THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SAD

Sex
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I get SAD, mainly when it's wet and grey for days on end as I work outside and I just feel trapped and bored out my mind
    I wish we had cold frosty clear days I don't mind that at all or snow as someone else said because it's brighter
    Bring on the snow!!!

Turning On
    Sex
    Male
    Yeah can't beat a bit of the white stuff 😉
    It's a nice clear cold night now just been standing out back looking at the stars, clear as clear

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I am of the opinion that the UK has a problem with people and their vitamin D levels. I take 100 per cent of my vitamin D intake everyday via a capsule. When I confessed this to the Doc in work (I have a full MOT every year as part of my contract) she was horrified and insist I stop. I said I would stop if she gave me a blood test and it showed that my levels were over the top. Bloods came back I am barely in the normal range despite being outside in the sunshine and taking 100 per cent of my RDA. I eat a very healthy diet but Vitamin D is not present in that many foods. It is a compulsory additive to margarine in the UK but unless you want to pack your heart in this is not the answer.
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Uncle jhad

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Couldn't agree more Moony, I have been banging on about this for years, and those that have listened and acted have always noticed the difference
    The following users think this post is groovy: ThreeMoons

Turning On
    Sex
    Male
    Which brand of supplement do you recommend?

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which brand of supplement do you recommend?

I buy a brand called 'My Protein' not for any particular preference - it is the only brand I can get in my nearest town without ordering off the internet.
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Petew