THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Flat Earth Evidence

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Transcending
    Journeys of the mind can be fun though, because we don't really know for sure that we exist as we think we do. It's not just the nutcases who suggest there may be more than one universe, and our best scientists admit they can't find a lot of our own universe.

There's a lot more out there than we understand, that's for sure.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dustydave

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar
    Sure. Somewhere there's a place where you can be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, in the shade. In other news, the world is round. I've been round it, in several directions. It was definitely round. Like an orange, not like a button. And there were no turtles or elephants, except where you'd expect them to be, in the sea and in the jungle. Not holding up the Earth. Disappointing I know, but on the plus side, you've now got octopus's garden stuck in your head, and it serves you right!
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...

Heavenly Creature
    In response:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Ha! Watermelons are also round! (Not round and flat like a pancake)

Originally Posted by julianthegypsy
    Ha! Watermelons are also round! (Not round and flat like a pancake)

Brilliant album. I was at school when that came out! I remember copying it on my mates tape to tape recorder, then playing it until incessantly. Even my dad who liked simon and garfunkel must have been sick of hearing it..
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

I pulled it up on youtube to get that song, now I'm listening to the rest of it. We had it on vinyl when it first came out and played it so much we thought we'd end up hearing the other side backwards. Still brilliant after all these years....which reminds me:

That's me really...

And whatever you may think, this is not off topic! It makes perfect sense in a parallel universe where the earth is flat. In any case, going off topic is the only sensible way to deal with threads like these!

Heavenly Creature

How this guy keeps a straight face, such a professional

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, julianthegypsy

Originally Posted by julianthegypsy
    Sure. Somewhere there's a place where you can be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, in the shade. In other news, the world is round. I've been round it, in several directions. It was definitely round. Like an orange, not like a button. And there were no turtles or elephants, except where you'd expect them to be, in the sea and in the jungle. Not holding up the Earth. Disappointing I know, but on the plus side, you've now got octopus's garden stuck in your head, and it serves you right!

Originally Posted by cricket

You see? He's looking for turtles!

Turning On

Originally Posted by aman
    I have used satellites to bounce signals over the none existent horizon

Paul
    Me too - earth t'is spherical I say, damnit!