THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: The Hours

Sex
    Male

The Hours

What did anyone think of The Hours? I generally liked it but I was a tad confused about the part where Laura Brown played by Julianne Moore is lying on the bed and sea water is coming in around the bed.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Depending on the company you keep can bring out the best in you, or the worst in you.

Sex
    Male
    What?

Sex
    Male
    Everyones an Island.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    Everyones an Island.
    Islands are just the bit you can see above the water. All land is connected if you move the water, and so are we.

Sex
    Male
    It sounds like you guys have never ever heard of The Hours. It was quite controversial when it came out . I first saw it when traveling on a third world airline called Guruda back to the UK. Some people did not ever recognize Nicole Kidman. Anyway it has three different story lines that have similarities to each other and there is sometimes duplication of dialogue.
    Depending on the company you keep can bring out the best in you, or the worst in you.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    Islands are just the bit you can see above the water. All land is connected if you move the water, and so are we.
    sure, I bet there's a carpet next to the bed when her room drys out!

Sex
    Male
    I don't think I have watched the film to be honest. I wouldn't recognise Nicole Kidman if she presented the 6 O'clock news either.

Sex
    Male
    The scene I was referring to is in this clip,

Since no one here seems to have even heard of the film here is the trailer,

Sex
    Male
    I think I have worked out. Laura Brown is projecting herself on to the character of Mrs Dalloway from the novel of the same name and Mrs Dalloway is contemplating suicide. The water coming around the bed and drowning Laura Brown is happening i her imagination.