THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: List of laid back festivals for 2017

Noobie

List of laid back festivals for 2017

Hi All,
    I am new to the forum and i'm looking for a list of laid back chilled festivals for 2017.
    Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Peace Love
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Farmer Phil's was ace last year!

Heavenly Creature
    The Laughter Festival in Carbourne Parva
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    highlight of my year was beltane near redditch
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, ma bungo, NomadicRT, treeboy

Noobie
    Thank you all very much if anybody else would like to add to this list please do so!

Transcending
    We went to Alchemy (which is now called Equinox) in Lincolnshire a few years back and absolutely loved it! Quite small - I think 3,000 tickets is their max? Loads of bands, dance tents, fire pit, amazing fire show on the Friday and Saturday night. Food and drink all very reasonably priced (cup of tea for 70p, baked potato with beans for 3 - unlike some festies that charge you a tenner for a burger and chips) but also had a nice fresh veggie stall so you can buy and cook your own easily enough. Really lovely, friendly people, easy to chat, dogs allowed on leads! Kids area, workshops (rocket stove making, I can't remember the others now but there was quite a lot on). One bloke doing chainsaw carving who was just amazing, another fella making this huge sand sculpture over the weekend and just the usual assortment of people dressed in weird and wonderful things. Really enjoyed it
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, NomadicRT, treeboy

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar
    Positive Vibrations was really good this year and is happening again next year too. Small, with the emphasis on doing things. Workshops on campervan conversions, alternative energy, batteries, you name it. Oh, and I set up a kiln and did some pottery! Good music in the evenings and decent beer at reasonable prices too!
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, GivingItThought, Lightbringer, ma bungo, NomadicRT, r3ubs, Uncle jhad

Equinox was brilliant and met loads of fab people, Beltane in Lincolnshire great as always but I am biased lol!

Tuning In
    equinox wouldnt be classed as laid back, far from it, thats why it's so good, for laid back, you want to be looking at harlequin fayre in norfolk, and knockengorough in scotland. greenma,n in yorkshire if it still happens they are too tame for me, its got to be loud n lary as I dont really do bands unless they are fast and furious like the cracked actors, a festi has to have a dance tent or two with a bulging sound system if I'm gonna get a wristband.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, treeboy

Originally Posted by wizard1luv
    equinox wouldnt be classed as laid back, far from it, thats why it's so good, for laid back, you want to be looking at harlequin fayre in norfolk, and knockengorough in scotland. greenma,n in yorkshire if it still happens they are too tame for me, its got to be loud n lary as I dont really do bands unless they are fast and furious like the cracked actors, a festi has to have a dance tent or two with a bulging sound system if I'm gonna get a wristband.
    The festivals you like, Sounds just like my piece of cake!
    but like laid back too
    The following users think this post is groovy: wizard1luv

Wo
    all sound super cool.....and has peaked my interest too....because i am shy and sort of an elusive hidden me and because i lack confidence and am sooo different and am on my own 99.9% of the time as most peeps dont get or understand me hahaha....except for my family and a few close friends who are not interested in any festi...I often miss out on many great fun things and things i would love sadly as my fears grow big and mahoosive and i become like a wild pony and Bolt hahaha
    Which I am working on in baby steps hahaha But I did manage to go to a small one near in surrey but that was kinda a on the spot stumble across it so just went in on my own hehehehe....and yes it was small so not too overpowering for meez as i danced the night away happy happy and peeps even joined in with me too which off course made me blushhhh as Red as a Blood Moon hahaha.....
    So i will be looking up these great sounding places too and hopefully my tippy toes will bounce and dance across their lands too next year
    ))
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, wizard1luv

Originally Posted by Danann
    Wo
    all sound super cool.....and has peaked my interest too....because i am shy and sort of an elusive hidden me and because i lack confidence and am sooo different and am on my own 99.9% of the time as most peeps dont get or understand me hahaha....except for my family and a few close friends who are not interested in any festi...I often miss out on many great fun things and things i would love sadly as my fears grow big and mahoosive and i become like a wild pony and Bolt hahaha
    Which I am working on in baby steps hahaha But I did manage to go to a small one near in surrey but that was kinda a on the spot stumble across it so just went in on my own hehehehe....and yes it was small so not too overpowering for meez as i danced the night away happy happy and peeps even joined in with me too which off course made me blushhhh as Red as a Blood Moon hahaha.....
    So i will be looking up these great sounding places too and hopefully my tippy toes will bounce and dance across their lands too next year
    ))
    I'd go to a festival with you
    And dance crazy and silly and mental

Tuning In

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    The festivals you like, Sounds just like my piece of cake!
    but like laid back too
    ya, laid back is good when in that particular zone, but if I am up for bouncy bouncy phat phast beats its hard to do laid back, generally at a festi that has an eclectic mix, its laid back and a band or three day time then at night, at night the lasers do shiney shiney pretty tings with thumpy thumpy base bins and er lets say enthusiastic dancin. goit to be done,

the push bike powered stage in the glade at equinox (ex alchemy) is an ace space.

