THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Off Grid Artists

Off Grid Artists

Off Grid Artists are travelling around making things from Recycled, Repurposed and Reused items.
    ( The most important 3 R's in the universe).
    Anything from Costumes, Ancient crafts, Tools, Furniture, to stylish stuff for your home on wheels or water.
    Some pictures will follow... and links to websites and youtube pages to be added at a later date.
    I do most of my own stunts because the stunt guys show me how.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heres a sign made earlier today by Off Grid Artists
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, oddballdave

I'm an artist and designer and sell it all online, I've been doing that 15 years - when I go off grid (in 6 years) I'm going to continue to work in this way but simply do it on the move. I'm going to need a satellite dish for Internet access and as many solar panels as will fit on the roof of the campervan and caravan!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I don't actually need tons of electricity as a laptop doesn't require tons of power but I'll need to make sure and I want to be free from the need to be near wifi.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman

Vlahakisa. Sounds great your online business - send me a link of your art work, woud love to see it :-)

As for Satellite, yes thats something i shall be looking into in the near future. Its expensive but it has the advantage that you can park up almost anywhere and use it. Unlike wifi, which restricts you to car parks behind shopping or industrial estates. I am not too keen on the idea of spending my life travelling in a van only to wake up to the giant sign of Tescos greet me every morning. Would be nice to wake up and see hills, beaches and great views.

There is a member on here who may be able to answer any such questions on Sat phones and set up. His name is Rich, lovely guy who has recently converted his van. Check out his site @

Why are you waiting 6 years to travel in van full time Vlahakisa?

They're expensive yes but if you are working on the road, as you say it's hardly going to be pleasant parked in car parks and what not half the week to gain Internet access and so if you have the funds it's definitely a great investment in a nicer lifestyle. To me the whole point of going off grid is to have a better way of life, and also to not have to spend all your time in an urban jungle.

I'll check out Rich's site, I'm hungrily gathering knowledge right now, I want to be good to go once the time comes. We already have the campervan
    I should imagine it will end up being fitted up with the solar panels and satellite before the six years comes up, best to get it all done gradually rather than all in one stressful year

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator (
    ) and also I sell things I make at

Cheers for the links to your sites. Just been looking a taylortwo. Great stuff - read your reviews too - someone commented on a Bowie cup... couldnt find it on the site but would love to see it ( I too am a Bowie fan)

If you click on 'Homeware' you will see a drop down link for 'mugs' and therein you will find Bowie and Prince too, I love Bowie but my real fandom lies with Prince

These are drawings I created and then had printed onto mugs. I've photographed the Prince mug against the backdrop of my vinyl albums I've had since I was 15 years old. RIP Prince.

The following users think this post is groovy: treestump

Oh wow I love the Bowie mug Thanks for sharing
    The following users think this post is groovy: vlahakisa