Thread: The Haight Ashbury - A History

The Haight Ashbury - A History

The Haight Ashbury- A History by Charles Perry.

This is a good read , the story of the psychedelic ,hippy community of Haight Ashbury ,San Francisco in the 1960's.
    A well written account of the characters ,the politics , events ,drugs the music and the community etc.

Some more info and reviews on Amazon here -
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Interview with the author -
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free pdf of the book , here -
    Last edited by likahamadoolihan; 18-11--2016 at 05:28 PM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Lightbringer, oldkeith, stuoolong

lone wolf survivalist.
    some of that history was bloody at times.

Nope I will not buy another book (I'm talking to myself) I've bought 5 books since joining this forum and they haven't been cheap

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Nope I will not buy another book (I'm talking to myself) I've bought 5 books since joining this forum and they haven't been cheap
    You don't have to buy it , the whole book is available for free as a pdf file here -

I know but I love books, I can't read on a screen for too long

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    I know but I love books, I can't read on a screen for too long
    Well, ration yourself, Gal, like what I do!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by oldkeith
    Well, ration yourself, Gal, like what I do!

Rationing is a difficult skill to learn , and possibly not one I wish to aquire
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy, Lightbringer, likahamadoolihan

Heavenly Creature
    Well Ma, the books last longer, and you gets time to do other things that you really should be doing...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

This is such a Super Cool Great book and a really great read ....as i really enjoy reading and learning sooo many things they be teaching as i defo a bit of a book worm "wiggle wiggle" hehehehe and i love Poetry Too
    ))
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, Lightbringer, likahamadoolihan

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by oldkeith
    Well Ma, the books last longer, and you gets time to do other things that you really should be doing...
    I had to read that twice , thought bottle lasts longer ! No chance

Heavenly Creature
    For us, it depends what's in the bottle. We were given a bottle of Jägermeister last Xmas, and it was easy to ration, because it tastes like cough mixture, even when suitably diluted.
    So easy to ration that we still have about a quarter of the bottle left today!
    Some books are a bit like the Jägermeister, of course, but you can throw them out. But a bottle is..... different...