THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What saved your life ?

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    had a few escapades in my life where logic says I should died,like diving under the ice in antartica and running out of air, coming off a motorbike a 80 mph without any protective gear and not having a single scratch though it ruined my tee shirt and shorts. GUARDIAN ANGEL is my only explanation
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, wobblyjim

Sex
    Female

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Treemeister
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    This is a great thread; the heartfelt, the real and the slightly flippant
    My saving grace (for over half my life now I've just realised, wow!) has been my daughter. What a girl, I couldn't be more proud of her and that in turn makes me feel proud of myself that I had a part in giving her the foundations for her strength. I've had to stay through my dark times because I couldn't bear to leave her, even when I had awful thoughts that she'd be better off without me...so in a way it was my selfishness that saved me ha ha!
    I sometimes feel like that when I'm really low. Hugs
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Having people to lean on when i moved from one country to another beause of work related issues. i was abroad in India with no Family. It was a low point, i am now back in the UK but i met some amaizing people in India who are still my friends to this date who made me realise that sometimes Family shouldn't necessarily be biological
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, dollybassett, GivingItThought, Lightbringer, Roamer, wobblyjim

Sex
    Male

This and 12 month pubwatch ban.

Frame.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Ecobob, Lightbringer, Rick69

Sex
    Male

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, Rick69

Sex
    Male
    Yours frame69? Its something i wouldnt mind getting back into, probably on a smaller gauge though. I used to enjoy the construction of the scenery and the buildings more than the trains though.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Rick69
    Yours frame69? Its something i wouldnt mind getting back into, probably on a smaller gauge though. I used to enjoy the construction of the scenery and the buildings more than the trains though.
    Yes mine Rick. Unfortunately its now gone to make room for the MK 2 model.
    Frame.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by frame69

I love these
    I love the scenery and everything when all out together, like the detail that goes into a village model, amazing! Very very talented people!
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, frame69

Sex
    Male
    Re-evaluating my diet. For years I believed all the corporate claptrap about diet. In 2003 I found out salt was not the poisonous stuff we always told it was. I also found out that it was trans fat found in margarine that does your heart in not saturated fat. As a change of my diet I managed to give up smoking.
    Depending on the company you keep can bring out the best in you, or the worst in you.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Ecobob, Lightbringer

Amateur photographer EnglishLens's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    What's saved my life? Not smoking, not taking pharmaceutical drugs ( that includes aspirin, indigestion pills, antibiotics etc. ) computers ( to work with not to eat ).
    View my picture galleries at http://JazzPics.com
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer

Tuning In
    Sex
    Female
    Mother nature, many, many times.

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, GivingItThought, Lightbringer

Still not saved......swimming upstream by necessity...the downstream current would drown me QuickTime.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob

Tuning In
    Sex
    Male
    wow im not alone.

in the past going to the gym sorted me out along with long walks stopping drinking also has helped greatly .... got to restart that one.
    actualized guy on yt is very good a real eye opener.

reading this has made me think hard about life.
    thanks everybody

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    A DJ saved my life
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, dollybassett, frame69, Lightbringer

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by ma bungo
    A DJ saved my life
    Oh? When was that?

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by realnutter
    Oh? When was that?

Well , as it happens last night
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, frame69, Lightbringer

Sex
    Male

Well , as it happens last night
    And how did he save your life?

Sex
    Female

A DJ saved my life
    Chooon

Sex
    Female

Funny you should say that, he was so annoying , I went to turn the radio off, and as I was doing that , I fell over and noticed a 2 coin on the floor , so I could nip out and get some more cider , it was a 10 mile round walk . but i got cider and a free gym session , as I jogged on the way there
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer, realnutter

Sex
    Female

Funny you should say that, he was so annoying , I went to turn the radio off, and as I was doing that , I fell over and noticed a 2 coin on the floor , so I could nip out and get some more cider , it was a 10 mile round walk . but i got cider and a free gym session , as I jogged on the way there

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    My dog winston saved my life! I was addicted to drugs, living a life of prostitution to pay for mine and my ex's habits, if I didn't bring back money for us I was beaten, not just a few punches but really badly beaten, anyway I woke up one morning to find that said ex had sold my dog for drugs. I walked out that day and never went back, I'm 11yrs clean and know if my winston wasn't there to be sold
    I would of been dead, I've no idea if he's still alive but I think he will of passed now, I'll never forget my staffy he was such a gentleman and loving dog
    Oh LB, that is so sad, that really breaks my heart xx

Sex
    Male

youd WALK 10 miles to get cider?
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket

Sex
    Female

What saved my life was my Reiki healing and working with Angels and a man named Ron. I have always been weird, thought differently and never bought into the 'be like everyone else' brigade, but growing up that often left me on the outside and a bit isolated, I could never work out why I was like that, why I could see things and know stuff that others didn't.

In January 2006 I met a guy called Ron, I was working in a shop that sold stones, crystals, healing books etc, my father had just died and Ron came into the shop with his wife and just stood in front of me just looking at me and said I was a very powerful healer and it was time to stop running away from it, we had an amazing chat about healing and he told me things about my dad he could never have known

Anyway I did my training - took me about 8 years, but now I make sense and my life makes sense and the work I do makes sense. I never saw Ron again until last October, nearly 10 years earlier he had given me a piece of paper with his details on and I had put it into a box never to be seen again, but last Oct I was in Ireland and I went into my box (plastic box with all my important papers and photos in) opened the lid and there on the top of all my stuff was the note Ron had given me, so on impulse I rang his number and said do you remember me and he said yes I have been waiting for you to call - so that is that
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Cobra, cricket, Duckman, Lightbringer, milly, nicklincs, NomadicRT, nomis, Sootyfoot