THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I like to draw

Thanks so much for the great comments. I have often thought about inking people but im not confident enough i dont think
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    i am keen to try it out but not yet ive only picked up a pencil a few years ago
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    thanks again everyone for the lovely comments. It spurs me on

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar

Originally Posted by curly-spirit
    Hi burrlieve , your drawings are very pleasing to the eye!
    I used to be a good drawer and it was what I studied at college . though I have lost the nack for it after working long shifts for years and not having alot of time .
    You have inspired me to get back into it as i agree it is very theraputic!
    Make sure you start a thread with pictures...we love pictures on this forum - and welcome x
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

Awesome work. You should get yourself a cheap tattoo kit and start practicing on butternut squashes etc.
    The following users think this post is groovy: burrlieve

If you are going to get a machine to practice: Don't buy cheap. If the parts aren't set or weighted appropriately, its really hard to get a good solid line, no matter how good you actually are. The parts are harder to adjust, and usually wear out quickly too.

Practice on pig skin ideally, you can get it from butchers really cheap, or if you're vegetarian, oranges/ bananas. If you hit the actual fruit, you're going way too deep.

Don't practice on yourself or anybody else until you have an actual apprenticeship. 1:its super illegal, 2: Hepititis can live on surfaces for 8years, so cross contamination is highly likely if tattooing at home. 3: You are legally liable if something goes wrong, unless tattooing in a registered premises with disclaimer forms. 4. If you happen to tattoo anybody underage you get put straight on the sex offenders register.

Just a little heads up, in case you wanted to give tattooing a go x
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature
    I love the graphic designs!

Originally Posted by whitepoppy
    I'm so unadult the bank took my debit card lol. Apparently I owed them 78p, and when I refused to pay 30 charge for going overdrawn unofficially, they closed my account lol. So I may try a disposable one. Id never heard of those before, thankyou x
    Have a google for CashPlus. They were one of the first prepay credit cards. You don't have to pay load them, and if you change the card charges to 1 per transaction, the money you put on it doesn't disappear in fees. Good for emergencies or occasional use.
    Sorry for the slight hijack.

Have a google for CashPlus. They were one of the first prepay credit cards. You don't have to pay load them, and if you change the card charges to 1 per transaction, the money you put on it doesn't disappear in fees. Good for emergencies or occasional use.
    Sorry for the slight hijack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks hun, will do 😊 x

I like to boogie, sorry couldnt resist

Posted via the UKHIPPY Tapatalk Mobile App
    The following users think this post is groovy: blackvelvetydog, Danann, ThreeMoons

Wo
    Cool And I Was Just Looking At All Your Beautiful Art And They Are All Sooo Beautiful Truly They Are
    )
    Form From The Void & Mists

Thanks guys . It means alot to me that other people appreciate it and like it... kinda gives me more passion to keep going .. your all so lovely .. thank you .

The following users think this post is groovy: Chillicamper, Fire-Tree

The following users think this post is groovy: Chillicamper

You can also practice tattooing on foam/neoprene sheets.
    The cheap tattoo machines these days are actually good. A fake copy of a decent machine from china is very similar to the original.

Turning On
    I'm always so jealous of the precision and beauty created by others ... though I recognise my talents lie elsewhere. But to put pen to paper and create something so lovely. Thank you for sharing!!

Originally Posted by UniMuse
    I'm always so jealous of the precision and beauty created by others ... though I recognise my talents lie elsewhere. But to put pen to paper and create something so lovely. Thank you for sharing!!
    Thank you for your kind words

Turning On
    You're welcome burrlieve!

Hi, these are so good and very similar to designs I've been trying to do for a tattoo myself...sacred geometry in mandalas! I'm looking at hand poked tattoos as they feel more in tune with me; pared back to basics. I think you'd love the work of Boff Konkers and Ferank Manseed, well worth a look!

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Lightbringer

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Lightbringer

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    Wow, they're amazing! Do you sell them?
    The following users think this post is groovy: burrlieve, Fire-Tree

I don't no. But this last one is getting made into some prints. As it's hand drawn and but digitally layered. I'm having it vectored and rehashed into a 3d styled version which will also be printed. Would u like one ?

No monies required. I won't give them to everyone free mind. Never thought about selling em just trying to get better at it . Really feeling like I've made some progression considering I only started drawing about two years ago.

The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Fire-Tree

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer