THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone love to crochet?

Ooo I knit, crochet, loom & needle felt. My fav is crochet though.
    I only made blankets for my family.
    I mix my technic & materials to make jewellery, bags & home accessories. I'm completely self taught so always willing to learn better ways of doing things.
    The following users think this post is groovy: beachcomber

Sex
    Female
    Same here,self taught,i can knit but much more room for mistakes,lol,and crochet grows quicker.my favored item is pixie type hats,i have been known to make the odd blanket and shawl xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: beadyjean

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I haven't knit or crocheted for a couple of years as my hands (joints) have been so painful. I have enough yarn to stock a small shop, so I ought to start up again, or pass on at least some of the yarns.
    The following users think this post is groovy: beadyjean

Sex
    Female
    Thats a shame maggie,as i know a lady,now in NZ once she started again,it freed up her hands,she makes teddies and vests for war orphans now..if you decide to sell up give me a shout☺xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    If I had thought, I could have brought a load down to Dovedale. Mind you, there was a load of stuff I meant to bring to give away to anyone who wanted it. With the bus being in the garage until right up to the last minute; I forgot and left it at home. Also, because I was preparing the bus at the last minute, I didn't put things (parrot housing, for instance) in, in the best way to make space for carrying freebies.
    If I get down your way in the future, Nicky; I'll bring you a bag of assorted. Otherwise it will be the next meet.

Not Quite a Noobie fiddledeedee's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I also knit, crochet and spin. I sometimes teach drop spindle at festivals and have made a gorgeous jumper from raw wool on my spinning wheel. It was a labour of love though (to myself) and worth at least 3k in terms of labour hours!! My favourite is crochet nets that I staple gun to my truck walls for keeping clothes and the like off the floordrobe. It's a post apocalyptic skill!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: beadyjean, parrotandcrow

Sex
    Female
    Thanks maggie xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sex
    Male
    I like knitting socks, but love to crochet blankets and amigurumi. Spinning is my fave though, although I have never made enough of any yarn to make a project yet.. the yarn sits there looking pretty in odd skeins lol. Wish there was a knit/crochet/spin group near me!
    (well there are a few but very cliquey and I don't fit at all...
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    so Im still looking)
    If anyone lives in or near Stockport (or centre of manchester during the day) maybe we could meetup and knit over coffee?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: fiddledeedee

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by LittleGreyOwl
    ... love to crochet...
    So does my partner. She's saving up for a guillotine...

:sorry:

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    This is so frustrating! I'm looking at these lovely things on here and I have been trying to teach myself to crochet for about 2 years, I'm left handed and so finding another leftie or a video online is quite difficult.
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by ThreeMoons
    This is so frustrating! I'm looking at these lovely things on here and I have been trying to teach myself to crochet for about 2 years, I'm left handed and so finding another leftie or a video online is quite difficult.
    I'm pretty sure that some of the excellent Youtube tutorials are for lefties.....

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sex
    Male
    Post apocalyptic skills are always a plus!
    Nice one

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sex
    Male
    Me too.. its great until moving house, then realising how much yarn stuff there is! lol

Drekkly Dharma Dude Bodhisurfer's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    That is awesome!

three moons keep going I'm a lefty I kind of taught myself my sister had lessons at a local craft shop she says it was worth it being a lefty too x