THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Music you would like played at your funeral

Music you would like played at your funeral

Paul
    PⒶUL
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, kkbell, marshlander

Whatever by Oasis, and Lofty Skies by Tyrannosaurus Rex
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman

Shine on you crazy diamond , buts its gotta be one of the 17 minute versions , say you will remember me kids ? , well you will certainly remember my funeral
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I want my remains scattered around Disneyland , oh and I dont want to be cremated ................
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Lightbringer, marshlander, Offgrid hero, quintessence, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    My friend arranged for the Timewarp to be played at her funeral. It was pretty awesome, a few hundred folk crying, laughing at the same time and doing the Timewarp.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, kkbell, marshlander, Sootyfoot, Wulfie

Weather girls-it's raining men!!! That's my funeral song

The following users think this post is groovy: aman, marshlander

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shroom
    Shine on you crazy diamond , buts its gotta be one of the 17 minute versions , say you will remember me kids ? , well you will certainly remember my funeral

I want my remains scattered around Disneyland , oh and I dont want to be cremated ................
    I think scattering your remains around Disneyland is very achievable if you have been cremated . Scattering them round in other format might be trick/messy/ time consuming , and possibly a health risk.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Oh well this would probably change everytime I was asked hahaha, here's a few anyway.

Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Ecobob, marshlander

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Funny, I was actually thinking about this yesterday. My partner, my family and friends already know that I want Myhrpolska by Hoven Droven at my funeral. Unfortunately I cannot find it on YouTube, which is odd considering there may be hundreds of Hoven Droven videos on there.

Somewhere in the middle I would like this:

I shall probably write something for my family and friends to play when they put me in the ground in my cardboard coffin, which I hope everyone will have helped decorate with graffiti and messages. If death comes quicker than inspiration I have another composition lined up, which they know about.

I hope they have a wake at which my friends and family will play whichever of my compositions they feel appropriate and that everyone will dance their socks off. If they decide to play them all, it could be one hell of a party lasting several days. If someone decides to write something for me I hope they let me hear it before I die, because I don't think I shall hear it afterwards.

I have composed tunes for close friends and two of them said in their instructions to family that they wanted my tunes played at their funerals. On the day of the funeral of one of them in France a couple of months ago my partner was getting text messages from the sister of the deceased saying no one could locate the tune she wanted. I had to upload it to Dropbox and they got it to the funeral parlour with minutes to spare. The other tune was specially recorded for my partner's mother's funeral. She had liked the tune so much in life and laughed at the humour I hoped she would find in my gentle teasing. It was the first time I have seen pall bearers dance out of a church.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Ecobob, Muninn

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Ecobob

Heavenly Creature
    Who Wants to Live Forever - Queen

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Always look on the bright side of life by Eric idle

and

I"m leaving on a jet plane by cilla black
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Transcending

These 2.

​Humph!
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Ecobob

Frame.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

Frame.

And lastly...

Whichever order they come in.

I'll be horizontal if they can find me

Frame.

Londons burning, fetch the engine, fetch the engine, fire fire, fire fire, pour on water etc. I had planned to be laid out in my ledge wagon bed and let the flames do the rest. Unless I sell it before hand to pay for a life saving operation. Then I would change my tune! To knick knack paddy wack he played ten. He played knick knack once again.

Well I/We dont believe in death or funerals ..hahahaha....Because We Do Not Die As Such ...We Just Pass Into And Onto Another Land/Place/Etc ...
    And we Celebrate Both Life And Forever Sleep (Death) ....So The Music Played Is The Same As In Life And The Forever Sleep..(Death) ..
    So...A Whole Lotta Music Is Played and Dancing Too Just As I/We Do In Life hahaha
    Form From The Void & Mists

Staying Alive-The Bee Gee's
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child

Something from coldplay then 3/4 of the congregation will be itching to join me.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: frame69, itinerant child, ma bungo

Originally Posted by Offgrid hero
    Something from coldplay then 3/4 of the congregation will be itching to join me.
    Lol.

Frame.

White Rabbit original by JA; keep on truckin by Hot Tuna; electric version of Ohio by NY and give peace a chance by the great John Lennon. Toby.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, marshlander

I'm not ever going to die
    but if I did!

I would have "who wants to live forever" by Queen.

It's not that cheery but I like it.

The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander