THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extraction

Extraction

I've got to have a tooth out from the bottom at the back

It's being done on the 1st December & I am not looking forward to it

Stoopid toothypegs

I've only just finished having all the top ones sorted they look lovely now but by God I went through the blinking mill & had to fight for it coz it was on the NHS. I had an amazing dentist in Devon who really looked after me. We got on great, I used to help him with his English coz he's Romanian I used to teach him new words & test him on them next time I saw him he was lovely.

My new dentist in Yorkshire is also really nice though
    I said " you can stick that sharp proddy thing back in its wrapper coz it's not coming anywhere near my mouth "
    He said "Okay let's do an x-ray" haha! Good man
    I'm on antibiotics now. I every 8 hours. 21 little miracle tablets. I hope they work!
    I'm not one for medication normally but jeez the pain just give me the drugs doc.

Oi!!! Sympathy needed

You must have missed this little thread hippies

I appreciate it's not world changing stuff but have a heart.

Memememememe... me me me

Fancy a toffee? that might shift it
    The following users think this post is groovy: Roamer

Quote Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
    I've got to have a tooth out from the bottom at the back

It's being done on the 1st December & I am not looking forward to it

Stoopid toothypegs
    Wuss........I will send the Toothfairy.
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

OK being a meanie isn`t nice,have a hug and some sympathy.
    It`ll be OK.

xx

Heavenly Creature
    When water-skiing once, I was driving the boat, with my dentist on the tow. I dropped him for a laugh about a half a mile out to sea ... the following week I needed a tooth out ... that hurt
    The following users think this post is groovy: Roamer, Sootyfoot

lone wolf survivalist.
    all the ladies at my dentist surgery are from South Africa except the dentist herself she is from India, blooming good dentist too, but she is so softly spoken I have trouble hearing her!!!

You'll be fine hon,dont worry yourself ok?Once its out,you'll pretty much have instant relief.My dentist is also Romanian,and she is so nice! Remember......the thought is usually worse than the reality xoxox
    The following users think this post is groovy: nomis, Sootyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Fancy a toffee? that might shift it
    I did actually get a bit lary a couple of times with my tooth in the early hours.
    I'm not even nowhere near joking I swore at it & everything!
    Pain pain pain I didn't know what to do with myself it hurt a lot.
    Still does! It's miserable
    Least I know I've got my drugs now though & a fit dentist

Quote Originally Posted by hagrid View Post
    all the ladies at my dentist surgery are from South Africa except the dentist herself she is from India, blooming good dentist too, but she is so softly spoken I have trouble hearing her!!!
    I bet you give her hell I hope you tip her well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    You'll be fine hon,dont worry yourself ok?Once its out,you'll pretty much have instant relief.My dentist is also Romanian,and she is so nice! Remember......the thought is usually worse than the reality xoxox
    All my top ones are new now. I know pain
    I'm very lucky really. The NHS has spoilt me

I love my top nashers.

Thank God for good legs eh?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra

Turning On
    I feel your pain..Not literally thank god but I fear my next appointment, I know it's going to be a rough ride.and a long one, good luck on yours.

Have you booked the appointment Susie? Have you set a date & are you armed with a treatment plan?

I'm not sure how much use I'm going to be as I don't know your character. It's horses for courses you see & people deal with things differently. Advice sometimes isn't my strong point.

Tip number one - lay it on thick like lurpak sedation costs them oodles of money & the NHS will avoid this route if at all possible.
    Unless of course you are going private? in which case, knock yourself out, no pun intended.

Tip number two - Do not ... I repeat... DO NOT search Google for similar experiences. You will absolutely mess your pants in the process & it's just generally very unhelpful

Tip number 3 - Don't think about it - just do it get the situation by the short & curlies & go in there like a warrior princess. YOU WILL NOT BE BEAT. You've got this & you are going to look amazing & be pain free.
    Now get in there & get it done.

I do mean well I just can't help being me.

