Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music you would like played at your funeral

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by essexcamper
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I did a little belly laugh. That is quite funny.

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Roamer
    I'm not ever going to die
    but if I did!

I would have "who wants to live forever" by Queen.

It's not that cheery but I like it.
    I said that, scroll back up....

Both sides now, the Glen Campbell version x
    The following users think this post is groovy: gomphus

Heavenly Creature
    "Sit on my face" Pythons

Stranglers Golden Brown

Crow suits at funerals are so shitty in my view no matter how old or young the departed is. It should be a celebration of their life and for one to be remembered my vote would be on

Not all who wander are lost

I'm not having a funeral, but I hope I get a wake. I went to one Bizbee Arizona once at a bar called St. Elmo's.....they had a band playing, end everyone was taking turns dancing with an urn that was filled with the ashed of an 80 year old woman that was a regular at the bar.....cool stuff...I hope they play this song at mine....
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Flaming lips- Do you Realize

Originally Posted by gary
    Flaming lips- Do you Realize

Good choice.... Best nihilist choon ever?

No music, no fanfare, no ceremony...chuck me in the flames no coffin, burn me. Cremate me then flush the ashes down the toilet..
    Thank you

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69

Deep thoughts with health not being what it was and not wanting to be a burden or fill the gold laden pockets of undertakers, you don't see a poor fn burial merchant, a choice of select tunes with headphones on a quiet out of the way moor for a private sky send-off ie, moi.
    Not all who wander are lost

I'm leaning more towards the idea of the most basic disposal service for myself. No ceremony, but I shall hum a little tune in my head if I can.

I don't mind, I'm not going to be there. But something by Bach might be nice. 😊
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tonio Kröger
    I don't mind, I'm not going to be there. But something by Bach might be nice. 
    Well this is an unusual instrument, but it works well.

If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: realnutter, Sootyfoot, Tonio Kröger

Time to pretend. Not the original, the divine comedy version. it's one of my favourite songs. Makes me feel either uplifted or a bit melancholy depending on my mood

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    No music, no fanfare, no ceremony...chuck me in the flames no coffin, burn me. Cremate me then flush the ashes down the toilet..
    Thank you
    I'm getting cremated too, but I want my ashes tossed under a tree up in the mountains. Preferably on the Gila wilderness, where the cliff dwellings are. That way my spirit can hang with the Native Americans buried there. I'm part Native American too. When I lived there, I used to talk to the spirits buried in my back yard. They're there.
    Hanging in the sewer sounds too dank for me. Don't want to be buried in the ground either.

When a Buddhist monk dies in Tibet, they put his body outside for the buzzards to eat. Recycle.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Sootyfoot

Black hole sun and revolution from my bed.......and asomething I can't quite remember about little fluffy clouds.....pooh and something by beck probably the one about beer cans and neighbours ......finished off with rage against the machine.

Possibly I'd want don Quixote by nick Kershaw spliced in between the above tracks.....and an Adam and the ants montage but since I'm going to outlive anyone who might feel motivated to attend my funeral I'll probably just request that my ashes are binned......since I've been in the bin since forever
    Last edited by zendaze; 21-05--2017 at 01:48 AM.

I did have a couple of songs lined up,one being "Ride On"by AC/DC,but I've recently changed my mind re having a funeral.I'm going with a company who will collect my body,cremate it(no service involved),and my kids will get my ashes to dispose of either in woodland here...or a national park in Oz,depending which country I die in.
    You are the creator of your own reality!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Cobra
    I did have a couple of songs lined up,one being "Ride On"by AC/DC,but I've recently changed my mind re having a funeral.I'm going with a company who will collect my body,cremate it(no service involved),and my kids will get my ashes to dispose of either in woodland here...or a national park in Oz,depending which country I die in.
    Galaxy Orb with Cremation Ash Asteriod Belt and Glow in the Dark Stars

Tan and Purple Cat Eye Glass Paperweight with Cremation Ash

I love those!!!! I'm visioning my grandaughters playing catch with it,and my daughter yelling "Put Nana down....right now!!!!"
    You are the creator of your own reality!
    The following users think this post is groovy: gophangover, wurzel

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Definitely this:

[QUOTE=Paul;1575737]Definitely this:

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you were trying to say in that quote

Originally Posted by Paul
    I'm not sure what you were trying to say in that quote
    I'm sorry...I thought I put this video on for you......

The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee