Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth Evidence

Hmmm, well ..... I bet a lot of us might have friends we didn't know were in the iliminati .... after all, that's the nature of secret societies innit?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar
    Us illuminati that have infiltrated UKH....we would be the Lizard people too...
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heavenly Creature
    I'm sorry to raise such a simple question in such distinguished company, but what keeps the water from rolling off the edge of a flat world?
    Now a saucer-like world, that might be more worth looking at....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum, Firestarter, julianthegypsy

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by oldkeith
    I'm sorry to raise such a simple question in such distinguished company, but what keeps the water from rolling off the edge of a flat world?
    The Ice Wall of course

The following users think this post is groovy: greenvanman, julianthegypsy, Reiver, wurzel

Heavenly Creature
    Excellent!
    It looks a bit thin at the bottom though, I do hope it's not melting with global warming...

Surely that's flat-al warming? ... but I get where you're coming from ... and it's encouraging to see someone taking this thread seriously!
    Last edited by PDCambs; 29-11--2015 at 04:17 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion, julianthegypsy

The water is infinite it runs of into space...

Didn't the discword tell you anything!

The following users think this post is groovy: JonAlba, julianthegypsy

Love the discworld. As for a flat earth then I have to dispute and freely admit that I too have travelled to the other side of the world and no I don't mean Fourecks. In fact I have been there three times and was definitly up the jungle at some point in my excursion. Of course I may have been subject to a fold in space but it was relatively hot!

Transcending

Er wot?? Looks round 2 me. If it wer a disc I wud hav 2 b on edge an all the water wud fall off.

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    You're not getting it though - according to flat earth theory, that image is a photoshop composite made by NASA to keep the truth from us.

Sheeple

The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum, julianthegypsy, r3ubs

Transcending
    Oooooo kaaaaay! Ahm oot....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum, julianthegypsy

Ummm.... I don't known if I've missed something, but can somebody please explain the point of this 'massive lie' we are being told?
    "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindess."
    The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum

So is the disk spinning or stationery and is the moon a disk or a ball. And what about the other planets. And the sun. Is that a disk?

Paul
    PⒶUL

Ah - ah... the disc is spinning but slowly so we dont get flung to the edges, think gyroscopes; it needs to spin to maintain some form of level footing again think gyroscopes, but slowly is OK due to its size. The moon is of course a ball and it is made of cheese. The other planets...hmm depends how bored I am what sort of whacky explanation you would like me to make up - revision is getting me down. Oh the sun is definitely a disc, assuredly.
    Except they aren't.
    Does that help.

The following users think this post is groovy: aman, PDCambs

Heavenly Creature
    Does all this mean that the Moon is not a ball-shaped derelict hollow starship, covered in dust and craters on its surface, and planted there in orbit quite some time ago when the vast experiment that has - so far - ended up with us, first began?
    Gee....

Well moons are definitely globe shaped and hollow and they also have deep caves covered by saucepan lids.
    I know this for sure because I saw it on the clangers.

And besides they didn't have photoshop when they made the clangers.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: BLOSSOM23, greenvanman, julianthegypsy, r3ubs

The soup dragon must have been one of the illuminati.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Daisysmum

Originally Posted by oldkeith
    Does all this mean that the Moon is not a ball-shaped derelict hollow starship, covered in dust and craters on its surface, and planted there in orbit quite some time ago when the vast experiment that has - so far - ended up with us, first began?
    Gee....
    ....made of cheese. They can make lots of things out of cheese these days triangles, strings, slices. Remember the dairy glut? Do you think they really persuaded everyone to eat ALL of it. There are actually 2 moons, you just can't see the old one for all the CHEESE. we gave the other one to the clangers and the soup dragon for being so instrumental in our plans with the cheese moon and agreeing to more TV shows.

Originally Posted by Oromis
    I see no evidence - as yet - but the sea by my eyeballs - curves around me while I stand here on the beach near the Lindifsarne. I trust what I see.
    i too see the sea curving from the beach+ i can see lindisfarne from my bedroom window! waves at Oromis

Originally Posted by Oromis
    Waves back from St Mary's where we can stop for a coffee in the colder season. Cannot get a parking spot in high season which must be from all those Norwegians coming into Toon for some Kultur.

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar

Originally Posted by aman
    So is the disk spinning or stationery and is the moon a disk or a ball. And what about the other planets. And the sun. Is that a disk?

Paul
    They are different sized buttons. I thought everyone knew that!
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...
    The following users think this post is groovy: beachcomber, Daisysmum

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar
    Oh, and where did this "you can see 150 miles" come from? As far as I know, you can see sixteen miles at see level before you hit the horizon. Go up in an aeroplane, travel in any direction and the horizon will be curved. Go round in a circle while looking out of the side and it will still be curved all the way round. I'd love to hear how that makes Earth anything but round. Actually I wouldn't, if I bang my head on the wall any more I'll get brain damaged...and start thinking the Earth is flat...
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Firestarter, greenvanman

Turning On
    Space engineer here. Can confirm, Earth is an oblate spheroid, as is OP's head.