THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Art Modelling

Turning On

Art Modelling

Do people consider art modelling to be a creative pursuit? I have done this for over a decade and think in many ways it involves as much thought, inspiration, collaboration and discipline as many other forms of art. Are there any other art models on here?

Hi! I'm just starting out in this so I'd appreciate any advice. To answer the question, though, yes to have people paying attention to you and painting, sculpting and drawing you in the same way as any other beautiful structure or arrangement I think would be really awesome. The model has to have a unique set of skills and employ a certain state of mind to stay still and maintain position with not much on.

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by UniMuse
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Do people consider art modelling to be a creative pursuit? I have done this for over a decade and think in many ways it involves as much thought, inspiration, collaboration and discipline as many other forms of art. Are there any other art models on here?
    I think it could be, I knew an artist whose (only, female) model was surely his muse. I guess it would be more of a life than a career for both parties. One would probably need a v understanding partner!

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Do you get paid ?

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    Do you get paid ?
    I know someone who gets paid a lot but i think.it depends on who for and for what reason ...
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

Id never be able to sit still long enough xx

I'm quite good at sitting still. I'm doing it now instead of getting on with stuff.
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper

It's something I'd love to do, but it's never been convenient for me, due to having a "proper" job... Maybe in a few months time, I'll look into it seriously...

I have done it before. I consider it a "proper job" Like Unimuse I think that it is important to be able to empathise with the artist, to be "in" what you are doing, to possibly collaborate. So yeah, it is a creative pursuit. Actually holding the pose is the smallest part of the job in my opinion
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh