THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aliens, do you believe?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don't be too sure about that, Keith. We are just beginning to understand about avian intelligence, birds are pretty well classed as a living branch of dinosaurs nowadays; and their intelligence and cognitive abilities are way higher than scientists thought until quite recently.
    It's worth pointing out that a cockatoo, for instance, has about twice as many neurons in it's brain as a human being.

That makes sense. Pound for pound more neurons. Successful Evolution delivers the goods we find today. How many similar bird species had a head/brain the size of a Labrador, couldn't fly & became a meal for another predator.

Not Quite a Noobie

Originally Posted by oldkeith
    An interesting thread. And very true that ideas which are angrily denied at one stage in our history can become fact a little further on, perhaps only a century or two down the line.
    There is a great deal in our hidden history to suggest some kind of coming and going between Earth and Elsewhere, and by no means all of it to do with star ships.
    There are powerful legends of earthly civilisations here which could fly across the sky at one time. Some later legends suggest the last of these only a few thousand years ago, and almost on our doorstep here in the UK

Following on from what Danann and others have said, arises the the question of "Are We - Humankind - the real strangers here?"
    The biological forms we inhabit, which alone of all the species on earth can modify their own immediate habitat in order to survive in inhospitable places, the abstract kind of intelligence we possess, the fact that in most parts of the planet we could not survive without clothes and cooked food of some kind; there is just nothing else here like us. I sometimes muse that perhaps we are part of some alien biological experiment which tried to cloak some sort of spiritual intelligences in earthly flesh... and mostly failed.
    Well oldkeith, I believe we are infact Aliens in our own right. If there we cant not be what we see as alien. We have a whole wealth of life on this planet & it looks alien to me. Its nice to imagine another creature on another planet that is intelligent, with its own wealth of life around it. It is a fascinating subject of theory & possibly fact, that may never die.

I believe if you believe that something exists then it exists and if you don't believe it does then It doesn't, so everyone just don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling yeah, street lights people oooohhh!!!
    Hehe
    I'll believe it when I see it is my way of thinking but I don't disbelieve either.

Heavenly Creature
    Yes l believe there is life out there. There's just no way we are unique. If they are less advanced than us, we won't get to meet them. If they are more advanced, they might avoid us!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

To think that we are the most advanced or only civilisation in our known universe is testimony to our misplaced belief that we are advanced. Lol. We are children of the earth....earth-lings!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

With the universe being the size it is, and the possible amount of planets that exist, it would be a bit silly to think we are the only life in the whole universe. Maybe in a thousand years we might find life beyond earth when technology is advanced enough. I could kind of imagine though if aliens came to visit, we would probably end up with right wing people being racist and bigoted towards extraterrestrials, telling them to go back to where they came from, silly humans.
    Form is nothingness and nothingness is form.

I think the fact that they have not contacted us is a sign of thier higher intellect.
    The following users think this post is groovy: schatje

Originally Posted by Shroom
    I think the fact that they have not contacted us is a sign of thier higher intellect.
    I agree with that, they probably see us as a bunch of primitive rabble.

I know alien life exists, my best friend and I have seen tons of weird things in the sky that can´t be explained by swampgas, light reflections, satelites, and such and such, I have also had contact with aliens. Ofcourse I can't prove anything except with some videos, but that ain't hard evidence. I don't think it can be proven unless the aliens in question wants to make their presence globally known. You just have to take my word for it and I understand if you don't =)
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.

I've been between 50-100 feet from a UFO, and I had a friend with me. He wanted to stop and try to make contact. I always thought that if I had the chance I'd try to catch a ride with them. But what if they took him and not me? It would be hell trying to explain, so I kept driving. And this happened real close to where the movie FIRE IN THE SKY happened. It's supposed to be a true story.

I also saw one way out in space once. I had a different friend with me that night. It did all kinds of maneuvers, shooting across the sky in seconds, then stopping on a dime and changing direction. It looked like a star, but stars nor satellites move like that.

There are aliens,theyre in my local Tesco
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

I have a t-shit that says, "Jesus came back to save us, but they locked him up in Arizona....didn't have no papers, he's an illegal ALIEN." It's the chorus to a song I wrote.

No Jesus in Tesco,but definitely Aliens
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

lone wolf survivalist.
    no I don't.

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Paul

Are you an Alien,
    , do you have a message for us earthlings

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by rhythm
    Are you an Alien,
    , do you have a message for us earthlings
    If I tell you I'll have to kill you

Originally Posted by Paul
    If I tell you I'll have to kill you
    A
    man

lone wolf survivalist.
    yeah, right!!

pull the other one, its got bells on!!

My signature says it all, well Calvin and Hobbes did originally but I agree with them.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Turning On
    If lightspeed really is a hard limit in the universe, it seems rather an elegant solution.

Being as everything is spreading out in the universe the distances between different galaxies etc increasing.

It maybe a mechanism to keep us isolated from other beings..

Heavenly Creature
    Not all just for us, surely?

The lightspeed limit and the quarantine distances it would ensure between planetary civilisations in an expanding universe would certainly stop the rot from Imperial Earth getting out there.

Other-dimensional travel might provide an answer, but maybe not for us.

Maybe there is already some living in Glastonbury, lots of weird stuff there

Heavenly Creature
    Glastonbury is just full of people who want to be aliens, the real ones don't go near the place, except on holiday sometimes
    The following users think this post is groovy: oldkeith