THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parking in the country

Amateur photographer EnglishLens's Avatar

Parking in the country

It has been suggested that I spend too much time in cafes and restaurants, so I'm going to spend moretime out in the English countryside( now that winter approaches). Here is a picture of my lunch venue on the West Sussex border.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    View my picture galleries at http://JazzPics.com

And this is me in the woods a couple of months ago.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by EnglishLens
    It has been suggested that I spend too much time in cafes and restaurants, so I'm going to spend moretime out in the English countryside( now that winter approaches). Here is a picture of my lunch venue on the West Sussex border.

Thats a much better view than from a mc shite window. Just get a folding table and youve got your office sorted!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, cricket, dollybassett, hagrid, ma bungo, Sootyfoot

lone wolf survivalist.

And this is me in the woods a couple of months ago.

now that's more like it.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, Sootyfoot

It's a good job I had a veggie lunch today with this lot next to me.

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Itinerant_Genius, nicklincs

Here is another pleasant lunchtime break. I don't know why I keep returning to the town. I'm tempted to get a larger van, and become less dependent on public facilities.

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, GivingItThought, nicklincs, Rick69

Transcending

Here is another pleasant lunchtime break. I don't know why I keep returning to the town. I'm tempted to get a larger van, and become less dependent on public facilities.

I think you'd find that a lot more satisfying, English. Most of the inside of my van isn't working at the mo, lol, but when it is being able to pull up wherever you fancy, cook some lunch, make yourself a cup of tea and then sit and admire the view is lovely. We were at the coast at the weekend, beautiful sunny day and after lunch I'd have quite happily made the bed up and had a little snooze as well
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, NomadicRT

I missbeing able to go into the coastal car park I enjoyed. I'm even considering removing the top box so that I can get into the park. I've only opened the box twice this month.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Would yoi not be better.off with a small camping trailer just for when you go a long trip away and ditch the roof box.? ...but really i think uou just need a bigger van
    did you sort your bed base out yet?
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

It's finding somewhere to leave the trailer when it's not in use. If you remember, I was thinking of converting the Berlingo into a trailer that looked like a van.

I need to look for a bed base. I've got some friends with health problems ( one is in the renal ward in Hospital), and I got distracted by needing to build some traffic and ad server Internet domains.

I'm also trying to de-clutter. I need to get to some old tyres so that I can give them to the farmer to use on his clamp.

A larger van would make life easier, but I need to decide what I want to be doing next year. I can cope with the Berlingo/Scudo combination at the moment.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Sounds like you do too much for other people and not enough for yourself

I cant decide what im to do tomorrow so next years got no chance....too far away
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, EnglishLens

It's al PR

A lot of people are good to me though, and I like to give something in return.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, patchypete, ursus

Tuning In
    just a bit nosey , how do you make cash on the road.

Originally Posted by WREKAGE
    well in Spain...........

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

In asia.......

Originally Posted by WREKAGE
    Well I'm lucky, I can manage on my small pension.

However, I am building a network of websites, and I hope to use those to provide an income stream. I also deal in domain names, but at the moment, I'm keeping them as an investment, rather than selling them.

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar

A great spot in the Limousin for a picnic,a few beers and to watch a welsh rugby game
    Last edited by itinerant child; 23-11--2016 at 07:44 AM.
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Complete freedom with pure fresh water stream running by.

This is at about ten thousand feet up in the french alps

An incredably tranquil forest in the middle of the morvan national park in Burgundy. One of many similar types of park up in that area.

Tuning In
    Those last 2 pics are not showing

Glad your discovering some of the prettier parts of the countryside to reside in Englishlen. I was beginning to wonder if you were no more than a tramp on wheels, with the daily Mc reports. I like the stickers too. Shows your on a mission and have somewhere else to be tomorrow. Good decoy, make folk think your eccentric and only passing through.

indeed,a traveller and not a traveller !!

will try and get those two links back up again later. They were there this morning ??????????

Let me try again then with the alps park up

BOLLOX,wrong photo,though that was a nice spot.

should be this one