THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Raw Vegan Diet

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Raw Vegan Diet

Morning!

Does anyone here follow this lifestyle?

I'm thinking about it. Have watched a few videos and docs as you do. Looking at what people eat, and it's such a large amount of food, I don't know if I could chew that much!

Real life pros and cons?

How expensive are you finding it?

Do you enjoy it?

I'm asking all these questions more as a convo starter. I would like to know what you think about the whole thing.

Thank you x
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Have since decided this is not for me. Involves eating far too much food each day!
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

I live as close to raw vegan as I can . But in winter I do have hot food too. And a little in summer . I feel at optimum health when I'm about 80% raw

Not Quite a Noobie Nomadic monster's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I was 100% raw for 6 months, but have been one and off a lot longer than that. There are many different styles of raw food and not all of them do you have to eat a lot. I found what worked best for me was high fat ( shite load of avo's, nuts, seeds, cold pressed oils and also a lot of dried fruit). I had loads of energy, lost weight, skin glowing and it didn't mess with my diabetes. I then switched to 80/10/10 and even though I love eating tonnes of fruit, I was craving cooked food, my blood sugars went messed up and as you said, I found it hard to eat enough, especially as the fruits and veg are high in water content.
    Have a play around though, don't give up on it, it is an amazing lifestyle, you just need to find a way that works for you.