THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What saved your life ?

I have seen/felt more things in life from a tiny me to a big me ...that i would not wish any eyes..hearts..minds..bodies..spirit to ever know or feel or see.....From seeing/hearing of loved ones/friends/strangers "Strung Up ..Burnt Hanging From Trees ...Or That have been dragged tied along a desert road and left dumped with no thought like garbage or dirt ....and friends ..family..strangers etc ...raped ..killed ..hunted ...beaten ..abused ..Kidnapping etc ...and for what? And Why?
    Simply because of who they Are Or Be Or Their Beliefs...And Children Taking There Lives As Young At 10/11/12 etc As They Feel No Hope ..No Dreams ..Only Nothingness As They Are Trapped Forced Into Lands That Are No Longer Free ....Even To This Day All This Still Goes On ...There Is No Rights ..No Laws No Police ..No Goverments Etc To Stop This Or Speak Out For Them All ..And ...A Blind Eye Is Just Turned As They ..We Us ..Them Are Seen As Nothing ..Or Worthless Or My Kind As Prizes And Trophies .. such as And Is The Real Truths ..The Daily Life Of People Of Tribes/Indigenous People Etc by Mans World...And Much Much More Cruel Evil Things I Could Share And Tell Sadly And Heartbreakingly...
    But Yet ....Even Through All This ...And This Heartache And Terrible Suffering At The Hands Of Mans World .......We ..They ..Are Shown These Terrible Things ..We When Young Are Taken To The Hanging Trees And Desert Roads Where We See Their Bodies Burnt ..No Skin ..Beaten Etc Etc....Fore Our Eyes Are Not Covered Or Our Hearts Protected Or Ears Blocked From The Screams Or Pain ..Rivers Of Tears .Of The Loved Ones Seeing Their Sons..Daughters..Wifes..Husbands..Mums.. Dads..Lifeless Bodies Taken By Mans Cruel Hateful World.

And Yet...Even Through This Hardest Of Teachings ...We Are Teached To Love All Life...Live Simply...Always Be Open . Truthful And Honest In All We Do And Say And Live ...
    We Are Teached To Find Beauty In The Smallest Of Things ...Like The Flowers That Grow Wild ...The Bees That Buzzz ..The Sun..The Moon .The Great Skies Above Us .All Animals .Even ..The Smoothness Of A Simple Rock And The Waters That Fall From The Skies Etc Etc ...Everything Around Us Is All Wild Beautiful And Free ...And To Respect All Living Things That Natures Great Spirit Gives Us For Free .....
    Because . ..Even At Our Most Darkest Times ..Hurtful Times And Times Of Loss And Despair And Heartache ....There Is Always Lightness And Brightness And Beautiful Things ...To Lift Our Hearts ...To Walk And Share And See With Our Ancestors ..Our Lost Fallen Loved Ones ..With Nature ..Within Nature...Because That Is What We The Tribal..The Indiginous People Are ....Meaning We Are The Winds..The Seas..The Earth ..The Nature...For We Are All Of Natures Spirits ....Hidden...As Our Drums Sings And Our Spirits Dance And Flames Burn.... We Are Of Spirit And With Our Ancestors And Lost Ones As We Are Off Spirit And Love And Peace.
    So yes these be just a few things i try to explain in words of what helps me ...to get through the darkness and hurtful hard things in my life ...and when i feel sad ..or confused sometimes like say when strangers hate me simply because I Rather Be Always Happy And Bouncie And Love And Giggle And Laugh...Than Be Cruel Mean And Unkind And Hate ....But I Cannot Help The Way I Am And Be As Said I Cannot Simply Not Be Me ...So Yes The Haters Still Will Hate ...Some Darkness Will Come And Has Come Into My Life ...For Simply Being Me .....But ...I Will Always Find And Seek Out Lifes Simple Beautiful Things In Life ...That Are All Around Us And Free ...and I Always Will Simply Be Truthful And Simply Me .
    So My BELIEFS..And Being TRUTHFUL Always Will Always Be There For Me To Pick Me Up And Set The Darkness And Pain FREE.
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Danann
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I have seen/felt more things in life from a tiny me to a big me ...that i would not wish any eyes..hearts..minds..bodies..spirit to ever know or feel or see.....From seeing/hearing of loved ones/friends/strangers "Strung Up ..Burnt Hanging From Trees ...Or That have been dragged tied along a desert road and left dumped with no thought like garbage or dirt ....and friends ..family..strangers etc ...raped ..killed ..hunted ...beaten ..abused ..Kidnapping etc ...and for what? And Why?
    Simply because of who they Are Or Be Or Their Beliefs...And Children Taking There Lives As Young At 10/11/12 etc As They Feel No Hope ..No Dreams ..Only Nothingness As They Are Trapped Forced Into Lands That Are No Longer Free ....Even To This Day All This Still Goes On ...There Is No Rights ..No Laws No Police ..No Goverments Etc To Stop This Or Speak Out For Them All ..And ...A Blind Eye Is Just Turned As They ..We Us ..Them Are Seen As Nothing ..Or Worthless Or My Kind As Prizes And Trophies .. such as And Is The Real Truths ..The Daily Life Of People Of Tribes/Indigenous People Etc by Mans World...And Much Much More Cruel Evil Things I Could Share And Tell Sadly And Heartbreakingly...
    But Yet ....Even Through All This ...And This Heartache And Terrible Suffering At The Hands Of Mans World .......We ..They ..Are Shown These Terrible Things ..We When Young Are Taken To The Hanging Trees And Desert Roads Where We See Their Bodies Burnt ..No Skin ..Beaten Etc Etc....Fore Our Eyes Are Not Covered Or Our Hearts Protected Or Ears Blocked From The Screams Or Pain ..Rivers Of Tears .Of The Loved Ones Seeing Their Sons..Daughters..Wifes..Husbands..Mums.. Dads..Lifeless Bodies Taken By Mans Cruel Hateful World.

