THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: teen relationships

teen relationships

A tight platonic 5 year friendship derailed by big move.She stonewalling since told of move.He greiving, does not know what to do.I suggested he writes a letter explaining exactly how he feels,but he wont as he says its intrusive to her space.As an old adult i know they need talk and sort to move on,Help.

Maybe invite them both somewhere at the same time? Or is that wrong to force their hand like that? It could also spectacularly backfire.

Maybe it's better to leave them be for a bit? Let the shock pass n dust settle. As with most things, a bit of time helps. How long has it been since they talked? Days or weeks? If they're that tight then hopefully this will be just a blip and they will sort it.

You sound quite shaken by the whole thing but don't underestimate their ability to sort it for themselves. If it hasn't been that long I'd give them time and then maybe think about helping. Personally tho, I'd comfort/advise my child but I wouldn't say very much to the other party and I wouldn't actively do anything to sort it out for them. They may be young but they know how they feel.
    Last edited by Treemeister; 31-10--2016 at 03:57 AM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, marshlander

I found the hardest thing with teenagers was letting them make their own mistakes. Gotta be done though....
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, glowingsunsets, Lightbringer

Thanks.Its been several months,permanently over 200 miles away, with no explanation or contact.There is nothing i can say when asked maybe why, as i am not accustomed to todays social habits.I do not understand it myself.If another person wont talk theres nothing you can do but walk.I hope they meet up in years to come as they are both such lovely people and likely both equally confused.
    Last edited by cricket; 31-10--2016 at 10:25 AM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    You can be the parent to comfort and listen. Make a suggestion if asked. Sometimes I need to ask my children (youngest now approaching thirty) if they want any thoughts I may have on an issue when I'm not sure what they want or need. Only recently, have I learned something about the code in which one daughter speaks when she is asking for help. I cannot allow myself to believe that a hug from a parent is ever wasted.

Good luck, strength and courage to you. Seeing a child in pain always feels unbearable.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

The hugs are it ,limitless love and listening.I feel life for youngsters is so full of uncertainty nowadays,not even sure if the climate of the planet will be stable, let alone relationships with the opposite sex, career choice and a job.What will I do ,where will I live,who will I be with,what about the future,war, terrorism,global politics in the mix too.Watching your child suffer and being powerless to fix it is awful,no matter how old they get I geuss.Thank you all for your support and advice.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, marshlander