THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Daily rituals

Daily rituals

Do you have any daily rituals / practices that you'd like to share?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Yeah. Waking up for work and saying out loud what the fucking fuck cunt dickhead thought up this bastard scheme of cuntery. Then falling out of my hammock and dreading the world and the bullshit that lies between me and solitude and world peace and wondering why the fuck selfish idiots run the world.

I do that every goddamn motherfucking day.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Lightbringer, Sarah

I prefer coffee from my stove top percolator and a digestive biscuit to start the day
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, ma bungo, Wulfie, wurzel

I Awaken And Say A Blessing As I Welcome The Beautiful Sunrise Marking The New Born Day As It Shines On Me (As My Bed Is Sunrise Placed) ....Then I Bounce On My Bed Off Onto The Floor hahahaha
    Slide Down The Bannisters (Side Bumzzz Style) To The Bottom hahaha And Hit The Radio On As I Enter My Kitchen .Open The Back Garden Door And Let The Last Day Out And Welcome The Beautiful New Born Day Sunrise In Marking The Start Of A New Born Day As I Step Out Into My Garden And Breathe In The Beautiful Sunrise And Feel It Upon My Face And Then I Step Back Into My Kitchen And Shimmie And Dance Around My Kitchen Dancing To My New Born Days Cool Tunes As My Morning Coffee Boils hahahaha
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ))
    Last edited by Danann; 19-07--2016 at 01:50 AM.
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by zendaze
    Yeah. Waking up for work and saying out loud what the fucking fuck cunt dickhead thought up this bastard scheme of cuntery. Then falling out of my hammock and dreading the world and the bullshit that lies between me and solitude and world peace and wondering why the fuck selfish idiots run the world.

So I Take It "(Your Defo Not A Morning Person Then Zendaze ?" hahahaha
    )))
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Lightbringer, rumpusmany

Originally Posted by Willowstars
    And Willowstars Apart From My Daily Morning Awakening I Say I Do ..."There Are Certain Days And Certain Months/Happenings Etc ...That I Would Awaken Doing Certain Rituals/Practises Etc Celebrating Those Days And Happennings Like Say Both The Solstices And Full Moons And Other Happenings Etc Etc....If That Kind Of Makes Sense....As Certain Days And Months And Seasons And Happenings Etc Are Sacred To Me And Mean Celebrations And Rituals And Blessings Etc
    xx

Transcending

Originally Posted by Willowstars
    There are things I try and do everyday if at all possible although I don't follow any particular spiritual path or philosophy (that I'm aware of!).

I try and run through the things that I'm grateful for and am glad to have in my life.

If I find myself being critical and narky (which seems to be happening more as I get older) I try to look at the situation from a different point of view and to see it from the other side.

I try and spend time outside, easy when the weather's glorious as it is at the moment, not so tempting when it's cold and wet.

I try to spend some time meditating and/or relaxing each day.

I am constantly trying to learn and expand, whether it's practical skills, emotional states or general knowledge so I do try and spend some time each day on 'something'. At the moment I'm doing up a van (lots to learn there), trying to mug up on my English skills so that I can go back to teaching, squeezing in a bit of time to write (as that is something I'd love to do more of) and gazing at my map of the world and imagining new places.

And I always have a cuddle with my cat! She's very aloof and standoffish but at some point during the day she always comes over and paws at me to pick her up and then snuggles in for a cuddle. She'll purr and look utterly content and then once she's had enough she bites me, lol, every single time.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

I think you should spend more time thinking of ways to improve your life and implementing them , rather than being so negative

My favorite ritual is walking down our lane at 7.30 am every saturday to deliver eggs , even better if its sunny!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, nicklincs, wurzel

Tonight I will be leaving a clear bottle of water out to catch the moon light and then drinking some and using some to shower with in the morning to 'catch' the power of the moon.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dustydave

Me and Susan sit facing each other at the end of the day, bow, thank each other for something we've done for the other person regardless how small and then end with a kiss.
    If we've had an argument it seems to stop us from carrying the argument into the next day and calms us down at the end of the day.
    Might seem cheesy to some but it works for us.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, dustydave, Sarah, Uncle jhad

Heavenly Creature
    I generally just give thanks all day for everything good that happens to me, no matter how small it may seem. I am also a great believer in "I AM", be careful how you talk to yourself people, because YOU are listening ... would you let others talk to you the way you talk to yourself? Big yourself up always, If someone ask's how you are don't reply "not bad" or "getting by", say "fucking awesome thanks"

My ritual by the way is a mixture of I AM, Heartmath, and Ho'oponopono
    The following users think this post is groovy: naturalspirit

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    If someone ask's how you are don't reply "not bad" or "getting by", say "fucking awesome thanks"

They always ask that in lidl at the check out , I shall try this on Wednesday

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    They always ask that in lidl at the check out , I shall try this on Wednesday
    Great stuff Ma, and big them up too, ask how they are, make them smile too
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo

Groundhog day ritual - Kick the dogs out, do their breakfasts, put some kit on, settle in front of computer with mug of Twinings and a banana, 0800, mug of Millicano with evap and a bowl of muesli, yoghurt and walnuts if going out. Ready to face the world.
    Not all who wander are lost

Heavenly Creature

You sound like you lay in bed thinking of how bad the day is going to be, all the hurdles and problems that lay ahead. All you are actually doing is laying in bed

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Trying to get into the habit of doing that deep yogic three part breathing where you breathe into your abdomen first. I find it easy to do at night but am trying to break the habit of getting out of bed on the wrong side of the bed every morning so think i should try and do in the morning too - i'm not very ritualistic - infact i find the whole idea of rituals a bit weird until i think about them as if they are mandalas then they make perfect sense for focussing the mind x
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

Transcending
    Sadly the first thing on my mind in the AM is having a piss, that gets me out of bed ( thankfully ). Usually I put the kettle on first, have a wizz, let the dogs out, let the ducks out ( they always sound pissed off first thing ), let the chickens out ( rooster always chases one of the hens round the poly-tunnel), play ball with Doberman, trip over Collie, go back inside and realize that the kettle boiled but is now cold so switch it on again. Make coffee and take a cup up to Mrs B.