I've done festival buddying when freinds felt it would be a bit overwhelming, you look for each other anyway but to have someone there as well is a confidence boost, when /i have done this, within a few hours, said person has met some folk and clicked and has gone off having fun and dont see them for a while, then as big grinning face returns then its party time.

The Green Gathering, 1st weekend in August near Chepstow (just inside Wales near Bristol), is pretty laid back and very, very friendly. Really lovely atmosphere, very little lairiness, very clean but also very free-feeling!

All solar-powered and with loads of workshops, talks etc as well as bands in small-ish venues and cosy cafe hangouts and gardens.

I'd also recommend Knockengorroch for old-school festie feeling and Scottish-flavoured friendliness in a wild location, Equinox for same only not in Scotland and more punk/dance music so louder but still really authentic, non-commercial etc... and Positive Vibrations for REALLY small and very practical-skills based.
    The following users think this post is groovy: GivingItThought

Both the Horsedrawn festies are pretty laid back , if you want them to be.Everyone just lazys about in the day
    until a bit later when the stages open.
    Equinox is brutal, certainly not laid back ! Not even the camp/live in areas are laid back

Farmer phils, by shrewsbury, and Lunar fest between redditch and brum are chilled, too.
    Then there's the green gathering , Cornbury , and the Surplus fest in wales ( if you play it right )
    Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone
    The following users think this post is groovy: GivingItThought, Slaine, treeboy

Noobie
    Small world spring festival and small world summer festival,, in Headcorn Kent,, both on a par with green gathering!! check out their websites!
    The following users think this post is groovy: GivingItThought, Lightbringer

Transcending

Originally Posted by cup of tipi
    Both the Horsedrawn festies are pretty laid back , if you want them to be.Everyone just lazys about in the day
    until a bit later when the stages open.
    Equinox is brutal, certainly not laid back ! Not even the camp/live in areas are laid back

Farmer phils, by shrewsbury, and Lunar fest between redditch and brum are chilled, too.
    Then there's the green gathering , Cornbury , and the Surplus fest in wales ( if you play it right )
    I must have back to front senses or something, I found Equinox/Alchemy really laid back and relaxing?! Lol

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    something else in the dean is pretty laid back, that and the horsedrawn are good
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, GivingItThought, treeboy

Theres the RAINBOW2000 festivals in the forest of dean.Well organised good food and workshops.Several different festis every year like small themed hippy camps really.Struck me as very middle class costly.Went twice years ago swopped work for discounted ticket.Brochure. Usually online.
    Used to be a very small "Spirit of Music" festival near Dartmoor that was ok.Like a musical hippy family camp.No dogs.

Originally Posted by GivingItThought
    I must have back to front senses or something, I found Equinox/Alchemy really laid back and relaxing?! Lol
    Relaxing ? haha, i didn't sleep until sunday night/monday morning. It's how ya play it, i suppose. I love the event, but it's a meet up of scallies and scoundrels for an end of season party, so i've never thought to go there with chilling in mind.
    Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone

Transcending

Originally Posted by cup of tipi
    Relaxing ? haha, i didn't sleep until sunday night/monday morning. It's how ya play it, i suppose. I love the event, but it's a meet up of scallies and scoundrels for an end of season party, so i've never thought to go there with chilling in mind.

I think that's what I loved about it, I'd be in the tea tent getting a cuppa at 7 in the morning chatting to people who'd been going at it for two days straight and I love conversations with people who are off their nuts, they're just so funny
    I went with my boy so like you say a different experience I guess but how amazing to have a festi that suits party animals and families at the same time without any problems? The people made it for me, so friendly and easy to chat to, I was sat there thinking I wish the world could be like this, all different sorts getting along just fine, doing different things and just enjoying themselves
    Getting all nostalgic now!
    The following users think this post is groovy: cup of tipi

Fairport convention near Banbury is a good one, I overheard on a security guards radio that there were only 3 police on duty for the festival and they were on foot about a mile from the festival

I've been going for years, mostly on my own, very friendly and laid back with a good mix of music, suitable for all ages. It's small and everyone I have been with has enjoyed it

I always enjoy the Acoustic Festival at Uttoxeter, friendly, laid back and you get a chance to chat with legends like Donovan and Robin Williamson.

I love the alternative festivals, this year my first will be Cosmic Puffin in Essex at the end of April