THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What saved your life ?

Going through some of the darkest parts of my life saved me in a sense. Some of the things I went through that appeared incredibly destructive were actually a necessary part of processing something and eventually allowed me to move forward. Following that travel helped me massively. The ability to move on and start fresh, give myself another chance somewhere else. I think meeting my girlfriend has also played a massive part in creating a sense of security, calmness and confidence that prevents me falling back into a dark place.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Lightbringer, nicklincs, nomis

I spose warm clothes and a sleeping bag may have saved my life now and then.

Being nice may have worked from time to time and being appropriately nasty has worked too.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Fire-Tree, Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by dollybassett
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    What saved my life was my Reiki healing and working with Angels and a man named Ron. I have always been weird, thought differently and never bought into the 'be like everyone else' brigade, but growing up that often left me on the outside and a bit isolated, I could never work out why I was like that, why I could see things and know stuff that others didn't.

In January 2006 I met a guy called Ron, I was working in a shop that sold stones, crystals, healing books etc, my father had just died and Ron came into the shop with his wife and just stood in front of me just looking at me and said I was a very powerful healer and it was time to stop running away from it, we had an amazing chat about healing and he told me things about my dad he could never have known

Anyway I did my training - took me about 8 years, but now I make sense and my life makes sense and the work I do makes sense. I never saw Ron again until last October, nearly 10 years earlier he had given me a piece of paper with his details on and I had put it into a box never to be seen again, but last Oct I was in Ireland and I went into my box (plastic box with all my important papers and photos in) opened the lid and there on the top of all my stuff was the note Ron had given me, so on impulse I rang his number and said do you remember me and he said yes I have been waiting for you to call - so that is that
    Wow that's amazing!!
    My friend used to do healing, i think it's the most relaxing feeling in the world
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, dollybassett

Dhyllis my van has saved me lately, as I can get away then things get too much

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer, nicklincs

Originally Posted by Markrob
    You missed roamers party

She never invited me

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

She never invited me
    She did

I love the name Dhyllis for a van name, is that welsh

I love the name Dhyllis for a van name, is that welsh
    Yeah it is, I've always loved that name and when I got my van it had a Welsh dragon sticker on the front so I thought it was a fitting name

The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket, Danann, Ecobob, nicklincs, Sootyfoot

Yeah it is, I've always loved that name and when I got my van it had a Welsh dragon sticker on the front so I thought it was a fitting name

Lovely looking van, the name suits

Lovely looking van, the name suits
    Thank you

This is my happy place, in here parked on a quiet lane

The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, cricket, Danann, dollybassett, Fire-Tree, Lightbringer, nicklincs, NomadicRT, Sootyfoot

Not Quite a Noobie
    Well, I'm going through a breakup right now. I went on a 3 day drinking bender. If anyone ever tells you, you can drink yourself sober. tell them they are lying. I went to a doctors last week, coming out of my 3 days of havoc. I wanted it all to end.

They said one think to me. ''You have an amazing little boy'' So since then, I have been a little down, but coping. I also saved myself in a car crash one by wearing my seat belt.

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Learning to appreciate things for myself. Putting my own value upon things. Judging myself by my own words and not the words of others.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by Oakley
    Well, I'm going through a breakup right now. I went on a 3 day drinking bender. If anyone ever tells you, you can drink yourself sober. tell them they are lying. I went to a doctors last week, coming out of my 3 days of havoc. I wanted it all to end.

They said one think to me. ''You have an amazing little boy'' So since then, I have been a little down, but coping. I also saved myself in a car crash one by wearing my seat belt.
    What can I say? It will get better but only you can make that happen.

Oh and seat belts they do work don't they? I once ended up in a ditch (as a passenger) and the seatbelt stopped me from going through the windscreen, got out of the car , pretty much nu-scathed, only to fall over in the ditch and crack a rib.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, dollybassett, Lightbringer

A off duty Jamaican paramedic saved both me, my then girlfriend and her two (full term) unborn babies.
    He was following in a vehicle behind us. God knows what happened. It was middle of night. We were upside down, van on its roof in the middle of the road. Both unconscious. The vehicle was on fire in the engine bay. Luckily, the flames were going up and only burning brake pipes and two front tyres.
    The Jamaican paramedic couldn't get a signal on his phone to get help. He delivered the two babies (a boy and a girl) at the side of the road.
    The Jamaican paramedic was brilliant, he stayed at the hospital with my gf and the two babies till the next day.
    I woke up in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, with just bruises and was discharged next morning. My g/f was in a coma for 6 days.
    On the 7th day she came round to find me sitting at the side of her bed, with her two babies in cots next to her.
    She couldn't remember anything of the accident and nothing of giving birth.
    I explained that since the hospital didn't know how long she could be in a coma or even if she would ever recover. It was best to give the two babies names. I suggested, since the Jamaican paramedic had saved us both, that he should name the two babies for her. My gf looked confused and asked their names. I said the little girl is called Deniece (after a American singer songwriter, Deniece Williams)
    and the boy is called Denephew.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Cobra, Danann, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    A off duty Jamaican paramedic saved both me, my then girlfriend and her two (full term) unborn babies.
    He was following in a vehicle behind us. God knows what happened. It was middle of night. We were upside down, van on its roof in the middle of the road. Both unconscious. The vehicle was on fire in the engine bay. Luckily, the flames were going up and only burning brake pipes and two front tyres.
    The Jamaican paramedic couldn't get a signal on his phone to get help. He delivered the two babies (a boy and a girl) at the side of the road.
    The Jamaican paramedic was brilliant, he stayed at the hospital with my gf and the two babies till the next day.
    I woke up in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, with just bruises and was discharged next morning. My g/f was in a coma for 6 days.
    On the 7th day she came round to find me sitting at the side of her bed, with her two babies in cots next to her.
    She couldn't remember anything of the accident and nothing of giving birth.
    I explained that since the hospital didn't know how long she could be in a coma or even if she would ever recover. It was best to give the two babies names. I suggested, since the Jamaican paramedic had saved us both, that he should name the two babies for her. My gf looked confused and asked their names. I said the little girl is called Deniece (after a American singer songwriter, Deniece Williams)
    and the boy is called Denephew.
    that is fecking atrocious , remind me not to remind you when the festivities resume at funny street
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer

Never judge someone by the opinion of others.

Literally a compass when i was lost in the fog on pillar mountain in the lakes. Very scary. Nearly walked off a shear drop in the fog luckilly took a bearing or two on the way up. I sont jnow what will save me at the moment my ex is in a mental hospital and its had a knock on effect to me.

A girl named Gail

PⒶUL
    PⒶUL
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Heavenly Creature
    Moving into the van.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Brynhyffryd, Danann, Markrob, NickJ, nicklincs, parrotandcrow, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Oakley

A
    Big Mahoooosive ((((Hugggs)))) Of Love And Healing Oakley.
    Form From The Void & Mists

What saved my life:
    1. God
    2. Weed
    3. Insanity
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    Moving into the van.
    I'll second that.

Last year with over a year to serve on my business lease I felt like I was drowning. I couldnt do any of the things that make me, ME.

Less than 4 months into van living and I have managed to get an early surrender on my business lease (i needed my van because I was also living here).

Today I got paid and for the first time in years I put some into savings. I need to build a fix my van fund. But I'm finding I can plan alsorts now.

Over the next few days I will be booking ferries to and from Ireland for a summer road trip 😎

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Lightbringer, nicklincs, parrotandcrow, Rick69, Sootyfoot