Let us know how it goes. I want sympathy from you on the 1st December when I'm in the chair so don't forget me

Quote Originally Posted by Roamer
    I've got piles off that naughty step
    You need more roughage in your diet

http://www.livestrong.com/article/39...oughage-foods/

You need more roughage in your diet

http://www.livestrong.com/article/39...oughage-foods/
    Can't eat at the moment thanks anyway

(pre Birthday advice Gift)
    Porridge or Weetibix iz good,you don`t need to chew and iz high in fiber

and get some of that toothypaste i told you about.

Having had several extractions in the past, all I can say is its not as bad as a filling, take a dose of ibuprofen about an hour before, and that will reduce any swelling after the extraction, which is where a lot of the pain is (it is also better than a lot of other painkillers for dental pain (trust me I have tried everything up to Tramadol) and remember to swill your mouth with salty water afterwards to keep the socket clean until it heals, the gum will close over the hole and the bone will fill the gap in time.
    All the best, and yes I know that feeling of swearing at the tooth and everything in general. Hugs
    We perform the impossible every day - Miracles take a little longer.

(pre Birthday advice Gift)
    Porridge or Weetibix iz good,you don`t need to chew and iz high in fiber

and get some of that toothypaste i told you about.

I DID buy it a few days after you said about it. Cost me 3.50 sensy repair & protect & then I spent another 3 on another one the tooth needs coming out the toothypaste isn't going to glue it in!

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Having had several extractions in the past, all I can say is its not as bad as a filling, take a dose of ibuprofen about an hour before, and that will reduce any swelling after the extraction, which is where a lot of the pain is (it is also better than a lot of other painkillers for dental pain (trust me I have tried everything up to Tramadol) and remember to swill your mouth with salty water afterwards to keep the socket clean until it heals, the gum will close over the hole and the bone will fill the gap in time.
    All the best, and yes I know that feeling of swearing at the tooth and everything in general. Hugs
    Yeah I will take ibuprofen
    It's miserable isn't it Grendel fed up with my silly teeth.
    It's one thing after another. My wisdom tooth is kicking off now as well coz it doesn't like my new teeth & it's ongoing.
    Makes me fed up sometimes.
    Never mind can't really complain when people have cancer & other stuff

Pro Enamel,not "repair and Protect",different stuff,you don`t bloomin listen do ya?

I managed to extract a molar myself using Pro Enamel,no Dentist needed.

Turning On
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    I'd say extractions are not bad either, I've always feared root canal and always said I'd never ever have one but the dentist said I need one.It's the drilling and the fear of them slipping into the nerve as he did years ago, left me in pain for a week until I demanded they take it out. That's where the fear came from I guess.

Mr dentist had me booked in to take one toothypeg out & he took two out
    My wisdom tooth next door to the poorly tooth was being naughty so he said whilst I was having anaesthetic he might as well take that one out at the same time as it was no use to me really & it was "going to become a pain in the arse if it was left" I absolutely love my new dentist, he completely gets me & he has the patience of a saint, plus he's really funny & makes me laugh.

I did get myself into a bit of a state I had a bit of a panic attack & couldn't breathe & they had to turn the air conditioning on then I was crying the nurse was absolutely brilliant & held my hand & said all the right things.
    I was a diabolical patient. I made such a fuss with the injections & had to have a second lot of anaesthetic coz I'd convinced everyone that the first lot hadn't worked I'm such a baby.
    They laughed at me afterwards coz I shouted yayyy & clapped lol

I'm working on him to take the lot out for cosmetic reasons but he's cottoned on & it's nhs so it may take me a while to get round him animated-smileys-laughing-289.gif

Thing is my top ones look ace & I want the bottom ones matching. Basically I want celeb looking teeth without the price tag coz I'm vain. My last dentist was easier to manipulate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The following users think this post is groovy: Grendel

I'm going to buy them a really nice Xmas card & a little hamper gift for the surgery. I'm so impressed with them.
    I phoned them as a new patient & literally had an appointment for an hour later. Then I was given antibiotics & was back in the chair for treatment 2 weeks later.
    It can be a bit of a postcode lottery with nhs dentists but once again I have struck gold & been incredibly lucky.
    I can finally crack on with some serious job hunting now that I'm not in constant pain.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Grendel