Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Parking in the country

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    This is another of my favourite places

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Voila,off back to watching vikings now,back later xx
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Looks lovely IT. Loving the big crusty van with a satellite dish outside heh
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

itinerant child, you know the way it is ment to be done. A view like those will keep you alive and well, in both mind and body. Money can't buy it, but a little money can make it yours. Beautiful.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew

Originally Posted by emmadilemma
    Looks lovely IT. Loving the big crusty van with a satellite dish outside heh
    It only comes out when wales are playing,apart from that I find tv tres dull !!

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    itinerant child, you know the way it is ment to be done. A view like those will keep you alive and well, in both mind and body. Money can't buy it, but a little money can make it yours. Beautiful.
    You are absolutely right. I spend a good few months every year in places like those and they are a large part of why I am so happy and content. Nature,space and tranquility are huge energy boosters

True enough to that it is just for a little money. I had four work cancellations in a row earlier this year,so I was thrifty with my money and stocked up on food and buggered of into the alps for three to four months where everything was free and wonderful. xx

Heavenly Creature
    them photos are stunning mate

Originally Posted by convoy
    them photos are stunning mate
    They are indeed,however the photo does not touch upon the reality of being there with the cool fresh air,the fresh water,the bells on the cattle,the marmots whistling,and the feeling of both a great connection and yet an insignificance at the same time.
    Everyone should try and make sure they get a visit to the mountains one day.

love and light

fly xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: GivingItThought

Views like this from the van are inspirational too x

Dont know why those last links worked this morning and not now,will try and find a bit of time later to replace them.

Thanks for all the groovy's,I thought that most of you would appreciate such beauty xx

Will try for one of my morning views from my door again

Tuning In
    Absolutly beautiful

Originally Posted by itinerant child
    Will try for one of my morning views from my door again

Wow,simply stunning.
    The trouble is, you think you have time.

here is another one then

You may now be getting the idea that I like being high
    The following users think this post is groovy: Itinerant_Genius, nicklincs, patchypete, ursus

This one is from the side of a small lake next to a little village in Burgundy where I go a few times a year.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Itinerant_Genius, nicklincs, patchypete, Petew, Rick69, ursus

Really great pictures you guys.
    Like your name Itinerant Child. :-)

Not Quite a Noobie
    Hi Itinerant - could you tell me more about your satellite dish and what I might need to do & buy, so I could get satellite access for tv and internet etc on the road? (Kit, power source, contracts, providers etc?) Am totally non-techy, so in words of one syllable or less if pos. please

Originally Posted by ctaniab
    Hi Itinerant - could you tell me more about your satellite dish and what I might need to do & buy, so I could get satellite access for tv and internet etc on the road? (Kit, power source, contracts, providers etc?) Am totally non-techy, so in words of one syllable or less if pos. please
    Bonjour, here is the kit that I bought,which they do not have any in stock at the moment. it cost me about 150 quid,though there are cheaper ones out there

If you search around on the net,you will find similar type packages. It was a dish,lnb arm,decoder-receiver and remote,and tripod.

Apart from that you will obviously need a tv,so go as flat as you can and do not go too big as this saves on the amount of leccy you will take from your leasure battery. You will need a converter to connect to your battery so that you can plug straight into it.

If you have any leccy based questions there are quite a few posts going back through the nomadic section,if you can not find what you need there,then create another post asking about it.

Internet on the road,I can not advise you on geeting it in the vehicle as I get mine from places that have got wifi. A coffee in mcdo,park outside a campsite or hotel,or lots of pubs and cafe's have wifi too.

For the tv there are no contracts or anything,though there is the subject of tv licences in most countries if that is an issue for you !!!!

Good luck with sorting it out

Love and light

fly xx

Not Quite a Noobie
    Uber :-) Many thanks

Originally Posted by ctaniab
    Uber :-) Many thanks
    Where are you planning to use satellite ? uk ? europe ? and do you want both tv and internet on satellite ?
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child

Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Where are you planning to use satellite ? uk ? europe ? and do you want both tv and internet on satellite ?
    That is a valid point,as the size of your dish dictates how far you can go and still get a uk signal. I can use it fine in the uk and am ok with that 65 cms dish down through most of France,right down the Swiss border and a bit of the border with Italy too. Its worth having a few slats of wood and slate with you to help level it too as if you are a gnats pube out when you are stretching the limit you will not get anything,it really needs to be that precise. However,Brittany,burgundy and down to the massif central I have no problems in locking onto the signal within a matter of seconds. A small compass helps lots,so you can evaluate if there may be any hills,trees,mountains etc blocking your signal where you park up. Sometimes you may not get a signal then you move a few feet away and all of a sudden you get one,and that canbe distant hills blocking it.
    My current clients here in the south of france had no luck with a large dish on their house,so are getting wifi tv,which I know nothing about,and would imagine that a landline is needed. worth checking out though.

Bonne chance xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT