THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: The One Show BBC 1 21/9/2016

Sex
    Female

The One Show BBC 1 21/9/2016

Anyone watch it?Nice little segment on Self Sufficient lifestyles.Part of it filmed at The Lammas Community,in Wales.Looked very nice too.Info on John Seymour,read his books!Disliked Monty Dons comments re this lifestyle choice though.Grrrr
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    What were Monty Dons comments.?.i didnt see the prog ..no tv...though im.not terribly keen on seeing our lifestyle choices featured as filler articles in popular tv they never do the subject justice and attracts the wrong kind of attention usually.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer

Sex
    Male
    No offense but I can't think of much worse than having to sit through an episode of the one show.
    Just my opinion mind so don't take it to heart.

It's not without trying, I did try and watch an episode once, but was overcome with an extremely strong urge to lob something at the telly, so I was forced to switch it off and do something less boring instead.
    It was when Chris Evans was presenting it so he may or may not still be there.
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, cricket, Lightbringer

Sex
    Female
    Tbh we hardly ever watch the One Show.Just happened to be flicking thru channels and happened to hear what their next segment was.Chris Evans?I cannot stand that guy!

Sex
    Male
    Chris Evans is just awful
    just a simple guy

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Didn't see it, haven't got a telly, but these things never mention how difficult it's made for us trying to live our way, just constantly demonised.