 pints last xmas + 2 nips and floated home! that was the first time in years. i have to confess that i started toking again a few years back, but very infrequent . xmas/birthdays tends to be it these days. though i hate the stuff they refer to as "High grade", i dont enjoy the effect it has and only get the milder old school stuff, age and restraint comes to us all. didnt bother at my birthday, so nearly a year since the last gram bought/smoked. still room for improvement in this ageing hippy i think!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio

Hello!

Never smoked, never done drugs, and don't get drunk!

Live and let live I say. Each to their own kind of thing. If I don't like the people around me, I move away. Handy that being as I live in my van!!

I've nothing against people who smoke weed, I just don't do it myself. But I'll happily chat to people who do assuming they're nice lol.

As for smoking in general, never done it.

My biggest issue is people who are glued to their mobile phones. You know, the ones who can't look up, let alone put the damn thing away. I have a rare condition, EHS (Electro Hypersensitivity), and cannot be around mobile phones/wifi etc. If we eat out, we have to sit outside away from people. Generally with the smokers, ironically! I used to be that person, the one who was glued to a phone. Now I don't own one and I can honestly say I see life now. I have a land line (in my van via satellite) and wired internet.

Happy days.
    Self built van conversion - Blogging around Europe... www.BeyondTheVan.com
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, nicklincs

When I stand on a cold dark night and look up at the stars through the branches of a tree, or bathe in the light of the moon on a hot summer night, that's all I need. Many people try and fill their voids with drugs and alcohol ( I speak from experience) but find it wanting. Finding likeminded friends is so hard and sometimes being different is a very lonley place. Take care my friend xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Arctist, BeyondTheVan, Cobra, Ecobob, FriedOnion, Languid Virago, Lightbringer, nicklincs, quintessence

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by BeyondTheVan
    My biggest issue is people who are glued to their mobile phones. You know, the ones who can't look up, let alone put the damn thing away.
    Again, live & let live etc. However those kinds of people aren't a lot of fun to be in company with. It's a shame they can't see how rude they are being. I've seen people in restaurants where one looks bored & the other is on their phone. Why do people put up with that?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Daisysmum, Lightbringer, nicklincs

Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    I've seen people in restaurants where one looks bored & the other is on their phone. Why do people put up with that?
    Sadly that is becoming very common now. It's just plain rude in my opinion. But as you say, those kind of people aren't much fun to be in the company of anyway.
    Self built van conversion - Blogging around Europe... www.BeyondTheVan.com

thats it the next time i see someone playing with there phone im punching them

RIGHT IN THE FACE
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar
    Pantheist...ever the diplomat.

Hope they don't ram their precious phone....well you know what they say about violence and what it begets.

Good luck with your plan though.
    The following users think this post is groovy: BeyondTheVan

I have to admit, while i wouldn't hit anyone, ever, I do have a habit of intentionally standing in the way of someone who is walking along absorbed in their phone and not paying attention to the world around them. i do the same on zebra crossings when it looks like a car is going too fast, i cross the road just to get in their way and slow them down in urban populated areas.

my phone hasn't been used in 18 months

as to being alone about not caring about drink and drugs.

I have had a cup of mushroom tea, badly made by a commitee of stoned people, it gave me stomach cramps. I also had one puff on a joint but didn't hold it in, I wondered what it tasted like.

I don't do drugs or care about them either positively or negatively. I haven't been drunk in 15 years. I have no desire to talk about either.

last year the local stone macon had a music and stone carving festival, loads of nomads hippies and every alternative type around, I found I had nothing in common with most of them, and the music was all wierd arse techno and rap crap which i hated.

I guess I am a hippy from a community of 1.
    The following users think this post is groovy: BeyondTheVan, blue-moves, Daisysmum, Lightbringer, nomadicsquid, Oromis, PDCambs

I THINK THE MESSAGE WE CANM ALL LEARN HEAR IS

SAY NO TOO DRUGS

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Percy was heavily addicted to drugs, often smoking up to 3 marijuanas per week. But when Percy was incarcerated for stealing a child's lunch money to get his fix, a miracle occurred...
    Percy was sat alone in his cell one morning, when Lord Jesus came inside him with an almighty thrust. Percy began to pray, begging the Lord to come deeper inside him, until God had cured him of his sinful addiction to Satan's Spinach !
    Percy saw the light of God, and repented unto Him. Rejoice !! Now a born-again Christian, Percy has dedicated his life to The LORD. He now spends his time teaching blind children to read, instead of sniffing the weeds ! Fab! smile emoticon
    If you are plagued by an addiction to reefers, simply let Jesus Christ enter you. Just like Percy, your sins will be washed away!

NOT EVEN ONECE
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer

My weed of choice.

I'm with you on the drugs & drink & especially the techno crap LV.

I had to smile when you spelt mason the French way.

Originally Posted by Languid Virago
    My weed of choice.
    What is it?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    I'm with you on the drugs & drink & especially the techno crap LV.

I had to smile when you spelt mason the French way.

What is it?
    Coffee.

Maon is the correct french spelling. too lazy to use the extra sqiggls, dshs nd stff.
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion

I could never get my head around the squiggles.

Originally Posted by Daisysmum
    Pantheist...ever the diplomat.

Hope they don't ram their precious phone....well you know what they say about violence and what it begets.

Good luck with your plan though.
    Might do him good to have it rammed up his Harris!!!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: BeyondTheVan, FriedOnion, Paul

Originally Posted by dollybassett
    Might do him good to have it rammed up his Harris!!!!
    Who you callin harris buddy
    The following users think this post is groovy: wandering gypsy

Turning On
    I blaze and drink which to many might sound bad but its the same as anything it depends how far you take it...all in moderation!
    The following users think this post is groovy: OffGridDreams

Heavenly Creature
    Drinking/smoking/drugs all seem like a huge waste of money to me.

I do like real ale and proper cider but that is it. Haven't smoked a joint in 25 years and even back then it was very infrequent and I never really enjoyed the feeling and it spoiled my real ale experience.

Never like wine and I don't see the point of spirits

I used to smoke heavily in my day but I gave that up 20 years ago

paul
    PⒶUL

To the OP.....

Nature is magnificent and deserves all out respect .....

It's not happening though......drink and drugs are a way for meandering through a nation that denies, at the very least,the right to roam and freedom to use all waterways as a right of way.

Dictators sour ones enjoyment of nature.....

Substance abuse is a NATURAL reaction.
    The following users think this post is groovy: blue-moves

Originally Posted by zendaze
    To the OP.....

Nature is magnificent and deserves all out respect .....

It's not happening though......drink and drugs are a way for meandering through a nation that denies, at the very least,the right to roam and freedom to use all waterways as a right of way.

Dictators sour ones enjoyment of nature.....

Substance abuse is a NATURAL reaction.
    What Tosh. So if man made some waterways and maintained them (similar to our motorway network) do you claim a given right to travel along them without cause to contribute. It's easy to simplify your argument if we can put Natural infront of it. But show me a Natural river on the same course of yesteryear, without input from industrial, residential funding and I think you will find you have more freedom, chance to roam, whether you have the right or not.
    Substance abuse is more about > because we like it ~ it rewards our brain with chemical signals, than a natural reaction to our despair of Nature and our freedom to enjoy it.

lone wolf survivalist.

Originally Posted by InventiveTIm
    I feel like an alien on this planet. Or am I alone .
    I always felt "different"-not quite human-not like everyone else, I still do!

You are not alone!😁 I don't drink or smoke anymore either. I'm on a journey like yourself to meet other interesting, like minded, free spirited people to rebuild my life and friend base. Have a great day ✌
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra