THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Best Beaches?

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Best Beaches?

What do you look for in a beach? Is it the warm seas, is it the sand, is it how deserted they are, or is it something else?

What are the best beaches you've ever been to, would you go back, and do you have photos?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I like the ones you can see out of your vehicle Windows. The ones you can sleep overnight in your vehicles, the ones you don't have to pay to park on.

I like it When the beach has a tree line that follows the footpaths down to the sand.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, marshlander

Alnmouth is one where you can park and watch the sea as it is on the links. It's not a wild camp - I suspect. Whitley Bay has a few where you can park and view including Tynemouth. Most have facilities but probably not wild camping. Between Seahouses and Bamburgh there are many places - possibly to overnight.

I havent been to a great many beaches however there is one i consider absolutely spectacular.
    Its in Scotland on the North East Coast in Angus.
    Between Arbroath and Montrose the beach is called Lunan Bay - Well worth a visit.

My kind of beach has to be deserted

If i could pick Lunan Bay up and shove it somewhere
    As hot as Greece,
    As colourful and green as the Vineyards in France
    As cheap as Thailand
    I would move there yesterday.
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.

Red Dwarf Bay on Anglesey is a nice place to wake up.
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets

I'll always love the Putsborough end of Woolacombe Beach, it's much quieter than the Woolacombe end and you can get the car right up to it. Beautiful beach.

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Well, I love hot beaches, far off lands, minimal clothing and loads of sunshine, so ...

Long Beach, Perhentian Kecil, Malaysia (Island in the South China Seas)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Corralejo, Fuerteventura (Canary Islands)

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Yup im there
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.

I lived in a beach hut on this island for 3 months
    While i love beaches like this, i probably prefer a wild rugged coastline with big waves..

One of my favourite beaches

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Not got any photo's,but apart from my personally tad bias opinion of loads of beaches along the pembrokeshire coast,I would recommend the coral coast in fiji with its bathwarm water heated up by the sun in the shallows inside the reef with vast arrays of great coral and colourful fish and reef sharks surrounded by white sands,palm tree's and cartwheeling crabs. All the fresh exotic fruit free and at your fingertips too

I spent a few months on said coast and spent a week kayaking along it and spent the night on beaches that met the jungle where it looked like no one had ever visited them before. Complete solitude in beautiful surroundings.

Almost as good as blackpool
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Oh god,where to start! The north coast of Cuba. there's a huge coral reef not to far off shore. Scuba diving is amazing. north shore of dominican republic. You have to traipse through jungle to get to bits off it, but, fucking outstanding! A small town just south of Tangier, Assila, has some amazing coastline. Stopping myself here. Could write all day on this subject!
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh

Dominica!

I'm a bit bias as I'm half Dominican but it really does have some of the most beautiful, unspoiled beaches in the world. The island is tiny and very tropical. 'Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan' was filmed there. I went for the first time finally last year and absolutely fell in love with it.

The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Cobra

Kohpangan and the Gower peninsula get my vote.

Any beach thats as deserted as possible!Not into party type beaches,with thumping music going on 24/7!We go away to totally unwind,practice yoga,have a quiet beer on the beach as the sun goes down.I could mention a few we've been to,but I will refrain due to the fact,we'd like to return to those places whilst they are tourists free!

More or less as Cobra said above, but teetotal. Keep on truckin with Toby n Suzy Trux.