THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Am I alone.

Annoyingly Positive Editor DaisyDreamer's Avatar
    Nope, you're not alone. I don't do drugs and only drink occasionally
    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too - Voltaire

I don't smoke but once a week I treat myself to a few glasses of chilled prosecco.
    I love my tea & coffee. Tea in the mornings by the gallon & a coffee in the afternoon.
    Bread is my weakness 😆 warm crusty bread with a bit of cheddar cheese & a dollop of pickle on the side.

Roamer - now that sounds delicious. Warm crusty bread with cheddar and pickle nom nom nom 😍👍
    The following users think this post is groovy: Roamer

Not Quite a Noobie
    you are not alone buddy - in fact you sound like the sort of person I'd much rather converse with than any number of stoners and drunks!
    Like a lot of people on here seemingly, I also never felt like I'm from this planet.. never fitted in to what everyone else seemed to be fascinated by (all seemed rather immature and ignorant to me..). Last year I became homeless and the weird thing is that I don't really feel any different than I did before!
    Looking forward now to getting a live-in van and getting out and about to meet other hippies on the fringes!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

I used to smoke (cigs)and drink a fair bit in my younger days.Smoked weed a couple of times years ago,but luckily did'nt enjoy it.I remember being so stoned I literally could'nt move!
    Around 30 yrs ago,I discovered yoga and meditation.So they are my natural "highs"! My husband likes a social drink,and I might have the odd glass of whatever,but quite often will opt for a soft drink when out.I dont need to drink to have a good time!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I can't remember the last time I actually saw the new year in,as I'll hit the sack around 10.30pm.I like to start each new years day feeling refreshed and alive,not hungover and ill!
    Someone mentioned mobiles.They're my pet hate atm.When you dont own one,you become alot more aware of other people using theirs!lol We have a canteen at work,and as soon as its break time,out come the mobiles,people hurriedly checking their messages etc.Hardly anyone speaks to eachother which is a real shame.Same when you go out.I've lost count how many people in restaurants,usually a couple,sat there,not talking to eachother,both on their mobiles???Its nice talking to someone who actually gives you their full attention!
    The thing is with drink and drugs,is they take you away from reality.You only live once,so you'd just as well face it full on,the good the bad and the ugly!

I don't need alcohol or drugs because I am silly enough as it is.
    We all lead different lives.

Not a big drinking and gave up smoking 5 years ago, don't want to start again either.

The trouble is, you think you have time.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Cobra
    ...out come the mobiles,people hurriedly checking their messages etc.Hardly anyone speaks to eachother which is a real shame.Same when you go out.I've lost count how many people in restaurants,usually a couple,sat there,not talking to eachother,both on their mobiles???Its nice talking to someone who actually gives you their full attention!
    I felt the same about the telly. The day it was delivered (1963?), conversation escaped through the back door. I don't do TV but am guilty as charged on the "mobiles" rap. The thing is, it isn't just a device, it is a universe of knowledge, entertainment and interaction with people who you would never otherwise meet. That's my plea for mitigation, if you like.

Not Quite a Noobie
    You're not alone.

I'm a psychonaut, I feel the physical world can't teach me much more, so I'm going to the "spiritual" world or whatever you wanna call it in the pursuit of more meaningful knowledge and understanding.
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    I hate people who take drugs, like the police, customs etc
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Uncle jhad, wobblyjim, yazz, Zambaku

No you are not alone, Myself and my wife have never taken drugs.. and never intent do.
    We do have the occasional drink though (My home brew).
    Both of us feel most at home in nature.. It let's us breath and think nice thoughts