THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: VERA FROM HORSEBOX TO HOUSEBOX

Turning On
    How did you do the scalloping around the bed, looks the part and really classy too. You have some really cool ideas going on.

green paint is my guess

Turning On
    SO its a bit of optical thing, it looks like they have been scalloped with a chisel or the like. God I'm thick sometimes, they say that self deprecation is good thing occasionally.

Chilling Out
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    How did you do the scalloping around the bed, looks the part and really classy too. You have some really cool ideas going on.
    Hi its carved out with butterfly chamfers , first I made a template out of hardboard of the shape that I wanted , then draw round it where I wanted the chamfers , then its case of carving out no real skill or special tools are needed you can do it with a stanley knife or chisel , then a sand down and ,its not to hard to do but looks very effective when painted
    The following users think this post is groovy: keep the faith, wanderingwill

Chilling Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
    green paint is my guess
    Hi shroom no it is carved not just paint

Chilling Out
    The next job was to do to the roof what I did to the floor of the truck , get it level so I screwed 2x2 s to the across beams as they were all different sizes , once I had a level it was a case of filling the gap with insulation then I put up the tong and groove to finish it off , the hardest part was getting some sort of level around the 3 skylights that I had put in as the roof sloped from left to right and front to back ? headwork
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, HoopingHippy, Kerouac, kiwikid, nicklincs, patchypete, simate, Sootyfoot

Chilling Out
    My next thought was heading towards the kitchen , I wont be having anything plumbed in , I prefer to just use a bowl for washing up or my morning wash and they are both done outside , and my toilet is normally a shovel I don't mind making units and fitting but if I can find something g already made that works that's even better , saw this larder in my local recycle centre for 25 so snapped it up , it needed a couple of doors making and sanding down and a repaint but it fits great
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Fire-Tree, kiwikid, nicklincs, patchypete

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaddread View Post
    My next thought was heading towards the kitchen , I wont be having anything plumbed in , I prefer to just use a bowl for washing up or my morning wash and they are both done outside , and my toilet is normally a shovel I don't mind making units and fitting but if I can find something g already made that works that's even better , saw this larder in my local recycle centre for 25 so snapped it up , it needed a couple of doors making and sanding down and a repaint but it fits great
    What a great find, i love them old larders.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lionheart888, patchypete

Chilling Out
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklincs View Post
    What a great find, i love them old larders.

Yeah there the nuts thing is they hold everything , pots /pans / plates / tins/bread all in one complete kitchen , here it is finished in the truck

What a lovely job you have done there, so nice to see the old stuff given a second life.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lionheart888

Bloody excellent job i love the larda its a complete kitchen... well done you

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    WOW, the larder looks amazing.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Sootyfoot

Ah yes.
    There's not much to tell between the TKs and the J2, so I'm guessing you've not had difficulty getting to know Vera. I find I get too attached to my projects so even if they don't work out brilliantly I can't get rid of them. I'm in year 8 of the rebuild on the bus... might get painted this summer if things go well!

Likewise, keen to meet/help/be helped!

You've done a great job on the kitchen!

Turning On
    Love the way this thing is coming together! fair play

Heavenly Creature
    i can remember them units from when i was i kid you made a good job there mate
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Lionheart888, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature
    I love the lader unit!

Chilling Out
    Hi thanks for all the comments on the larder ,it was just one of those lucky moments, I know roughly how the truck will look finished in my head but when something good turns up I try and work it in , when I saw the larder I just new that it was for me ,got it back and it went straight in the gap I had perfect , although the horsebox is high ( around 8ft headroom inside) when you tale away the Luton top there is only around 12ft of useable space so every inch counts , so I have around 6ft each for the kitchen and sitting space
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, patchypete

My gran used to have one of those Larders, you used to get them with frosted striped glass in them as well. Seen them in second hand shops for a lot lot more than 25.00 . You've done a great job BHD
    Loving this build
    "The best way to get something done , is to begin "
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Chilling Out
    Well the suns been shining so I sort of went into one , first I took off the side tailgate , vera has side and rear tailgates the back one I am keeping but the side one was heavy and very rotten so I wanted to get rid of it sometime so a few sunny days seemed perfect , one it was off I started planning what was going in its place , I have a load of stained glass stashed so I went through it and found 2 matching pieces so started making some nice long windows to fit the gap , then a swinging door to hide it all
    The following users think this post is groovy: BaguetteMan, essexcamper, Fire-Tree, HoopingHippy, Kerouac, kiwikid, Lionheart888, nicklincs, patchypete, simate, Sootyfoot

Chilling Out
    Also I have a stash of copper pipes and tanks that are to good to just weigh in so there I was staring at one of these tanks while listening to a bit of bob marley and eating a vegan cornetto and I thought BURNER SURROUND out come the angle grinder and there she is

Chilling Out
    With the bit that I cut out I has a go at giving it a hammered effect , after a go resting the copper on a blanket , then the floor I sussed a large ball end hammer on a block of wood works best , so I think I am going to cut the other 2 tanks that I have into sheets and hammer them and cover the top half's of the living space /kitchen dividing walls
    The following users think this post is groovy: BaguetteMan, Chazz, essexcamper, HoopingHippy, kiwikid, Lionheart888, nicklincs, patchypete, Sootyfoot

this is great
    "The best way to get something done , is to begin "
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, Sootyfoot