THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alternate universes Do you think they exist or not?

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sex
    Male

Alternate universes Do you think they exist or not?

So, Scientist say there could me multiple universes with duplicates of ourselves. Can you think about what your other self would be doing? I may be a poor man, or rich in these other universes. This is if its true however. So what do you think your other selves would be doing at this moment in time. Everything or nothing?

Are they awake or asleep, do they have a job or no job, are they living in a cave or a house e.t.c?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Same shit different universe...probably
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, WREKAGE

Sex
    Female

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    Same shit different universe...probably
    Same.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    If they are alternatives why would they be the same? There should be a rich, thin, gorgeous me out there!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    If they are alternatives why would they be the same? There should be a rich, thin, gorgeous me out there!
    I'm one of a kind lol
    if there was another me but different, I don't think we would get on lol
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Sex
    Male
    Interesting, and fascinating. I haven't got a clue really so I can't give a serious answer. It's a bit like time travel, maybe one day we will find out, or maybe some already have found out but can't or decide not to get back to this universe to tell us about it. Perhaps they have already come back and tried to tell us, only to be locked up in a soft cell. I have had moments in my life, when I have chosen not to act on things , decisions etc and it makes you wonder if there is an alternate you, somewhere who has made those choices and is living with those decisions. It goes quite deep if you think about it. Ohh so many questions and so few answers.

The subject Reminds me of this, one of my favorite programs back in the 90's.
    Oh I miss those days, we were so spoilt for choice for sci fi on mainstream TV , you had Star Trek TNG, DS9 , Space Prescient, Babylon 5 and of course Sliders, to name a few.
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer

I think there are different universe's/ dimensions that we can't see with our eyes, the spirit dimension definitely exists.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Lightbringer, milly

Sex
    Female
    I'd be stonking rich
    & dedicated to my very own breeding yard of insanely beautiful horses.
    They would be magnificent & the stud fees would be through the roof.

I'd have an aga & a huge great open fireplace & I'd cook lovely meals for all the staff & pay them big bonuses. I'd spoil my staff

I'd have different men for different moods
    is that allowed?

I would also have big special riding weekends for the poor & the disabled & we would celebrate every occasion. Full of life & fun & happiness & shared love

Sex
    Female
    I actually used to think I'd end up the person I've described above

The delusion still haunts me

Sex
    Male
    Maybe we're in the alternate universe now and the real one is just an arms length away.
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Ecobob
    Maybe we're in the alternate universe now and the real one is just an arms length away.
    Nahhh
    I think this is it
    sorry to disappoint .

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Am I me in this alternative universe, or a park bench?

What a lot of rubbish, young people today.

Mutter mutter.

Sex
    Female
    ??you are already gorgeous and rich in the things that matter.Thin?Voluptuous is a far better word.

Originally Posted by vanwoman84
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Ecobob

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by cricket
    ??you are already gorgeous and rich in the things that matter.Thin?Voluptuous is a far better word.
    Did you just call Vannie fat???

On a Monday?
    shame on you cricket

Statistically of course there is a good chance we are not in any universe as such and are a simulation Matrix style :-(
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, dollybassett, Lightbringer

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Roamer

On a Monday?
    shame on you cricket
    get yer glasses on and engage yer brain.
    Trouble is your so driven to seek your mr love beast you are crazed with hormones and your eyes are going googley.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Lightbringer

Sex
    Female

get yer glasses on and engage yer brain.
    Trouble is your so driven to seek your mr love beast you are crazed with hormones and your eyes are going googley.
    I have 2020 vision

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by sirenity
    Statistically of course there is a good chance we are not in any universe as such and are a simulation Matrix style :-(
    Only on compooter. Not in real life

Sex
    Female
    If there is intelligent life out there why would they allow another us?I do beleive in other dimensions/planes of existance here and now though.Science found neutrinos passing through everything all the time.How come we dont get collandered?There are colours we cannot see,sounds we cannot hear.Now science is proving the existence of the soul.Pigs and horses can see the wind.I have had many animals that casually watch what seem to be other beings i cannot see.I believe we are only just finding out things that were always around us that we have been conditioned to not beleive or see.I was pulling out of an industrial park many years ago.As i waited for traffic to pass, the opposite side of the road seemed visually odd as though it was a solid mass even the air,stopped .still.odd.I was transfixed for a while then pulled out to go home.I must of passed ,the three young lads speeding in the other direction,within moments of them hitting exactly where I had been looking and dieing there.Does energy precede a massive event?I feel we know very little of our amazing universe and the wonders therein.
    Ever see "Horton Hears A Who"?
    Last edited by cricket; 14-11--2016 at 10:43 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: milly

Sex
    Female
    The matrix IS the computer.We dont know it, but we are programes.How would we know if we were or were not.?I want to be in The Matrix and for it to be real so I can be liberated by Keannu Reeves,

Only on compooter. Not in real life
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Sex
    Male

Does energy precede a massive event?I feel we know very little of our amazing universe and the wonders therein.?
    Supposedly an event can leave an impression on a place, so perhaps it could work the other way round as well. Time is merely a human perception, who is to say in what order it happens.

I'm not closed to the idea when it is the spiritual or afterlife dimension under consideration..... I categorically do not have faith or believe but am not closed off to it.

I am closed off to the idea of a parallel universe other than it being a useful thought experiment to encourage the consideration and contemplation of existence and how taking different paths etc in life may have lead or may lead to different outcomes.

It's a contemplative experiment posed to place individual existence and evolution in context.....

Unfortunately it doesn't work.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, oldkeith

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    If there are parallel universes it is unlikely that we are there, as we are here.
    But perhaps not all of what we are is here, meaning that we may be extensions of something that is elsewhere.
    If this is so, parallel universes/dimensions would have to exist.
    The following users think this post is groovy: dollybassett, Lightbringer, Oakley

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female

On a Monday?
    shame on you cricket

I will live with voluptuous!! I scrub up well but not too often...