THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you like to help save orangutans?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Paul
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I don't really see the connection between veganism and the issues facing Orangutans - in fact, singling out apes as more worthy than other species is pretty much a typical omnivore thing to do. Determining which animals need to be saved, and which animals are less important ignores the ability of other creatures to feel pain or suffer.

However, I will answer this:

Do you not see a contradiction between "I care about all life..." or "my lifestyle is a very gentle one" and the practice of needlessly killing (or paying people to kill) animals for the sake of your taste buds? I mean, it's hardly altruistic kindness is it?

Seriously, if you eat meat then that is indeed your choice, but please don't make a fuss about your feelings being insulted because your words don't match your lifestyle.
    Busted

You're very good at this!

Nightmare to live with though
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

I'd probably start with all native peoples but I spose since that's considered bye the bye......do orangutans develop a languid attitude and substance abuse problems when their culture and roaming lands are stolen?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roamer
    Everything would end up extinct
    Things are going extinct because of animal agriculture. Deforestation and pollution being two major factors with this.

Palm oil production is a drop in the ocean compared with the damage done by the meat industry.

It`s Palm oil making the great Apes homeless by deforestation,if you would like to learn what to avoid at the supermarkets,please do some research,this will help get you started,

It`s in nearly everything,so don`t beat yourself up if you make mistakes,just try your best to be aware of what you do consume,vegan,vegetarian or meat eaters.

Saying that,it`s probably going into Diesel too

What is needed is more protected wild habitats for forest dependents,both human tribes and creatures,we need to limit our exploitation all together.