THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, whos read it?

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, whos read it?

Just wondering whos read this, and what you thought?

My favourite book by him is Veronica decides to die but i enjoyed the alchemist too. Is worth reading
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And how did you find the message in the book alchemist? I'm half way through and so far so good.

I liked it (think it was an audiobook). I got some good quotes from it!

How do you find the audio books? I think i saw it on amazon as an audio book. I like it though its a cool theme how hes wrote it, like middle eastern sort of setting, camels, deserts and so on. Maybe an audio book would be somthing good to try next, i got some stuff on my phone, but thats just positive speeches i play in the morning, its like part of my breakfast now
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not Quite a Noobie
    I liked it, hits the soul about finding your passion, purpose etc

Originally Posted by darrrren
    How do you find the audio books? I think i saw it on amazon as an audio book. I like it though its a cool theme how hes wrote it, like middle eastern sort of setting, camels, deserts and so on. Maybe an audio book would be somthing good to try next, i got some stuff on my phone, but thats just positive speeches i play in the morning, its like part of my breakfast now
    Positive speeches??

I love audiobooks. It's lovely having someone read to you and, someone who can bring a story to life! I get mine from audible.com for 8 a month (one book a month). I read too, so this suits me.

Noobie
    I've read it and found it quite good for getting me inspired

I loved this book! I picked it up from a communal book shelf in a youth hostel one afternoon. Thought I'd spend a couple of nights on it but instead just spent the whole afternoon consumed in it. I'm actually going to reread it because of this thread; I enjoyed it that much. What did you think of it once you'd finished it, darrrren? I need to refresh my memories of the best parts then I'll come back to the thread!

Free-spirited mammy nataliejay26's Avatar
    I read it a while back and really enjoyed it, I have liked every book I've read of his. X

A really positive book about the human spirit and shaping your own destiny.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    I've read it a fair while back. I think that I need to reread it.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.