THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching eden?

Anyone watching eden?

Second episode on Monday it's the sort of thing I like the idea of. going to be ruined buy the choice of participants again I reckon ?
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Differentisgood, treeboy

Just finished watching it on demand. What could have been a great programme is like you suspected going to be ruined by the deliberate choice of participants and the editing for tv.

Then again i have yet to see a reality show that actually reflects reality.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero

It's a shame if that turns out to be the case because a year is a good amount of Time to have a true test of resolve I hope that guy turns out to be right about the winter camp they were being very petty towards him I thought.
    just a simple guy

Him and the carpenter certainly seem the most sensible of the bunch.

The vet seemed odd to me going on about looking after all the animals then just stands bye and watched a goat slowly die in pain we could all have done that
    just a simple guy

Yes, i found that a bit strange. Even if he couldnt face it, once he knew it was going to die the kindest thing to do would have been to kill it there and then. How he could sit and watch an animal suffer and die and then have the cheek to say he felt bad afterwards is beyond me.

At the end of the day, once he knew it was dying then it was dinner.

Poor old anton can't cut it as a lone wolf
    just a simple guy

Well its only the second programme and although no doubt some of it is down to the editing it seems most of the people there are going to waste what would have been a wonderful opportunity.
    They should make another with people who actually want to live off the land, not necessarily together but pooling resources. I would be willing to bet that it would be a far better programme.

Yep most of them seem to be there to try and raise their profiles it is early days but the majority of them seem to be on a 18-30 jolly self obsessed mollycoddled plebs everyone should have been made to shave their heads and start a fresh.
    just a simple guy

Another thing that wasn't lost on me was nobody objected to consuming that parcel of chocolate and stuff it puts a mockery on the whole endeavour that you signed up for,sweat lodge you can tell there not putting their shoulders to the wheel during the day if you want to sit in a plastic sweat lodge,a human sacrifice is in order.
    just a simple guy

Dont forget the essential massage tent......

As for the chocolate and beer, it would have been interesting to know if anyone had raised objections to eating it. As you said, its about self sufficiency not relying on others. Mind you, if they werent so busy constructing unnecessary items they may have had food by now....

lone wolf survivalist.
    someone elsewhere called it "big brother in the woods", I reckon he nailed it!!!
    I don't think this lot could last 12 weeks FOR REAL never mind 12 months.
    there is so much wrong with what they are doing, or rather what they aren't doing.

I gave up watching it. I reckon you are correct about the big brother bit.
    Shant be watching the next series.

lone wolf survivalist.
    I shall watch it when it comes back in the Autumn, but i'm not expecting it to improve, I expect it to get worse.
    they seem to have plenty of make up and party clothes which I think about says it all.

The last two episodes were boring at best I am still watching it but mainly to remind myself that I'm better off avoiding people at all costs rather than its content it's a shame if they had just filled it with Ruth Goodman types it would have been a good watch
    just a simple guy

lone wolf survivalist.
    yes, I know what you mean, I haven't got much time for other people either.
    Ruth Goodman knows her stuff, I preferred "tales from the green valley" than any of the Victorian Farm or other stuff.

Noobie
    Feel better in reading this i'm not alone in my feelings towards it. Started watching with my wife and she enjoyed it (purely cause its set in Scotland i reckon) but the people just didn't sit right with me and i didn't warm to them. Did anyone watch the one years ago that brought Ben Fogle to fame? I missed most of it but heard that was better?

lone wolf survivalist.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Beng30
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Feel better in reading this i'm not alone in my feelings towards it. Started watching with my wife and she enjoyed it (purely cause its set in Scotland i reckon) but the people just didn't sit right with me and i didn't warm to them. Did anyone watch the one years ago that brought Ben Fogle to fame? I missed most of it but heard that was better?
    #
    no it wasn't any better, one older guy-I think his name was Ray- left because he got fed up of all the young'uns-including a young Ben Fogle- messing about and not getting on with the work. seems nothing changes.
    " Does not suffer fools gladly!"
    The following users think this post is groovy: Beng30

I watched castaway and I think it's the best attempt so far maybe just because there wasn't much reality TV about to manipulate the participants thought processes but the choice of a windswept Scottish island made it unrealistic to get much done especially for novices/city folk.
    just a simple guy

lone wolf survivalist.
    all these sorts of programmes are false, they are more of a reality show than anything to do with survival or self sufficiency, they pick the participants so they will fail rather than succeed, if it was the other way round they would pick people who knew what they were doing but they don't.
    this present lot seem more interested in pairing off than doing any work.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Beng30, naturalspirit

What's happened to the second installment of this, they must have pulled the plug on it like jericho?
    just a simple guy

lone wolf survivalist.
    I think I caught a glimpse of the other part of this debacle being advertised as "coming soon".

I love programs like this, then it suddenly stopped but is apparently returning soon. Maybe they needed more time to film. Like others have said the selection of people kind of ruins it, a few big egos and not sure how serious any of them are about living an alternative lifestyle, but its very much my sort of program and interesting to see how they get on.

I've still not seen anything advertising it's return,it must have been cancelled surly I can barely remember it.
    just a simple guy