And Yet...Even Through This Hardest Of Teachings ...We Are Teached To Love All Life...Live Simply...Always Be Open . Truthful And Honest In All We Do And Say And Live ...
    We Are Teached To Find Beauty In The Smallest Of Things ...Like The Flowers That Grow Wild ...The Bees That Buzzz ..The Sun..The Moon .The Great Skies Above Us .All Animals .Even ..The Smoothness Of A Simple Rock And The Waters That Fall From The Skies Etc Etc ...Everything Around Us Is All Wild Beautiful And Free ...And To Respect All Living Things That Natures Great Spirit Gives Us For Free .....
    Because . ..Even At Our Most Darkest Times ..Hurtful Times And Times Of Loss And Despair And Heartache ....There Is Always Lightness And Brightness And Beautiful Things ...To Lift Our Hearts ...To Walk And Share And See With Our Ancestors ..Our Lost Fallen Loved Ones ..With Nature ..Within Nature...Because That Is What We The Tribal..The Indiginous People Are ....Meaning We Are The Winds..The Seas..The Earth ..The Nature...For We Are All Of Natures Spirits ....Hidden...As Our Drums Sings And Our Spirits Dance And Flames Burn.... We Are Of Spirit And With Our Ancestors And Lost Ones As We Are Off Spirit And Love And Peace.
    So yes these be just a few things i try to explain in words of what helps me ...to get through the darkness and hurtful hard things in my life ...and when i feel sad ..or confused sometimes like say when strangers hate me simply because I Rather Be Always Happy And Bouncie And Love And Giggle And Laugh...Than Be Cruel Mean And Unkind And Hate ....But I Cannot Help The Way I Am And Be As Said I Cannot Simply Not Be Me ...So Yes The Haters Still Will Hate ...Some Darkness Will Come And Has Come Into My Life ...For Simply Being Me .....But ...I Will Always Find And Seek Out Lifes Simple Beautiful Things In Life ...That Are All Around Us And Free ...and I Always Will Simply Be Truthful And Simply Me .
    So My BELIEFS..And Being TRUTHFUL Always Will Always Be There For Me To Pick Me Up And Set The Darkness And Pain FREE.

