THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: best sim only phone deal

Tuning In

best sim only phone deal

hi guys,title says it all really was wondering what the best sim only mobile deals you have come across? cheers mark

Chilling Out

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by treeboy
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    hi guys,title says it all really was wondering what the best sim only mobile deals you have come across? cheers mark
    ​Hi I have been with giffgaff since it started up , no complaints 5 a month
    The following users think this post is groovy: treeboy

Go through uswitch or similar to get the best deal
    just a simple guy

Dont forget your location could matter, you cant get a decent vodafone signal round here which rules them out for me.

I know a lot of people who have switched to giffgaff

Tuning In

Originally Posted by Rick69
    Dont forget your location could matter, you cant get a decent vodafone signal round here which rules them out for me.
    spot on mate,im with vodaphone at the moment! often have to walk up the lane to make a call!

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    I know a lot of people who have switched to
    I've been using
    for a while now and, so long as you're not travelling abroad (roaming costs), it's just as good as any of the main networks. If you use
    you'll get some free credit once you activate your sim.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, treeboy

I tested the ee network in my area before signing up to life mobile rolling monthly sim by getting a free asda pay as you go sim (runs on ee) and used it for a week to give the coverage a good test.
    just a simple guy

Originally Posted by Paul
    I've been using
    for a while now and, so long as you're not travelling abroad (roaming costs), it's just as good as any of the main networks. If you use
    you'll get some free credit once you activate your sim.
    Ooo thank you very much

Ordered one
    i used your eBay one to order something last night, hope it helps

The following users think this post is groovy: Paul

Chilling Out

Originally Posted by Rick69
    Yeh see I have a duel sim phone , one giff gaff sim for outgoing use ( cheap) and a T moblie / EE one so I normally get a signal on one or t other
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, treeboy

Depends what you want......giff gaff is brill for potentially unlimited internet if you pay attention to the peak/off-peak rules....otherwise 3 for unlimited internet.

Both will probably offer sufficient texts and call minutes.

Giff Gaff aint even 2g where i live...go a mile up the road OUT of the Village to Moors and 4G!?
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Ah yes, giffgaff. Sounds familiar, Sooty. It suits me well enough to have no signal, as I don't like talking on the phone, but the occasional time I need to use it, it's a pain trying to find somewhere it will

A: Ring out, and
    B: Not sound like the person on the other end is underwater.

My younger sister often tries to ring me, and if (when) it doesn't work calls it the Ramtops Restrictor. It ain't only the village though, it's the giffgaff signal.

Giffgaff uses the o2 network. I believe they have a lower priority than tesco customers, which also uses the o2 network.

I think I'm going to swap to this one,virgin,4g,one month contract,2500 mins, unlimited texts,6GB,free wi-fi @ 12 per month and data rollover.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

lone wolf survivalist.

Originally Posted by Offgrid hero
    I think I'm going to swap to this one,virgin,4g,one month contract,2500 mins, unlimited texts,6GB,free wi-fi @ 12 per month and data rollover.
    i'm on virgin pay as you go and the reception isn't that good, its also quite expensive, I think 3 is the cheapest or so i'm told.

I can only get 3g in my area on ee as far as I know but I haven't tested 3 before.
    just a simple guy

Transcending
    My EE costs 4.87 per month. I don't know how many free calls and texts there are, but I've never had to pay extra.

My phone is my only access to the internet so a 3g signal and a good deal on data is important.
    just a simple guy