THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why you should travel!

Me too.When were you thinking of?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Paul Harasimow
    I would love to travel all the way round the world without using an aeroplane.

These guys were paid to do it with tech and mech and cash support all the way for a tv series.

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot

Anyone remember he has a wife and child to support?A wife and child who probably depend soley on him and who may or may not need our nhs.So he dumps his house and job and off they all go?

[QUOTE=cricket;1515981]Anyone remember he has a wife and child to support?A wife and child who probably depend soley on him and who may or may not need our nhs.So he dumps his house and job and off they all go?[/QUOTE

YES nothing says "I Love You" more than doing something spontaneous, livechanging and a voyage of discovery for two people and a little un, many families have decided to up sticks n just DO IT and said its the best move they have ever made, equally as many have fucked up, but you aint willing to take that chance? then dont moan when ya had a boring life......
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

You ever been on the road with a little one?He didnt sound like he was moaning, just sounded like he is bound by his responsibilities and is wistfully wondering.I also have a young person to think of ,they come first.I also wanted to travel badly ,but first i have to ensure my family is sound.It is very difficult to move anywhere with a few dependants in tow on very little money.If you do make it with all of them abroad and it goes wrong then you are really in a mess.If you can get back then its a homeless hostel to start with waiting for the dhss to get it together.Reality is a killer hey.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    The main ingredient for travel is keeping your responsibilities to a minimum,therefore giving you the freedom to enjoy uour experiences to the full.
    Well done to you cricket,you have got your responsibilities and give them the level of priority that you should.

I have my avatar living with me and because of my responsibilities to him,I often have to re-address my travel plans.

There was a book I read many years ago called 8 feet in the andes written by a lady call dervla murphy,who travelled if I remember correctly 1500 miles across the mountains in peru,setting off from cajamarca and ending at cuzcu.

The title of the book was because she did this with her 9 year old daughter and a donkey.

Inspirational xx
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar

xx
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Offgrid hero, Petew, Uncle jhad

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    I sometimes envy house dwellers, no wood to find and cut, water on tap,warmth at flick of a switch, a world without mud.

Then I remember why I do it, the joy of living in my own space,created by me for me,not tied to one place.moors mountains the coast even cities at times are all on my doorstep, sunrises over the mountains sunsets over the sea, the fellowship of other travellers,the kindness of some house dwellers.

maybe i,m lucky but not really had any serious hostility, greet people with a smile, it works wonders
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child, ma bungo, Sootyfoot, wobblyjim, zendaze

Originally Posted by cricket
    Reality is a killer hey.
    reality is not the killer, the killer is self doubt from listening to too many others saying " Thats not wise" or "you have responsibilities" or "its dangerous" or the worst two words "What If..."
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Uncle jhad, wobblyjim, zendaze

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    reality is not the killer, the killer is self doubt from listening to too many others saying " Thats not wise" or "you have responsibilities" or "its dangerous" or the worst two words "What If..."
    Always be careful how you talk to yourself, you are listening
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot, wobblyjim