THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightbringer

Lightbringer

My thread!! Just gonna share random crap. I can have a thread too you know!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, cricket, essexcamper, nomis

have a picture of Betty Paige
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, cricket, nomis

My day in pictures

This is what happens when lighting strikes and sets a hay barn on fire

Walking down the back lane with my girls

Felt sick after eating this!

We traveled up to my grandparents farm between Penrith and Carlisle, stopped at tee bay services and had a picnic in the sunshine,
    Was very sad to see my grandma go down hill
    she is 90 though so I guess it shouldn't be a shock. Still my granny is like a mum to me.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, mankhater, NomadicRT, nomis, ursus, wobblyjim

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    have a picture of Betty Paige

She's beautiful

I sang this yesterday
    singing makes me happy

The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper

Oh I've pissed sooo many people off making everyone happy is just impossible, people have blocked me and yes you can find out! Opened up to people about being so lonely and they all fuck off! Says more about them than me I guess, or does it :/ And it's all come to talking to myself on a forum. Come on Lucy get back up!!

The following users think this post is groovy: mankhater, Mikefc61, naturalspirit

Hey talking to yourself is sometimes the only way to get a decent conversation
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper, Lightbringer, Mikefc61, nomis

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Oh I've pissed sooo many people off making everyone happy is just impossible, people have blocked me and yes you can find out! Opened up to people about being so lonely and they all fuck off! Says more about them than me I guess, or does it :/ And it's all come to talking to myself on a forum. Come on Lucy get back up!!
    You cant please all the people all the time x
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, nomis

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    Hey talking to yourself is sometimes the only way to get a decent conversation
    Yeah sometimes seems that way

Originally Posted by essexcamper
    You cant please all the people all the time x
    I've realised that, I've always tried to keep everyone happy, it's so draining
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, frame69

I've realised that, I've always tried to keep everyone happy, it's so draining
    Well you put a smile on my face

As for the rest who are grumpy ,,,

As for me.

The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, frame69, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by essexcamper
    Well you put a smile on my face

As for the rest who are grumpy ,,,

As for me.

Lol thank you

I'm sure you aren't heartless

Sorry been busy n thanks for sharing ur day

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Transcending

Why not stop trying to make people happy, just be yourself, you're interesting and smart. You don't want people to interact with some made-up-make-people-happy-persona, that wouldn't be real anyway.

Who wants to spend their time as an actor ? Tell it like it is. If you think someone is an arse, say so. Start with me if you like, I won't take offence if it's honest.

Originally Posted by Boaty McBoatface
    Why not stop trying to make people happy, just be yourself, you're interesting and smart. You don't want people to interact with some made-up-make-people-happy-persona, that wouldn't be real anyway.

Who wants to spend their time as an actor ? Tell it like it is. If you think someone is an arse, say so. Start with me if you like, I won't take offence if it's honest.
    I can't start with you because I can't remember what you've said to me! My memory is getting worse and worse, I'm 33 ffs and I have to ring my oh up most days because I can't remember what time I have to pick my children up, even though it's the same time every week day!

Transcending

I can't start with you because I can't remember what you've said to me! My memory is getting worse and worse, I'm 33 ffs and I have to ring my oh up most days because I can't remember what time I have to pick my children up, even though it's the same time every week day!
    I can imagine that is scary and stressfull. You must feel like you are losing control, but you're not the first person it's happened to.

Perhaps the forum could suggest some ways to help out - after all that's what the forums are good for.

From my own experience, stress caused confusion. When I've been really stressed before I've felt like my head was stuffed tight with cotton wool, I knew I had things to do but couldn't seem to start them - didn't know where to start - it was a kind of mental paralysis and the longer it went on the worse I felt, until all I wanted to do was go to bed and sleep.

Do you feel like this at all ? If so, you might be suffering severe stress. It's as real as a broken leg.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, wobblyjim, yazz

I can imagine that is scary and stressfull. You must feel like you are losing control, but you're not the first person it's happened to.

Perhaps the forum could suggest some ways to help out - after all that's what the forums are good for.

From my own experience, stress caused confusion. When I've been really stressed before I've felt like my head was stuffed tight with cotton wool, I knew I had things to do but couldn't seem to start them - didn't know where to start - it was a kind of mental paralysis and the longer it went on the worse I felt, until all I wanted to do was go to bed and sleep.

Do you feel like this at all ? If so, you might be suffering severe stress. It's as real as a broken leg.
    I feel exactly! Like that and then I'm wide awake at night because my brain won't shut down
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Transcending

I feel exactly! Like that and then I'm wide awake at night because my brain won't shut down
    That's it, your mind racing with all the things you know you should have done in the day, but now it's late, and you can't sleep. In the morning you can't even remember feeling sleepy, but at some point your brain just shut off like a light through exhaustion.

I find that a good method to help clear the head of the maelstrom going on between your ears, is to get a note book and write everything down,
    all of it, all of the stuff that goes around and around your head, get it on paper.

That simple act unloads a whole lot of data from your thoughts, you won't forget any of it because you have written it down.

That should enable you to drop these thoughts as soon as they pop up, just remind yourself that its on the page so can be dealt with in due course.

once you have done a brain dump, you can then start to relax with a lighter mental load.- and have some fun.

as a new, or old issue enters your head, write it down.

its a jedi mind technique to help you set aside the big pile of issues and deal with them in a way that is easy to manage.

like, look at the list at your own pace, hilite the urgent or higher priority things, deal with them and cross them off the list.

creates a bit of order out of chaos, makes the chaos easier to overcome

works for me, I've got notebooks everywhere going back years
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

That's it, your mind racing with all the things you know you should have done in the day, but now it's late, and you can't sleep. In the morning you can't even remember feeling sleepy, but at some point your brain just shut off like a light through exhaustion.
    How can I get help though? My doctors are really bad at helping me with anything.

Transcending
    I'm no expert, but I can share what helped me, maybe you can modify it to help you.

I discovered that I needed to do something that demanded 100% of my concentration for a couple of hours. In retrospect it was probably distracting my subconscious for a while. I took up riding trials motorcycles, it's very demanding and you can't think of anything else whilst you do it. After a couple of hours on a Sunday I actually felt refreshed, not tired at all. My wife noticed the difference straight away, and on days when I didn't feel up to it she would encourage me to go and I always felt better for it. I think it broke the cycle, because after a couple of months I felt much happier all round.

That was many years ago, but I still have my trials bike, just in case.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, Sootyfoot

I lost it with a self service check out once, it kept saying there was something in the bagging area and there wasn't, I kicked it and screamed fuck off at it. Everyone who could see me in Asda stopped and looked at me like I was crazy. Its quite funny when I look back at it. See I can remember crap like that!

Transcending
    That looks like good advice from Wobbly too - I knew the forum would have some answers, after all I'll bet most of us have gone through something similar.

I'm no expert, but I can share what helped me, maybe you can modify it to help you.

I discovered that I needed to do something that demanded 100% of my concentration for a couple of hours. In retrospect it was probably distracting my subconscious for a while. I took up riding trials motorcycles, it's very demanding and you can't think of anything else whilst you do it. After a couple of hours on a Sunday I actually felt refreshed, not tired at all. My wife noticed the difference straight away, and on days when I didn't feel up to it she would encourage me to go and I always felt better for it. I think it broke the cycle, because after a couple of months I felt much happier all round.

That was many years ago, but I still have my trials bike, just in case.
    I used to go watch a lot of trials biking up on Silsden moor, a lot of my male friends do it, but I'd end up killing myself! I could go back to kickboxing though, I really enjoyed that