THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Dating sites and peoples experiences

Not Quite a Noobie
    I'm just starting with POF and its going ok. Been chatting to a woman for a month now, met once, really good. I'm naturally someone who gets a bit intense a bit quickly, so its been really good to read posts from women on here, saying how important it is to take things slowly. This is clearly my new friends' preference, so reading this thread has helped me.

Thanks, lovely people.

Tuning In
    i done pof not long back, didnt last long for me, I come across very little in common, its completey rammed full of fake tans, unusual looking plastic surgeried females with fake eyebrows the half the width of the M25 and doing that god awful selfie pouting thing with a stupid add on picture of some sort of yellow/orange flower arrangement or butterflies round their head, or pics of people dolled up that I was convinced were blokes, cant help saying I saw some horror stories in pictures, and the intro's and the level of grammer, well, just bizarre, and what pof thought was a match for moi on that particular page, fookin ell,
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, Cobra, Colin M, cricket, Ecobob, Miss_bee, Sootyfoot

Tuning In
    when I deleted my profile after two weeks, I thought I was going to be scarred for life ha. the modern magazine fashion looks men and women are adopting are proper scary. some of em dont even look human, they look like a 3 dimensional computorised idea of what a human looks like, well to me anyway. ah yes thats it, been trying to remembe rit form eons ago, who remembers max headroom lol.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, cricket, Miss_bee, parrotandcrow, Sootyfoot

Not Quite a Noobie
    Had lots of dates via POF. Mostly interesting genuine women - perhaps I'm just a good picker! Or just lucky. Met my GF initially via POF but only had one date. Then met by chance and been together 9 months. She is a wonderful human being which proves that POF does have some decent humans there. Like everything else, it's a case of sorting out who's decent and who's a loon.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Yes I am 100% in favour of POF. Many of the ladies on there (at my age) are far too open and give away far too much detail about themselves but they are so genuine and honest its actually worrying.

Then again I am bombarded by Russian women half my age looking for a mug. I am sure there are Russian (etc) men preying vunerable women in the same way.

lone wolf survivalist.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Bernie
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Trouble is a lot of them are widows which is scary!
    why so? nothing beats a bit of experience! the young(of every generation) all think they invented sex but really they know nothing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Trouble is a lot of them are widows which is scary!

Originally Posted by hagrid
    why so? nothing beats a bit of experience! the young(of every generation) all think they invented sex but really they know nothing.
    Depends if they're serial widows

Last edited by Chazz; 08-04--2017 at 07:44 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket

A guy in work has just met a woman from a dating site, just gone down to Devon this weekend to meet her parents, she has been married 5 times already and he reckons she will move in with him soon.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by wurzel
    A guy in work has just met a woman from a dating site, just gone down to Devon this weekend to meet her parents, she has been married 5 times already and he reckons she will move in with him soon.
    He needs to empty his bank account before she does
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, wurzel

Is it about the nationality and Putins plan to infiltrate our society and bloodlines with Russian blood and allegiance?Trump has got a Putins relative wife.Anyhow on the dark side
    you can get up to 15k to do a marriage to give nationality to someone.Never can tell,do a "job" for 15k ,eventually fall in love in reality....or keep divorcing after 1 and half years and do it all again.Even dreadful persons in various ways are worth a buck hey?

Yes I am 100% in favour of POF. Many of the ladies on there (at my age) are far too open and give away far too much detail about themselves but they are so genuine and honest its actually worrying.

Then again I am bombarded by Russian women half my age looking for a mug. I am sure there are Russian (etc) men preying vunerable women in the same way.
    The following users think this post is groovy: wurzel

Its not me BTW lol

What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, wurzel

lone wolf survivalist.
    5 times? that's a bit greedy if you ask me.

Originally Posted by hagrid
    Hark at this one
    Mr know all.

Originally Posted by cricket
    Is it about the nationality and Putins plan to infiltrate our society and bloodlines with Russian blood and allegiance?Trump has got a Putins relative wife.Anyhow on the dark side
    you can get up to 15k to do a marriage to give nationality to someone.Never can tell,do a "job" for 15k ,eventually fall in love in reality....or keep divorcing after 1 and half years and do it all again.Even dreadful persons in various ways are worth a buck hey?
    How much? That's peanuts for a crime
    nobody in their right mind would even consider it!

People on dating sites do not feel the need to share information about themselves that they feel would put people off. That's understandable but it does make you realise how little you actually know about them and how much they could potentially be hiding.

I guess that's true about anyone you meet, wherever and however?
    I suppose its easier maybe to buy into someone's (possibly false) portrayal of themselves online?

Not all hidden information is hidden to lie or cheat .. sometimes its easier to get to know someone first before you spill your spleen to them.. lets face it... you dont get older without having some history and perhaps even making mistakes..
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, yazz

Originally Posted by Chained Thistle
    Not all hidden information is hidden to lie or cheat .. sometimes its easier to get to know someone first before you spill your spleen to them.. lets face it... you dont get older without having some history and perhaps even making mistakes..
    I agree but having multiple convictions for domestic violence, having served a sentence for credit card fraud and having CCJs for debt? A massive gambling problem and a paternity charge for a daughter he did not acknowledge?

This is the 'nice guy' my stepdaughter brought home and spent Christmas and the new year with us last year before "borrowing" 400 off her and disappearing.

Ouch! That's awful.. do you think dating sites should vet people? Would it even be possible?

That is obviously the bad end of the scale .. I usually google someone once I find out their real name.. or even google their email address, or nickname.. amazing what you can find out..

Thats a tough lesson for your stepdaughter to learn...

I agree but having multiple convictions for domestic violence, having served a sentence for credit card fraud and having CCJs for debt? A massive gambling problem and a paternity charge for a daughter he did not acknowledge?

This is the 'nice guy' my stepdaughter brought home and spent Christmas and the new year with us last year before "borrowing" 400 off her and disappearing.

5 times?
    Is she already planning wedding number 6?And he's just met her,and she's moving in soon?Wow????

Its wise to exercise caution. I don't see the rush to jump straight into anything.

I know a really nice lady, good fun and genuine but not relationship material (for me) who at age 60 has buried three husbands. All down to cancer but she had them all well insured and she is now minted.

life is a funny thing, but I have no desire to become number four

Originally Posted by Miss_bee
    Its wise to exercise caution. I don't see the rush to jump straight into anything.
    People do though, its tragic really but people are so keen to re-instate what they had before. They want to re-establish their status/security/ position.

As a sixty year old man, if I go on POF I would be inundated with lovely but very vunerable, ladies pouring out their hearts to me