Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Minimalism

Heavenly Creature
    Once kept a V-twin engine under the bed, but it was in the spare room so it probably doesn't count.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Once kept a V-twin engine under the bed, but it was in the spare room so it probably doesn't count.
    But was it a JAP, japanese or Harley
    Not all who wander are lost

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    I had a TR1 Yamaha engine and front forks, a BSA Bantam, a Virago 535 in bits and a few c90 engines up there. Those were the days when I had the strength to get that crap up there....most of them are probably still there as after me n the wife split up the house was repossessed....

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Heavenly Creature

Raleigh

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    Raleigh
    One of these?

Raleigh, classy and rare. Just love vees, not the jap shit but proper vees, always yearned for a Vinnie. Had a JAP sv many moons ago for a moggie I was building but swopped it for a Velo. Just singles and a hog now.

Heavenly Creature

Raleigh, classy and rare. Just love vees, not the jap shit but proper vees, always yearned for a Vinnie. Had a JAP sv many moons ago for a moggie I was building but swopped it for a Velo. Just singles and a hog now.
    I'm no good with bikes, though I do like them. Raleigh was something that just came my way and I passed it on.

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    got a 1340 harley chop, my other three bikes got to go, there just not being used and i,m paying for storage for them

Transcending

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    I had a TR1 Yamaha
    I thought I was the only one to own one ;-)

I loved that TR1 at the time, I liked it because it looked a bit like my 250LC. To this day it's the only bike I have been able to regularly leave black lines out of corners with, although that was more to do with the skinny tyres than the torque.

I still have a V twin, an Aprilia Mille, which is in a different league.

Tweaked 1200 Roadster ratbike, Velo and a few others, hopefully part of my clearout to keep the hog on the road.

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    I thought I was the only one to own one ;-)

I still have a V twin, an Aprilia Mille, which is in a different league.
    Damn fine engine the TR1. Used a lot as a drag bike engine as pretty bullet proof. Carbs a real sodding nightmare to work on though...but not as bad as some like the Honda Magna V4. They gave me nightmares!!!

Aprillia very nice bike...a little delicate though...hope you replaced all your fasteners with stainless ones..

Transcending

hope you replaced all your fasteners with stainless ones..
    Not all of them, spent a while with self-amalgamating tape and Vaseline making the electrics suitable for use in UK climate though.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

One of these?
    NICE
    "The best way to get something done , is to begin "

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Not all of them, spent a while with self-amalgamating tape and Vaseline making the electrics suitable for use in UK climate though.
    Yeah. Italian Electrics are dismal. Had a Guzzi California that used to refuse to run if it was wet, apparently CALIFORNIA was probably the only suitable place for the linked brake useless piece of crap. Never hated a bike so much as I hated that one...wait..there was an MZ Trophy once....did I just mention that?

loved my cali 3 would love another

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    loved my cali 3 would love another
    Don't get me wrong Harry, handling, awesome, torque, lots, comfort...mmmmmmm
    Brakes...????? Electrics??? And the fasteners rottted if they even saw salt... wasn't a bad buy though...450 with 9000 miles on it. It had stood unused in a storage unit for 15 years and I bought it at a blind auction, sealed bid, listed as...Motorcycle, Italian, twin cylinder, offers

brembo brakes, stainless fasteners and jap electrics, job was a good 'un

brembo brakes, stainless fasteners and jap electrics, job was a good 'un
    I ran it a year then sold on...made a 'bag' on it so I ain't complaining!

sold mine to get a sportster, bad mistake

sold mine to get a sportster, bad mistake
    I had two big Guzzis, a stock 850T3 minus the silly fairing; and a customised one, with Cali foot boards, a (modern) Triumph single seat, mild apes, and straight through pipes... Used to blatt through the City of London of an evening, and loved the sound resonating off the buildings!!!

Had a lovely little V50 too.. totally different machine to ride... all revs! Had the nasty factory 750 custom for a while too.... utterly hateful!

Wish I'd kept the big ones!

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    I had the V50. I loved it dearly and after it was stolen and destroyed, I never bought another bike; though I rode my Beloved's bikes for a couple of years.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Turning On
    Never understood bike engines but like the look of them,thats why I built a car engined trike!