Far out! You are on a roll tonite.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

So Its Simple ...
    Yes..the Haters Still Hate Me for being Simply Me ...And Yes Its Hard For Me Still To Trust People And To Step Out If I Feel Negative Bad Vibes And Bad People Around Me ...And Yes Sadly My Heart Breaks When I Loose Loved Ones To The Forever Sleep And My Heart Still Gets Broken And Darkness Still Will Visit Me ...
    But ....When That Does As We Cannot Stop What Will Be Will Be..No Matter How Many Times We Say Or Feel "Why Me?" ...
    I Never Hate...And Never Stay In The Darkness ...I Simply Seek Out The Lightness And Brightness Around Me Thats Free ...And Become Just Like That Little Weed That Pushes Up From An Impossible Place Like A Tiny Crack In A Concrete Path All On Its Own Seeking Out The Brightness And Light Of The Sun ....So It Can Blossom Flower And Grow....No Matter How Much Is Done To It To Stop It Growing...That Is What I Do ...I Survive ..Grow Stronger And Bounce Bounce Back Up And LOVE
    ))
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, Boaty McBoatface, cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, Offgrid hero, parrotandcrow

Originally Posted by ayami
    Far out! You are on a roll tonite.
    Wellni only shared all that in the hope that it can or could or might help somebody someday if they feel sad and down ...or in a dark place .
    And if through my sadness of past times long ago and some nearer this time of times ..that my words my beliefs my love peace happiness can help someone and show them .and get them to belueve that some brightness will shine through just like the little weed pushing up up into the lightness to anyone or someone feeling lost or alone or in a bit of darkness looking for answers as to why? this is happening to them etc because there is no reasons or reason as to why things happen because it just is and does no matter how unfair that seems ...but its how and what we can do to help ourselves or others that we can do something about even when we feel there is nothing that can be done ...there is always something we can do if we push up towards the light and into the light ..if that kinda makes sense.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett

I had a very big breakthrough about 3 years ago. I was living a life of drugs and addiction with my ex fiancee....
    As silly as it might sound.... 6 hits of acid took me on a journey that changed my life forever. The next day I vowed to become sober, changed my life for the best. I have not stopped since that day and I am very grateful for being shown the truth....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, Danann, dollybassett, GivingItThought, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, Sootyfoot

Today it was actually an axle stand...under van and the jack decided to let itself down all of a sudden like... I near shat myself

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, parrotandcrow

lone wolf survivalist.
    what I don't get is these idiots on a stormy day that go down to the promenade or whatever and then get washed away. some people are just so stupid.
    " Does not suffer fools gladly!"

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    Today it was actually an axle stand...under van and the jack decided to let itself down all of a sudden like... I near shat myself

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Omg!!! I'm glad you're ok! That's well scary!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

'Saved'. Is there not a better way to word this?

It's a really serious question if taken literally. So to answer literally I'd say not being able to aquire a high calibre weapon with which to blow out my brains simply and painlessly leads to the continuation of my life.

Nothing saved......I simply lack the means of achieving immediate unconsciousness.

That's my status. It's not sad but it does appear dramatic.

Immediate Oblivion escapes me.

It's total shit out there.....happiness is an evolutionary leap that will not be realised in my lifetime.

Well you could always start you own thread : what ruined your life ? ...feel free....
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Originally Posted by zendaze

It's a really serious question if taken literally. So to answer literally I'd say not being able to aquire a high calibre weapon with which to blow out my brains simply and painlessly leads to the continuation of my life.

Nothing saved......I simply lack the means of achieving immediate unconsciousness.

It's total shit out there.....happiness is an evolutionary leap that will not be realised in my lifetime.
    Wow, that's a bit heavy. Yet you come across collected and confident. What is lacking in your own world?

A bullet is not a final solution or a means to an end. The ricochet and rebound extends any disappointment from your life and makes your misery real to those who knew you & you know that. So why the weakness?
    No way am I having a dig at you, I'm more shocked or concerned that it's unlikely that you will find any happiness in life.

Maybe you are looking for happiness in the wrong place, the only person that can make you happy is you, you need to go within sunshine.

What job do you do Zendaze, what is your passion, there will be something inside of you just bursting to get out even if it is buried under layers of doom.

Heavenly Creature

So to answer literally I'd say not being able to aquire a high calibre weapon with which to blow out my brains simply and painlessly leads to the continuation of my life.
    In the dark moments of my youth I favoured the use of a hand grenade. Then I went on a course in which I learnt that they weren't all that reliable - probably improved a lot since, mind! Then I reflected on the fact that not only could I get my hands on such a weapon, but I could also make a bomb to do the same work, and then on to the inescapable fact that I had not yet done so. That led me to question my own sincerity in the matter of self-destruction. True for me at that time, maybe not true for you, every head a world, etc.

