THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Jean Alexander

Jean Alexander

RIP Jean Alexander aka Hilda Ogden
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan, ma bungo, Offgrid hero, Wulfie

Good character Hilda Ogden , a hard nosed , working class, northern battle axe and her lazy husband. RIP.

Noobie
    I hadn't heard of this - self imposed News and Faceache ban. I was raised on watching 'Corrie', loved it, and Hilda was my all-time favourite character. About 20 years ago, while on a train from Southport to Liverpool with my 2 young daughters, I looked up from my seat, and there she was, the lovely Jean Alexander, sat directly in front of me - knees almost touching!
    When I realised it was her, she saw my eyes widen, and gave me a little smile and a cheeky wink. I think she knew I wasn't about to invade her privacy, and I like to think she appreciated that.
    A lovely lady, with a huge talent.
    "Rest well in the next world, Jean Alexander"
    Xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

what a brilliant actress ..... R.I.P
    "The best way to get something done , is to begin "

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Only just seen this, I don't like or watch soaps but do remember her from the early days of C St. . Back in the mid '70,s I had a mini tour of the "Street" when I was at art college up there and had a pee next to her stage husband Bernard Youens in the pub round the corner.
    I think her best role was Auntie Wainwright in Last of the Summer Wine.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Heavenly Creature
    How we all crave association with fame!

I can honestly claim to have shared a lift with her in the Granada building. Something tells me I should start working on her biography, mentioning our brief but deep friendship, of course.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    How we all crave association with fame!

I can honestly claim to have shared a lift with her in the Granada building. Something tells me I should start working on her biography, mentioning our brief but deep friendship, of course.
    Did the lift get stuck ?
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

No more Auntie Wainwright