Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48
Results 1,129 to 1,142 of 1142

Thread: Bushcraft Survival Prepper Group

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Rick69
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I don't regularly get to lidl, if they come up again and you remember give us a shout please!

They are available again.....bright enough (for finding your way) and quite reliable imo.

Edit......nope I'm mistaken.....those on sale are the aa version.....not 12v rechargeable... apologies

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    How do they start a fire, do they put out a lot of heat?

Is it the battery that is a risk to catching fire? If so what's a better one to use, I presume duracell don't do anything as powerful.

That little USB charger looks great, I have several things I could plug that in to including a stove.

It's the heat generated from the light beam. Some brag about cooking a egg on the torch glass.
    Try flashlight reviews if interested in buying yourself a torch or visit a forum or three.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero

Just been looking on YouTube at led torches starting fires and I found an interesting hack(can you start a fire with a sandwich bag ?), It worth a watch.
    just a simple guy

My mate set fire to the window curtains when she left a crystal out. I like the torch idea because it can be used indoors or at night.

I'm having a change of thought. All this planning to survive. Prepping for the what if's. At the back of my mind I know I'm unsettled and the long forecast for my retiring years isn't confirmed. So Im thinking of setting myself a challenge, to learn and practice free gardening, foraging from nature. Compiling knowledge of plant and nutrient harvesting on the move. There's plenty of resources available to practice this during the good times. (Peaceful times) plenty of active groups to share the experience with. Combining medicinal uses, alongside food preparation, in a nutshell, bush crafting. It maybe time to leave the hippies behind and invest my time with another forum I've been a member of.

My little sunflower seed for oil thing isn't going very well I've learned that they are easy to grow if you pellet and support them from wind damage I did nether,I will collect the seed from the survivers and use it next year but put more preparation into the bed.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Just learned something new from ray, the smaller curly edge Dock plant leaves are edible.
    just a simple guy
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Offgrid hero
    Just learned something new from ray, the smaller curly edge Dock plant leaves are edible.
    Are they nice to eat though?

He didn't really say what they taste like,I think if I find a young fresh looking one I'll try it he ate his raw but from a coastal site and said their better when not exposed to salt, maybe cooked a bit like spinach?
    just a simple guy

Because I Eat Many Flowers .Weeds Etc And Because Of My Raising I Know Of This "Curly Edge Dock Plant " You Be Speaking Off . But We Call It "Yellow Root" Simply Because Of Its Yellow Root..

Firstly I Will Say That It Be Best To Eat "Young" When Its Say About 3 Inches Long ...As Then It Tastes Sort Of Lemoney And Is Great To Make Tea Or Sprinkle On Salads Or Just Simple Use As Vegetable...
    The Older Bigger Leafs Are Yuckkky E
    And Bitter ....And I Know Ma Bungo You Have Farm Animals So I This Be Very Bad For.
    And Not Only Do The Bigger Old Leafs Be Bitter They Also Are Full Of A Bad Toxin (Acid) I Think Thats What You Call It (Acid) ...But Yes If You Boil It The Bad Toxin Acid Stuff Goes ..But We Do Not Ever Be Eating Old Big Dock Leaf (Yellow Root) Anyway As We Only Eat The Yummy Young Ones.

Also We Use The Yellow Root (Curley Dock ) "ROOTS" Itself ...And Not Just The Leafs.
    For Teas And Healing ...
    We Use The Yellow Root Dry Or Make It Into Powder And Polstices Too..
    It Is A Great Laxative And Is Great When You Add Apple Cider Vinegar For "Body Booster" ..You Call It "Tonics"
    As It Packed With Iron..So Very Good For What We Call "Sick Blood" .I Think You Call It "Anemia" And Also A Great Healer Of Coughs Too And Good For Getting Bad Things Out Of The Body Like Bad Air Car Fumes...And Heavy Metals Which Be Important To Us To Not Have Metals In Our Bodies And In And On Our Skin.

We Also Make Polstices..With The Yellow Root In Powder Look .....As It Heals Skin Rashes...And Skin Sores ...Also Mixed It Be Very Good To Soothe And Help Muscle Bone Pain I Think You Call That "Rhuemy Of The Bone/Body) hahahahahaha.

So I Be Hoping This Has Help You A Little As To Best Way To Eat And Use The "Yellow Root Plant/Weed" ....And The Best Way We Use It Both The Leaf And Root....And Also Keep Farm Animals Away From It Too As It Be Making Them Very Very Sickly
    ((
    Form From The Void & Mists

Are you talking sorrel
    Not all who wander are lost

Originally Posted by Wulfie
    Are you talking sorrel
    Not Sure If You Was Saying That To Me? Wulfie hehehe.
    But Yes Even Though "Sorrell" Be From The "Dock Weeds" I Was Talking About The "Yellow Root Or Curley Edge Dock"...Which Yes Even Though Be From The "Dock" Family It Not Be The One I Was Talking About.....
    The Problem I Be Finging With "Docks" Is There Be Soooo Many Different Ones From The "Dock Family" That Sort Of Do The Same Sort Of Things Etc...It Be Gets Me Sometimes Very Muddled Indeedy hehehe

But I Think...That Sorrell Is Another Type ...Of The "Dock Family "....
    Form From The Void & Mists

Heavenly Creature
    I was thinking Sorrel too.

It's not sorrel though. It does have it's fair share of nutrition.