THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Flat Earth Evidence

Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Rick69
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Be careful if selling such guides though. I ran into trouble a few years ago when i sold some braille maps of the sahara desert region on ebay. Many disgruntled buyers complained that the sheet of sandpaper i sent them was not accurate enough.
    thats nothing , i got commisioned to do some 'do not touch' signs .
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy, parrotandcrow

Transcending
    Sex
    Male
    I have to look at the commercial prospects of my projects. My large print "Birdspotters Companion" sold poorly and the braille "Coastal Paths of Wales" got me into hot water ( and several readers into cold water ).

Tuning In
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Well, the HGVs have air in the tyres, so they must be lighter than air because they roll on top of them. The tyres roll on top of the Earth though, because it's very heavy. If the HGVs were heavy the Earth would roll on them.

It's a complicated subject, one day all will become clear for you, my personal epiphany was when researching my booklet "Edible Mushrooms".

(PS/ Next in the series: "Dentistry for the DIY Enthusiast" - save a fortune for your friends and family using common DIY tools and materials.)
    Well bugger me, you learn something everyday, so everything on earth with wheels when in motion is what makes the planet spin, so thats what night time is for, when the wheels need a rest, so the wheels in the half of the world in daylight takes over to keep the planet spinning. so when I'm driving, Its helping make the world turn. If every wheel on the planet went stationary, i can only presume the planet would plummet out of orbit, its the hamster on a wheel principle, i'm gonna be up there with Eintstein for this one.

lone wolf survivalist.
    Sex
    Male
    I always said there are some strange people about these days.
    " Does not suffer fools gladly!"

Noobie
    Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by julianthegypsy
    So what if I'm in an aeroplane, and travel straight south over antartica? Do I get to see the elephants?
    You can't fly over antarctica.. apparantly due to the weather. If we were truly on a globe we should be able to, as You can fly over the North Pole... And the weather should be the same, at opposite times of year.

Transcending
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by CherryViolet
    And the weather should be the same, at opposite times of year.
    Yes, that's how it works, that is why our weather is so similar to , err, French Polynesia.