But "When you are going through Hell, keep going!" - as a great man once said. Or was that Mrs Clinton?
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, ThreeMoons

Noobie
    providence i will say.

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    I think my saving grace has been my writing. I find I do my best writing when I'm experiencing some kind of negative situation in my life or something has seriously annoyed me. I always carry a little notebook around so I can scribble something down and turn the negative emotion into something positive. I don't write one thing but a range of different things. I once was so annoyed about the Prestige tanker ship spoiling the Welsh coastline that I wrote a very long environmental piece, slapped it on my blog and a magazine saw it and asked could they use it.
    I'm pretty annoyed about something in my life at the moment and I'm writing a play 55 pages on the steam is still coming out of my ears and I'm hoping a theatre will accept it eventually.

- - - Updated - - -
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT

My dog winston saved my life! I was addicted to drugs, living a life of prostitution to pay for mine and my ex's habits, if I didn't bring back money for us I was beaten, not just a few punches but really badly beaten, anyway I woke up one morning to find that said ex had sold my dog for drugs. I walked out that day and never went back, I'm 11yrs clean and know if my winston wasn't there to be sold
    I would of been dead, I've no idea if he's still alive but I think he will of passed now, I'll never forget my staffy he was such a gentleman and loving dog

The following users think this post is groovy: Boaty McBoatface, Cobra, convoy, cricket, Ecobob, NomadicRT

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    My dog winston saved my life! I was addicted to drugs, living a life of prostitution to pay for mine and my ex's habits, if I didn't bring back money for us I was beaten, not just a few punches but really badly beaten, anyway I woke up one morning to find that said ex had sold my dog for drugs. I walked out that day and never went back, I'm 11yrs clean and know if my winston wasn't there to be sold
    I would of been dead, I've no idea if he's still alive but I think he will of passed now, I'll never forget my staffy he was such a gentleman and loving dog
    That is so sad that you had to go through selling yourself.....
    Im glad you are clean now, and yes Staffy's are the loyalest of Dogs IMHO.
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, Lightbringer

Hugs and love to us all!! I'm not saved yet! But I'm working on it

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    That is so sad that you had to go through selling yourself.....
    Im glad you are clean now, and yes Staffy's are the loyalest of Dogs IMHO.
    Hay shit happens, I regret nothing, I learnt a lot about life and people, I didn't have to take the drugs
    I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't of gone through it. Yes staffys are very very loyal, I was having an epileptic fit at the side of the road one day and he wouldn't let anyone near me, he was protecting me
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Sootyfoot

The guy i was engaged to went off with a friend.It ended.I dumped my civil service job,went to college,started wandering.Met linda with her raggle ,taggle ,dancing far out life and learnt a better way of life.She changed the path of my lfe forever...or maybe twas the mushie tea.Being alone in Nepal in the mountains .My beautiful son.Nature.Having the strength finally to end all contact with my toxic "family".Thank you White Poppy,Giving It Thought,NomadicRT and others who helped me find the strength to take that vital step,either through direct input, or by being inspired by their example.There were times in the past I thought of permanent exit.Nowadays i sit under a tree and watch the birds.It is true that toxic input/company is harmful and i for sure need to control and limit that.In retrospect, if my spirit had not been born into the hell of my "family"I would not be so strong or so mindful of loving others.Also what saved me is having the drive to leave situations,people,places that have become negative.Looking for greener grass,met lots of interesting people,done interesting things,keep on looking,oiled wheels saved me. Thanks for starting this thread Nomadic. It has really made me think about who i am.x
    Last edited by cricket; 19-10--2016 at 08:59 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, Sootyfoot, ThreeMoons

Transcending
    A crash helmet, several times.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    A crash helmet, several times.
    I would change it if I were you, brings you bad luck!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

Transcending

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    I would change it if I were you, brings you bad luck!
    My days of hooning around at stupid speeds are gone, still have the bikes but not much inclination to use them.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

This is a great thread; the heartfelt, the real and the slightly flippant
    My saving grace (for over half my life now I've just realised, wow!) has been my daughter. What a girl, I couldn't be more proud of her and that in turn makes me feel proud of myself that I had a part in giving her the foundations for her strength. I've had to stay through my dark times because I couldn't bear to leave her, even when I had awful thoughts that she'd be better off without me...so in a way it was my selfishness that saved me ha ha!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Okifolki