THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone love to crochet?

Not Quite a Noobie

Anyone love to crochet?

I knit and spin too, but crochet is a favourite. Who loves it too?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sharon

Hi there! I used to crochet a lot, including amigurumi. It is fun and you get results quickly! I have knitted a few things too.

You should share photos of the things you've made!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've just started learning how to crochet, because my friend made me super jealous of her beautiful handmade throws and cushion covers that she made. Ive made a hat that doesn't fit, and a phone case 😊 I'm trying to build up to making a mermaid tail, but its a long way off 😆

I love to crochet! I've made quite a few things over the years ~ if you'd like to see them, here is a link to the category on my blog

The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths to it are not found but made, and the activity of making them changes both the maker and the destination. - John Schaar
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chillicamper

Not Quite a Noobie
    Nice to see you creative people on here

I have no camera at the moment, and no mobile. So no pics yet... sorry

Annoyingly Positive Editor DaisyDreamer's Avatar
    Me! Love it
    I taught myself using Youtube vids a couple of years back. I find it really relaxing
    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too - Voltaire

Do any men do this ? personally I don't, was just wondering.
    "The best way to get something done , is to begin "

Annoyingly Positive Editor DaisyDreamer's Avatar
    I know men who knit but never met one who crochets.

(Patchy Pete, I need to make your signature my new mantra!!)
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete

Crocheting is great and so relaxing (when it goes right). I'm trying to learn to make crop tops atm!!!

Noobie
    I love to crochet. I taught myself a few years ago, and barely put a hook down since.
    Saying that, I've not currently got any projects on the go...

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    I can crochet - and knit. Have loads of yarn, but it's something I do every now and then. I often carry the makings of stuff in the van, but rarely work while I'm away as the birds would just not give me peace to do it.

I have crocheted, not very often though, I can also spin, weave and all sorts of other crafts, currently my woolcraft is directed at rug making (latch hook)
    We perform the impossible every day - Miracles take a little longer.
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs

I knit . In fact I design and make all my sweaters, socks, scarfs, hats etc. but to my shame have not learned to crochet. I never thought of using youtube..............duh. I have loads of spare odds and ends of wool. What size of crochet hook works well with both 4 ply and double knitting wool. You guys have given me the kick up the arse I need to make a start. Thanks
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh

Noobie
    I'd say maybe 4mm or 4.5mm. They're my go to size hooks when I'm unsure of gauge

Posted via the UKHIPPY Tapatalk Mobile App

Cool thanks!
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh

I've just taken it up again after a gap of 45 years! I started knitting again last year but then remembered how much i loved to crochet. As teenagers we all used to go to the pub with our crocheting and would sit with our pints and our huge blankets over our shoulders while we crocheted away.

I'm currently learning how to make necklace lighter holders so I can sell them at the markets in Portugal in the winter. There are a lot of stoners there and they never seem to be able to find their lighters so it's a charitable gesture really.
    Roughing it smoothly...
    The following users think this post is groovy: etherea, glowingsunsets, nicklincs

I can knit but its nearly taken me a year to finish a scarf. I tend to do it when round me mums where I left it. I did start crochet but didnt carry on best I catch up with it again as want to learn it properly. Must also get the sewingmachine out and start practicing and come to think of it my rag rugging stuff.

Yes, I love to crochet. Latest completed project is a king-sized bed-spread using the Hawaiian Flower motif and then bordering them with pineapples.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, glowingsunsets, hygge, nicklincs, Sharon, ThreeMoons

Wow thats nice,I like bright colours. My partner showed me once how to crochet but I think I shall wait till my daughters down to show me. She has more patience

I can knit but I love crochet...it's amazing to be able to make something 3D from a single thread. It may sound a bit weird, but I particularly like stripes...it seems to make my brain sing when I look at the colour change in the rows!!!

Recently I've been making dish scrubbers...I love the thought of being able to wash them rather than throwing old sponges in landfill
    The following users think this post is groovy: fiddledeedee, Sharon

And beady jean...that bed-spread is AMAZING! I only make small things as I can't manage to finish anything big
    The following users think this post is groovy: beadyjean

Anyone here crochet or knit items for sale

Originally Posted by Etienne
    Anyone here crochet or knit items for sale
    My Partner does Etienne, here's link