THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: VERA FROM HORSEBOX TO HOUSEBOX

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    After going through one of out tat boxes , I found a metal sun that my partner found while we were clearing out a unit for this old geezer who was calling it a day on his yard last year , after I straightened it out a bit m it looked ok , but I only had the one and we needed at least 4 , or 6 if I want to do the same design on the side windows as well , so I might have to copy or make some sort of mould

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, nicklincs, patchypete, ursus, Wulfie

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    Well after a bit of trial and error , I bought some clay and managed to use the inside of the metal sun as a sort of rough mold, after pressing clay into the back then peeling it out and refinishing all the sun rays by hand it sort of looks ok , just got to make a few more then gold leaf and varnish them and stick them on the door and see what it looks like

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, convoy, kiwikid, nicklincs, patchypete, realnutter, Rick69, Sootyfoot, ursus, wanderingwill

Sex
    Male
    They look great! You were lucky to be able to use the inside of the original as a mould....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by realnutter View Post
    They look great! You were lucky to be able to use the inside of the original as a mould....

Thanks mate , yeh I was going to buy some latex and try to make a mould and cast them in plaster , but hobbycraft were doing a cheap deal on clay 4 a kilo so it was just a fluke really I pressed a load of clay into the back to see what would happen and out popped a sun

Sex
    Male
    There's some interesting ideas for moulding here:

Might be useful in the future...
    The following users think this post is groovy: boneheaddread, NomadicRT, Sootyfoot

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by realnutter View Post
    There's some interesting ideas for moulding here:

Might be useful in the future...
    ​The internet is a fantastic place thats the bollox will def use that idea for something in the future
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    Well the sun has been shining , there are parakeets squawking and flying everywhere , so I thought that I would finally hang the rear door to VERA , now I wanted the entrance to the horsebox to make a statement but like everything I think I went a bit OTT my partner said it looks more like the front door to a Hindu temple

The inside

And a view from inside the truck

Sex
    Male
    Looks great mate!

Sex
    Male
    Brilliant work, the larder you did up looks good in there.

Sex
    Male
    great work ...

That's really beautiful.

Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by boneheaddread View Post
    Well the sun has been shining , there are parakeets squawking and flying everywhere , so I thought that I would finally hang the rear door to VERA , now I wanted the entrance to the horsebox to make a statement but like everything I think I went a bit OTT my partner said it looks more like the front door to a Hindu temple
    Ignore them, it looks just right.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklincs View Post
    Brilliant work, the larder you did up looks good in there.
    ​Thanks , you know that larder is probably one of the most useful bits of kit that I have ever had in a truck/trailer everything goes in it , food ,tins , bread, tea/coffee all our plates pots and pans ect and there is even a pull down flap to prepare stuff on , if you have the room I would recommend one to anyone
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    Well now the real work is about to start , as I have lived with VERA for a few years now, and am happy with the layout of everything , its time to start at one end and finally finish all the odds and sods that I never done as I have no attention span longer that around half hour ,
    above the pull out bed had never been finished and I am getting fed up with waking up covered in purple dandruff ,
    tha plan is to cut and bend 6mm ply to fit the roof curve , then join the ply by screwing self tappers into wide hardwood flat strip , when it all fits take it all off put some insulation behind , refit then stain varnish and maybe a pinstripe or two

The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, patchypete, Rick69

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    ​Well when poxy photobucket wants to play I will post the photos

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male

The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, convoy, jonathanh1989, kiwikid, Miss_bee, nicklincs, patchypete, realnutter, Sootyfoot, wanderingwill

Chilling Out
    Sex
    Male
    Trying to get the bed finished of this week as need to tidy up as mot time next week ,
    after battening out the side walls I filled the gaps with some of that silver insulation stuff , then covered with 6mm ply , and then screwed tongue and groove on top of that

Then once fitted I stained it with a antique pine finish as I wanted something darker than the clear coat that I have used on the bed , and roof

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, convoy, patchypete, realnutter, Rick69, Sootyfoot

Looks bloody handsome that does.