THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Buddhafield: Green Earth Awakening Camp 2016

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar

Smile Buddhafield: Green Earth Awakening Camp 2016

There are still tickets for this beautiful camp on the blackdown hills in just under two weeks time.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    is the programme

This year's theme is Courageous Compassion
    From the website:
    "It takes courage to open up to suffering, whether our own or that of others. Our habitual responses towards suffering tend to be to ignore it, to withdraw, to react with anxiety, or to engage in compulsive activity. Within the Buddhist tradition, the archetypal figure of Tara exemplifies opening up to suffering with courageous compassion. She has one leg folded up in the posture of profound meditation, and the other leg firmly in the world ready for compassionate action. Her sublime meditation informs and motivates her compassionate response. Only a heart that is tranquil and liberated through compassion can see things as they truly are, and take action accordingly.

Tara exemplifies the genuine compassion, born of wisdom, that, although often obscured, is natural to every one of us. This year we will explore how to cultivate the courage to open up to the suffering we see in the world in this moment, as well as to the suffering of future beings who are affected by our actions now, and to respond with wisdom and compassionate action."

You can find me in the healing garden offering Reiki and Intuitive therapeutic touch, debriefing and new for this year's camp is a nightly fire in the healing garden space for those who wish to sit around the fire and meditate and be peaceful away from the more lively communal fire.

We will have the glastonbury red-tent in the healing garden again this year offering various workshops and a relaxing space to come and take a siesta or get out of the midday sun
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come and say hi

"
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

I enjoyed the Buddhafields festival this year. Is the Green Earth Awakening Camp going to be much of the same Sarah?

lone wolf survivalist.
    do they move the Buddafield festival around the country? I seem to remember one year it was on the edge of Dartmoor.

Hey Steve... Yep buddhafield the micro version
    held on the old Buddha field site which is a few miles along the ridge from the big festi site....top field is parking and live-ins and everything else on lower field surrounded by ancient trees

Tis lush you guys would love it xxx

Hey hagrid...yes they use a variety of locations around the west country as far as I know

lone wolf survivalist.

Originally Posted by Sarah
    Hey hagrid...yes they use a variety of locations around the west country as far as I know
    thought that was the case!
    we used to go to The Big Green Gathering every year when it was held in Somerset but it got closed down due to over licencing and security concerns making it financially unviable, I see Priddy Fair has gone the same way too.

Heavenly Creature
    Does this field contain monks?

Possibly brynhyffryd...

Heavenly Creature
    I have this outsiders vision of Buddhism as a) B. with monks b) B. without monks. Probably ridiculously simplistic.

I don't get the charge. .....as with most festivals......It disgusts me somewhat......and ID like to see a transparent publication of how the fee is derived.

Originally Posted by zendaze
    I don't get the charge. .....as with most festivals......It disgusts me somewhat......and ID like to see a transparent publication of how the fee is derived.
    I suppose it's the structure of this organisation. They are all for profit and inclusion, running a tight ship. Also they are actively raising money to buy and extend the organisations land ownership as a business (with a means to an end) independence, potential self sustainability.